Billy Slater Tackling Practice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Billy Slater Tackling Practice

I also noticed this ...
"When it comes to tackle breaks in the NRL era, Slater is the undisputed king with a grand total of 1231 for his career, which puts him 108 clear of the next best, South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Greg Inglis."

He might be showing us how to break/evade tackles ... more so than make them?

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Can't teach genius, some people just have it. Billy the kid is one of the greats and if he was raised in Victoria would probably be a Brownlow winner. He is just that good so I don't worry to much about it. Pluslook at the grins they were just mucking around

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 9:33pm The World of Warcraft gang is back. Must be meet up night at the Moorabbin Public Library again.
I'm genuinely surprised that people don't just tell you to go and get f***ed.....

Not that I am suggesting you do that however (please note this mods). I personally couldn't care less if at some point you forget to breathe in again, but I am surprised you haven't (thus far at least) managed to extract that response from others...

I am reasonably sure that professional AFl players don't need you stalking public forums protecting their reputations and averting any perceived slight against their character, perhaps you could advise who died in order for you to inherit the role?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

So what do you think of Billy Slater being at the Saints?
Will he help improve our tackling?
Plus this is the only online forum I actually visit and are part of.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Technically he isn't a tackling coach he is a professionalism coach if that makes sense. Helping player reach their potential etc. But hard for him not to show the guys how to Lay tackles,

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 12:47pm Plus this is the only online forum I actually visit and are part of.
There is so much wrong with this sentence that it makes my eyes hurt just looking at it!

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Really? You tell me where I'm on another forum because I'm unaware of it.

Between work, family, friends, walking the dogs, outside interests, etc. I barely get another time to visit this joint.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 12:47pm So what do you think of Billy Slater being at the Saints?
Will he help improve our tackling?
Plus this is the only online forum I actually visit and are part of.
Interesting that we used John Donahue last year who also worked for 10 years on and off on contract with Storm amongst other NRL and AFL clubs.

JD is a beast of a human being, if he can't teach tackling and grappling its time to tray a non contact sport.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 18 Dec 2018 11:14am Really? You tell me where I'm on another forum because I'm unaware of it.

Between work, family, friends, walking the dogs, outside interests, etc. I barely get another time to visit this joint.
I never said you were on another forum. I commented on your sentence and its lack of correct use of the English language. As sentences go, I would describe yours as a deformed inbred lump that has dragged its expiring carcass from the murky depths of a fetid swamp and collapsed on our screens, expelling its last strained gasp before our very eyes.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep, coming from a bloke with a muppet dressed in drag in their username image.

What are you? The grammar and spelling Nazi on here. This whole forum is littered with mistakes on the grammar and spelling front. Its a forum, not an official government document.

What are your thoughts on Billy Slater?

Total = 1.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

I think he'll be pleased that you managed to spell his name correctly and use it in a properly constructed sentence.....

DJ Higgins
Club Player

True Believer wrote: Tue 18 Dec 2018 4:49pm I think he'll be pleased that you managed to spell his name correctly and use it in a properly constructed sentence.....
:lol: funny stuff

saintadamski
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 18 Dec 2018 1:32pm Yep, coming from a bloke with a muppet dressed in drag in their username image.

What are you? The grammar and spelling Nazi on here. This whole forum is littered with mistakes on the grammar and spelling front. Its a forum, not an official government document.

Saints jumper and scarf is drag?
I've been dressing in drag in public all these years?!

LMFAO

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 11:48am I also noticed this ...
"When it comes to tackle breaks in the NRL era, Slater is the undisputed king with a grand total of 1231 for his career, which puts him 108 clear of the next best, South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Greg Inglis."

He might be showing us how to break/evade tackles ... more so than make them?

Good pick-up. But I am sure he will be assisting in both breaking and making tackles in addition to his leadership training/mentoring role at the club..

You can see in the eyes and body language of our players that he has already been a great acquisition for us.

The StKFC get a HUGE tick from me for getting Billy to the club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Hats off to the club actually. Our off field additions have been very good.

Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 18 Dec 2018 1:32pm Yep, coming from a bloke with a muppet dressed in drag in their username image.

Priceless coming from a philistine who misappropriates Herodotus and the use of the term “Nazi”.

Winning.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Geez, you're a bit of a loser Mr Pav constantly coming up with personal attacks against me for no reason.
All good, World of Wacraft meet is on tomorrow night.
Warcraft Wednesdays isn't it?

Don't forget the soda and corn chips!

Stick to the topic thread or don't comment.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Wed 19 Dec 2018 9:18am, edited 3 times in total.

Total = 1.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

True Believer wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 12:30pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 9:33pm The World of Warcraft gang is back. Must be meet up night at the Moorabbin Public Library again.
I'm genuinely surprised that people don't just tell you to go and get f***ed.....

Not that I am suggesting you do that however (please note this mods)...
Travel advice on where to go, and what to do when one gets there.

And all within the edicts as laid down in Chairman Simon's little Red Book of Saintsational protocol.

Simon, can this post be stickied please?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 9:15am
samoht wrote: Mon 17 Dec 2018 9:08am
Dave McNamara wrote: Sat 15 Dec 2018 3:02pm
Why do we need to get a Billy Slater in to remind us to, you know... tackle???
Is it the 'comfortable and relaxed' attitude that evertonfc posted about? (As you'd no doubt agree, a typically quality post from him.)
Can Billy S turn this around?
Why wasn't the choach able to turn this around himself? (Aren't we paying him $500K-odd p.a. to stay on top of vital stuff like that...?)
Clearly, you must be asking yourself these sorts of questions too Ed. Are there any answers from your sources that you can share?
It's true that our tackling numbers have dropped away since 2015 ...
By the same token ...
Why did West Coast Eagles forget to tackle in 2018? Why did they adopt a comfortable and relaxed attitude?
West Coast Eagles were the 3rd lowest tackling team - they only averaged 61 tackles per game - about the same as us in 2018.
Great point.
Hi Sam, maybe that's something to do with Kevin Bartlett approach to defence?
Why should I worry about the defensive side of my game... when I've got the football.

Hi Ed. Whose good point are you agreeing with here? Must be mine (again). So thanks (again). :)

I say that, coz you couldn't possibly be agreeing with Sam. (Do you have in your impressive emoticon collection, a shaking head one that I could borrow to insert in here...?) I mean, how could you agree with Sam this time? Seeing as you've told us on many and effusive occasions, how Clive Palmer in a cake shop (or Pauline Hanson at a National Front meeting) hyper-ecstatic you are that we've got Billy Slater to our club... to sort out our players' tackles.

Even Paddy's...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Obviously Sahmot - Author of Fugitive Soldier.

Total = 1.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 19 Dec 2018 9:20am Obviously Sahmot - Author of Fugitive Soldier.
I wish. :(
Just the humble translator ... my uncle wrote the original in Greek (and what happened to your signature?) . :wink:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sidestepping is a little easier when you don't have to bounce every four steps or so and can just tuck the ball under the opposite arm and put the hammer down, of course, but its good practice to have to think smart when defending - e.g. trying to corral a player and/or restrict a player's dominant side was once. Paddy naturally can't win. He really shouldn't be primarily a tackler or be criticised about infrequent tackles as he is playing as the man to have with the ball and is often trying to get into a position to receive rather than stalk a defender - its hard when you are leading up and down and the passes go over, to the side, lob on your head or at yorker length, yet I have never seen Paddy not try or get overly cranky with the delivery, he seems to just get on with it. I don't think defensive pressure was why he was recruited. J. Lonie and players of his size should be allowed to tackle around the ankles, its the only realistic way they are going to stop big players. If JL gets a game the selectors have to factor in that he won't be putting too much physical pressure on, his role is probably more to spread the defence, make at least one defender nervous and accountable and hopefully snag a couple of serendipitous goals.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 18 Dec 2018 9:11pm Geez, you're a bit of a loser Mr Pav constantly coming up with personal attacks against me for no reason.
All good, World of Wacraft meet is on tomorrow night.
Warcraft Wednesdays isn't it?

Don't forget the soda and corn chips!

Stick to the topic thread or don't comment.
For no reason? Are you sure about that?

You’ve edited your idiotic post 3 times and you reckon I’m the loser. Wanna have another go?

BTW. Have you lost your day job or something because you sure do have heaps of time on your hands.

#winning

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Had to edit the post 3 times because the WOW pic kept disappearing.

Negative also. I'm busier than ever!

What do you think of Billy Slater at the Saints?

#tedisthebestchuckouttherest

Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm not real sure that Pav is a sox 'n sandles type of boy

i have a good imagination
but that ones a struggle

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.