The Negatives!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Negatives!!!!!

Yep, I definitely played my part in being a naysayer over the off-season. I actually feel quite elated I have been proven wrong.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:14pm Yep, I definitely played my part in being a naysayer over the off-season. I actually feel quite elated I have been proven wrong.
I think you might agree with your tagline, then? Prettay, prettay, PRETTY GOOD!

Saint supporter since '62
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne will sack Goodwin and offer Rats a million a year to come over.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Gresham and Billings are yet to put pen to paper

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:38pm Melbourne will sack Goodwin and offer Rats a million a year to come over.
Nah, they'll just beg Paul Roos to come back until he caves in.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
Keep your eye on the rebuild and spew! :mrgreen:

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscella ... yrics.html
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:35pm
Sainternist wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:14pm Yep, I definitely played my part in being a naysayer over the off-season. I actually feel quite elated I have been proven wrong.
I think you might agree with your tagline, then? Prettay, prettay, PRETTY GOOD!
[media [/media]

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:10pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:11pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:04pm It is a shame that a win is used as an opportunity to spite forumites.

So far this season the club has exceeded my expectations... and I’m happy to see it. Do I think we’ve rectified all the problems from last year, no.

Have we reacted to them and made good changes that are paying off. Yes.

Why the spite
Yep, hard for some to just enjoy a win!

:)
How could you possibly be enjoying this win? You're whole stkilda identity is based around the saints losing
I was unhappy with the direction of the club over the entirety 2018... failed to address any of the glaringly obvious pitfalls from the season before.

I was satisfied with the off-season and whilst I’m certainly less convinced about our resurrection then many, I’ve certainly given my share of positive feedback where due.

Unfortunately, the narrative was made up that I want the coach to fail, that I want us to lose and of course the BS that the coach will be sacked in rd6 that 1 forumite suggested he’d heard and another has re-posted it repeatedly as something that the critical posters believe when they don’t.
None of those things are true and are just things perpetuated by one very spiteful forumite. And you’ve bought into it completely. Well done

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Mr 80% is not getting sacked in Rd 6.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:07pm Mr 80% is not getting sacked in Rd 6.
Who believed he was?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:Gresham and Billings are yet to put pen to paper
I’m thinking this start should help get these deals done. It won’t be for lack of $.

Always loyal
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:21pm
Scollop wrote:Gresham and Billings are yet to put pen to paper
I’m thinking this start should help get these deals done. It won’t be for lack of $.
So based on Hannabery's reputed pay how much do we offer these two?
!Surely no less than Hannabery!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:03pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:04pm It is a shame that a win is used as an opportunity to spite forumites.

So far this season the club has exceeded my expectations... and I’m happy to see it. Do I think we’ve rectified all the problems from last year, no.

Why the spite

How could you possibly be enjoying this win? You're whole stkilda identity is based around the saints losing
I was unhappy with the direction of the club over the entirety 2018... failed to address any of the glaringly obvious pitfalls from the season before.

I was satisfied with the off-season and whilst I’m certainly less convinced about our resurrection then many, I’ve certainly given my share of positive feedback where due.

Unfortunately, the narrative was made up that I want the coach to fail, that I want us to lose and of course the BS that the coach will be sacked in rd6 that 1 forumite suggested he’d heard and another has re-posted it repeatedly as something that the critical posters believe when they don’t.
None of those things are true and are just things perpetuated by one very spiteful forumite. And you’ve bought into it completely. Well done
Skeptic it's interesting you took umberidge whilst most other posters participated in the spirtit of the post.

So it is the second time in short succession I've been compelled to provide this honest feedback:

Skeptic what a load of delusional self serving BS from you.

You waged a sustained and relentless personal agenda against an individual behind the safety of an anonymous social media account which is cyber bullying. I expect you will continue to justify your motivation and execution on misguided reasoning and logic but the simple facts of the matter are you were being a cyber bully.

Oh and by the way your post on the rucks is a glaring example of your dinosaur views on the game.

To the true believers: WE ARE STICKING IT UP EM!!!

66Iwasthere
Club Player

The FOXTEL telecast:

1. The Demons Mutual Admiration Society consisting of Lyon and Roos, with new recruits McGuire and Russell, absolutely fawning over the Dees in the early part of the game.
2. The interview with Jack Viney coming off the ground at 1/2 was a shocker. Stumbled over his words and said they wouldn’t change a thing to their game plan as though they were well in control.
3. When AR was being interviewed in the rooms at 1/2 time they cut away to the Melbourne rooms.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 8:40pm Given inaccuracy has been a regular issue for the Saints, today’s score line is particularly enjoyable. 😇
This time the inaccuracy was there in the set shots.
Too many set shots on goal did not disturb the goal umpires.
But when you kick the ball from one metre out, as often as today, the stats are going to mislead.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saint-stu
Club Player

1. I still think we need one gun midfielder. Like Danger at Geelong or Dusty in their premiership year.
2. Read in twitter that Robbo was in tears after the game.
3. Still no respect from media and opposition supporters (actually I kind of like this!)
4. Gary Lyon commentating was absolutely painful in the first half. On and on about what Melbourne were doing wrong.
5. Our percentage isn't great. Geelong has fantastic percentage.

1ac46a38
periosaint
Club Player

1) Still haven't found my voice after losing it against the Mayblooms

2) Will be in QLD and will miss the Crows game

I promised my daughter a flag before she turns 5!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 7:48am

Why the spite

Skeptic it's interesting you took umberidge whilst most other posters participated in the spirtit of the post.

So it is the second time in short succession I've been compelled to provide this honest feedback:

You waged a sustained and relentless personal agenda against an individual behind the safety of an anonymous social media account which is cyber bullying. I expect you will continue to justify your motivation and execution on misguided reasoning and logic but the simple facts of the matter are you were being a cyber bully.

Oh and by the way your post on the rucks is a glaring example of your dinosaur views on the game.

Cairnsman with all due respect. I’ve never made anything personal. I just post my opinions which is kind of the point of a forum. Yes I don’t rate Richo...
I’ve never taken in a campaign to get him sacked, I’ve never insulted him personally... have posted heavily with the things he’s done over 12 months that have frustrated me.

You have opted to take it personally and more so you’ve made this personal. You make up this lie that I want us to lose... you take on this line that I only post when we lose. You’ve obsessively followed me around throwing insults for 3-4 months including that delightful PM you sent me attacking my character.

Since then, up until now I’ve opted to try and stay out of your way but I’ve taken the bait here. That’s on me.

Nonetheless, I have a right to an opinion and I post mine about this club respectfully even if it’s harsh at times. I’ve answered your questions when you asked them and have gone backwards forwards with you at times but enough is enough. Please stop with the attacks.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Ratten to North (I hope I’m wrong)

PADDLEPOP1000
portosaint
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:58am

Why the spite

Cairnsman with all due respect. I’ve never made anything personal. I just post my opinions which is kind of the point of a forum. Yes I don’t rate Richo...
I’ve never taken in a campaign to get him sacked, I’ve never insulted him personally... have posted heavily with the things he’s done over 12 months that have frustrated me.

You have opted to take it personally and more so you’ve made this personal. You make up this lie that I want us to lose... you take on this line that I only post when we lose. You’ve obsessively followed me around throwing insults for 3-4 months including that delightful PM you sent me attacking my character.

Since then, up until now I’ve opted to try and stay out of your way but I’ve taken the bait here. That’s on me.

Nonetheless, I have a right to an opinion and I post mine about this club respectfully even if it’s harsh at times. I’ve answered your questions when you asked them and have gone backwards forwards with you at times but enough is enough. Please stop with the attacks.
Comes across as cyber bullying to me

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Geary injured and gone for about a month

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:58pm

Why the spite

Cairnsman is the bully and not Skeptic if that’s what you mean.

Cairnsman is a big a hypocrite as they come.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Why the spite

As you have now respectfully and reasonably asked Cairnsman to stop, please report any further direct or inferred continuation of this ongoing dispute by him for assessment. Thanks.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Why the spite

Didn't read it. Said my piece.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I thought love was only true in fairy tales, Meant for someone else but not for me' Love was out to get me, That's the way it seemed, Disappointment haunted all of my dreams,Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer, Not a trace, of doubt in my mind, I'm in love, and I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried, No not if I tried, I thought love was more or less a giving thing, Seems the more I gave the less I got, What's the use in tryin', All you get is pain, When I needed sunshine I got rain. Monkeys 1966; Vocals: Mickey Ratts Dolenz; Davy Lades Jones; Peter Slats Tork; Written by Neil Leths Diamond.

portosaint
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:51pm

Why the spite

People in glass houses...

Shaggy
Club Player

portosaint wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 5:23pm
SaintPav wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 2:51pm

Why the spite

People in glass houses...
I am on Cairnman's side. He has taken alot of abuse defending Richo. That builds resentment.

Now we should all forgive and forget and just enjoy the present. We are on top of the ladder.