Ins/Outs V Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ins/Outs V Blues

Murphy and Thomas out for them will help us.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 9:20pm Murphy and Thomas out for them will help us.
you know we are in trouble when we need help against the cheats.

Kilda
Club Player

Hind has been an emergency about 6 times this year so he must be on the brink of selection.

If Paton & Webster are in doubt due to injury, then surely Hind gets his chance.

Crossy66
Club Player

would like to see Longer and White come in. I think Marshall is a weapon up forward , plus he would be even better if he could go harder when on the ball because he had some decent ruck support. Either way, I suspect they will turn to their most trusted line up this week as both clubs will set themselves for a win and the fallout will be big for the loser.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 9:54pm
samuraisaint wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 9:20pm Murphy and Thomas out for them will help us.
you know we are in trouble when we need help against the cheats.
Oh, I think we'll win, but I don't think it will be as one sided as many of these games have been since 2002. We struggle to kick scores of 11 goals or more in a match, but then so do they, hence I think we will win. But those two outs would help us a lot on Sunday afternoon.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Pity Murphy is out, I was looking forward to booing him. Mind you, I reckon that dirt-bag Mumford should be arrested for what he did to Murphy.

And I can't believe Thomas will be suspended, he simply called a boundary umpire a 'bleep' cheat. Admittedly it was probably a tad unnecessary, the poor umpire was simply following the AFL directive of supporting it's most valuable franchises.

Special
Club Player

K*nt out. He’s useless.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

People have short memories regarding longer. He was rubbish last time he played and Marshall is a much better ruck. No point moving him forward if the ball is not going to go forward.

I'd drop Newnes and parker to start with. Newnes isn't damaging not is Seb Ross but can't drop the captain. Parker needs to get better and will at vfl level.

Special
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 10:40am People have short memories regarding longer. He was rubbish last time he played and Marshall is a much better ruck. No point moving him forward if the ball is not going to go forward.

I'd drop Newnes and parker to start with. Newnes isn't damaging not is Seb Ross but can't drop the captain. Parker needs to get better and will at vfl level.
Longer is completely useless and should not play for us again unless injury to Marshall forces us to.

saintadamski
Club Player

We all know Newnes needs to be dropped. (for many years now)
We all know that Hind and White are better players that finally need a chance, and an opportunity to grow and flourish
What we also know is that as long as Richo is at the helm, Newnes will be gifted AFL games week in and week out, while the others languish on the outer...

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

saintadamski wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 1:26pm We all know Newnes needs to be dropped. (for many years now)
We all know that Hind and White are better players that finally need a chance, and an opportunity to grow and flourish
What we also know is that as long as Richo is at the helm, Newnes will be gifted AFL games week in and week out, while the others languish on the outer...

It's not rocket science, Newnes is fit enough to run out a full game, whereas Acres, Gresham, Hunter Clark, Parker and plenty of others just don't have the tank.

It's just not feasible to carry too many that can't run out the game.

Josh Battle
Club Player

In: White, Joyce, and Clark

Out: Doesn't matter. Just get the blokes above into the team....oh alright....Ross, Newnes, Parker, or replace one of these with anyone else that has a sore ass from getting it belted for thier syhte form of late

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of rocket science, physicist professor PRoos said in a short space of time while seated on the couch words to the effect of a young inexperienced side will always get flogged; deep breath you should always pick the best 22 players available regardless of experience. I am not sure how he reconciles those thoughts other than assuming he assumes any best 22 will always contain a good proportion of experience. It might be that Newnesy gets a gig to fill the experience quota in the selection algorithm. He certainly has experienced a lot of good players run past, around, away from and over him. Kicked a good goal against the Dees a couple of years ago, but.

HighettMan
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 1:26pm We all know Newnes needs to be dropped. (for many years now)

Grow up

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
saintadamski
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 7:22pm

It's not rocket science, Newnes is fit enough to run out a full game, whereas Acres, Gresham, Hunter Clark, Parker and plenty of others just don't have the tank.

Well if all you need to do is run out a game (Not sure Newnes is the greatest exponent of that at all actually), how about we recruit the Kenyan marathon team....sure they aint that good at footy - but they'll be running till the final siren no doubt....

What a brilliant idea - running out the game no matter how crap you are...it's genius!

HighettMan
Club Player

Special wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 11:12am
DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 10:40am People have short memories regarding longer. He was rubbish last time he played and Marshall is a much better ruck. No point moving him forward if the ball is not going to go forward.

Longer is completely useless and should not play for us again unless injury to Marshall forces us to.
Useless hey, you would melt faster than a snowflake in the sun if you were given the opportunity to say that to the bloke in person.

HighettMan
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 8:38pm

Well if all you need to do is run out a game (Not sure Newnes is the greatest exponent of that at all actually), how about we recruit the Kenyan marathon team....sure they aint that good at footy - but they'll be running till the final siren no doubt....

What a brilliant idea - running out the game no matter how crap you are...it's genius!
So you've played the game before huh?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Make that just Murphy.

silverhalo
Club Player

Disagree.... I think Thomas staying in the side will help us.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Thomas is no good.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm hoping that we keep Parker, Gresh, Young in, and bring in Longy for this one. Carlton are going to absolutely throw the kitchen sink at us in this one, and I reckon we need to lock in a bit of X-Factor to set the Marvel Stadium alight Sunday. If just two of those guys get rockin' we will take some stoppin'! If three get rollin', Blue boys they be fallin'.

saintadamski
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 8:42pm

Only for about 30 years... give or take.

I also know that it's the players on the field that win or lose the game...not the bloody coach

HighettMan
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 10:55pm
HighettMan wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 8:42pm

Only for about 30 years... give or take.

I also know that it's the players on the field that win or lose the game...not the bloody coach
Nah I don't reckon, there is no way you could survive in a team and club environment for 3 days.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 10:39pm I'm hoping that we keep Parker, Gresh, Young in, and bring in Longy for this one. Carlton are going to absolutely throw the kitchen sink at us in this one, and I reckon we need to lock in a bit of X-Factor to set the Marvel Stadium alight Sunday. If just two of those guys get rockin' we will take some stoppin'! If three get rollin', Blue boys they be fallin'.
Agree, it's a backline that should be feasted upon, and we've got enough potential X factor there to make a real mess. But you're right, they have been baked by everyone this week, the media is all over them, they will keep coming at us even if they've nothing left but bloodied stumps...I hope we ensure that the case nice and early, and put them to death. Will we see Bolton Boltoff come Sunday...or will our Cho hit a new low? Mmmm...tantilising.