Dan's done his homework

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Re: Dan's done his homework

BenLong#21 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:00pm I rate Seb Ross very highly.
He is a gun.
I think he dropped the bottom lip this season because he knows the coach is a complete joke.
I'd be keeping Seb Ross for sure.

Hannebery probably has positive intentions, but nobody - including him - knows how his body will hold up.

LOL. Disappointing to have so called saints supporters potting. Are you Con?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:26pm I don't like him already, he's too positive and it makes me suspicious and paranoid.
Late contender for post of the year

BenLong#21
Club Player

Shaggy wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:27pm
BenLong#21 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:00pm I rate Seb Ross very highly.
He is a gun.
I think he dropped the bottom lip this season because he knows the coach is a complete joke.
I'd be keeping Seb Ross for sure.

Hannebery probably has positive intentions, but nobody - including him - knows how his body will hold up.

LOL. Disappointing to have so called saints supporters potting. Are you Con?
Potting?
I just called Seb Ross a gun.
Who is Con?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:39pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:05pm Actually he can sit at the swans for the next 3 years at $800k because he has that contract already. He doesn’t have to be at the top of his game to make their side either because he has been picked even when half fit and injured because they rate him so highly. Think about it. He is already GUARANTEED $2.4 million at the Swans for the next 3 seasons. We will pay him $600-$650k for 3 seasons and Swans will pay the rest (relieves their salary cap issue) and we guarantee him an extra year at $800k for the 4th year and the 5th year is irrelevant unless he is performing. For 4 years we are paying $2.6 - $2.75 million so the average is less than $700k for a 3 x AA and 1 x CA winner for best player in the competition. We will lose a second rounder or a player but this is still a good deal. Every player has risk associated when recruited. They can do a knee or multiple knees. His injury is obviously manageable with rest which the Swans never gave him. Why? Because they valued him so much. Now they have to sacrifice one midfielder and it is Parker or Hannebery. Hannebery want to come home to Melbourne so we can benefit. If they decided to let Parker go we may not have got him as no doubt other teams had better connection.

Let’s hope the fresh start and some rest gets his body into shape and he can reach his full playing potential in 2019.
Can you confirm those figures that you have stated? How do you know what is in his contract at Sydney? So now he has been playing unfit and with an injury. What is the injury?

"The deal hasn't been done yet and nothing has been signed." They are his words.
Sources:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... e8c9dbe374

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/runnin ... 4zpd2.html

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
St Loxton
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:54pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 11:26pm I don't like him already, he's too positive and it makes me suspicious and paranoid.
Late contender for post of the year
Bahahaha. Early morning chuckle.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

:D

guitars4
Club Player

:wink:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I actually think Dan was scratching his head a little when trying to find incentives to join.

Unless I missed more, all I heard him mention was that St. Kilda was a young list that beat the Dees at the MCG.

Didn't smack me as a player who could see nothing but upsides.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
takeaway
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 11:25am I actually think Dan was scratching his head a little when trying to find incentives to join.

Unless I missed more, all I heard him mention was that St. Kilda was a young list that beat the Dees at the MCG.

Didn't see that at all. I thought the comments were well balanced, he even indicated that he really didn't see Saints in finals next year. Not all upside.

It was just a media event, I think Dan would have thought long and hard on pros/cons well before announcing Saints.

I guess different people see things in different ways, maybe due to attitudes.

StNoodles
Club Player

What about this quote for balance:

At the end of the day, there’s no guarantees I’ll get back to my best form,” he told AFL trade radio.

“They (Sydney) are doing what most smart and successful clubs do.”

Flagless
Club Player

BenLong#21 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 7:22pm What do you think he is going to say?

"Everyone thinks I am here for the money and it is true. Clearly I'm not here to win with this bunch of hacks."

Seriously look back to what Judd said in 2007.
Look at what Ablett said in 2010.

Straight out of press conference 101.

I'm looking fwd to a fresh start. New challenge. The list is young and exciting and on the way up.
Blah blah blah.

Means absolutely nothing.
At last someone who can see through the bull s***, he sees the saints as his supperanuation nest egg. Anyone who thinks hes going to be a star mid fielder for us, clearly hasnt watched his last 2 years- hes cooked and thats why Sydney arent putting up a fight to keep him. While the top clubs chase 25-26 year olds like Gaff and Shiel, we settle for other clubs dregs, until this approach changes nothing changes

takeaway
Club Player

Flagless wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 5:54pm

"Everyone thinks I am here for the money and it is true. Clearly I'm not here to win with this bunch of hacks."

I'm looking fwd to a fresh start. New challenge. The list is young and exciting and on the way up.
Blah blah blah.

At last someone who can see through the bull s***, he sees the saints as his supperanuation nest egg. Anyone who thinks hes going to be a star mid fielder for us, clearly hasnt watched his last 2 years- hes cooked and thats why Sydney arent putting up a fight to keep him. While the top clubs chase 25-26 year olds like Gaff and Shiel, we settle for other clubs dregs, until this approach changes nothing changes
Good to see there are a few peanuts lining up to get into Hannebery & the club as soon as he has an under 20 possession game next year. Will be entertaining. I thought we were chasing Shiel hard as well?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

elizabethr wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:48pm Methinks he is "gilding the lily "a bit.😏
His manager and the whole Hanneberry family put this story together to deflect

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Blah blah blah.

Not so. He's on 800 grand whether he stays at the swines or moves to Moorabbin.

BenLong#21
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 6:39pm

Blah blah blah.

We will give him more than 3 years. That is for sure.
Also you have no idea what is written in to his Swans contract. It might have more performance based clauses. If he doesnt get picked in the side that $ could drop substantially. He wont being getting $800k at the Swans if he is playing NEAFL.

chico2001
Club Player

BenLong#21 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 8:10pm

Blah blah blah.

Also you have no idea what is written in to his Swans contract. It might have more performance based clauses. If he doesnt get picked in the side that $ could drop substantially. He wont being getting $800k at the Swans if he is playing NEAFL.

Funny how ITK's have an almost certainty about what hannebery is on at The Sydney swans and that regardless of injury, form or behaviour he stills gets $800k a year if he stays. Have asked once already how people know these details...short answer they dont unless they have seen his contract............have you?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 3:04pm What about this quote for balance:

At the end of the day, there’s no guarantees I’ll get back to my best form,” he told AFL trade radio.

“They (Sydney) are doing what most smart and successful clubs do.”
OMG!!!

What he’s really trying to say:

”I’m basically cooked”.

”They (St Kilda) are not a smart and successful club”.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Dan is fastidious when it comes to his analysis of the game. Take heed of what he says.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 12:32pm
SydneySainter wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 11:25am I actually think Dan was scratching his head a little when trying to find incentives to join.

Didn't see that at all. I thought the comments were well balanced, he even indicated that he really didn't see Saints in finals next year. Not all upside.

It was just a media event, I think Dan would have thought long and hard on pros/cons well before announcing Saints.

I guess different people see things in different ways, maybe due to attitudes.
Plus he said Moorabbin was only 10 minutes drive from Elwood.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 8:37pm

Blah blah blah.

Funny how ITK's have an almost certainty about what hannebery is on at The Sydney swans and that regardless of injury, form or behaviour he stills gets $800k a year if he stays. Have asked once already how people know these details...short answer they dont unless they have seen his contract............have you?
The real question, given that we’re picking him up, is whether we are prepared to pay his full salary if he doesn’t, for whatever reason (say a recurrence of his OP) play regularly. You would hope that the answer is no.
I haven’t seen Hannebery’s contract but I have seen a fair few player contracts. You’d be surprised how many of the top end players, negotiating from a position of strength, only have additional incentive payments for b&f’s, making finals etc, as opposed to injury discounting, in their remuneration based clauses. Hannebery had the whip hand when his contract was negotiated.

chico2001
Club Player

Hemi Baxter wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 10:48pm

Blah blah blah.

The real question, given that we’re picking him up, is whether we are prepared to pay his full salary if he doesn’t, for whatever reason (say a recurrence of his OP) play regularly. You would hope that the answer is no.
I haven’t seen Hannebery’s contract but I have seen a fair few player contracts. You’d be surprised how many of the top end players, negotiating from a position of strength, only have additional incentive payments for b&f’s, making finals etc, as opposed to injury discounting, in their remuneration based clauses. Hannebery had the whip hand when his contract was negotiated.
Yes, I believe he did. So does he have the whip hand with the saints then in current negotiations?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 10:34pm Dan is fastidious when it comes to his analysis of the game. Take heed of what he says.
Get f***ed parkey you ridiculous <edited by mods>

<warning for abuse>

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hehehehehehehe

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 11:15pm
Hemi Baxter wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 10:48pm

Blah blah blah.

Yes, I believe he did. So does he have the whip hand with the saints then in current negotiations?
Good question! I do get some decent mail from time to time from player manager mates but I don’t know anything about the detail of his proposed contract with us. Arguably only the broad parameters would have been negotiated at this stage. I’d be surprised though if this contract wasn’t more like the standard player contract which includes injury payments for games missed and effectively discounts the annual salary in that case. After all he has had some significant injuries.

chico2001
Club Player

There would have to be performance based measures in his contract regardless of where he plays. I have seen a couple of contracts where the player had to achieve certain things to get his full salary as opposed to his base salary e.g top 10 in B&F then discounts will apply. But I suppose it is how his manager negotiates for him. Different for a topline player compared to a half back flank trundler in a lower side as well.