Is Richo’s fate in the hands of Riewoldt?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Richo’s fate in the hands of Riewoldt?

BackFromUSA wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 9:55pm
Cairnsman wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 9:47pm The new prez is pretty clear. Richo is the coach in 2019.

New Saints president meets under-fire Richo - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-03/new ... ire-richo-
He isn't president yet
Don't think it matters. It would make a fool of him and the club if it was to happen. Summers is essentially in caretaker mode.

It would undermine Lethlean. The club would unravel if they sack him now and far greater than if they stay the coarse and see how Richo goes for the early part of 2019. He would clearly struggle to hang on if it turns pair shaped early.

Sacking him now would make the club a laughing stock, and the big question would be what has changed in the days only shortly after the review process has been completed and a new prez has backed the coach. The club would be rocked to its core.

He will be coach for 2019 and even Richo would be acutely aware he probably only has until round 6. But I'm 99% certain it won't happen sooner.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Tue 04 Sep 2018 10:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If Richo is straight he and Pres elect have only just met. Pres Elect would have the club brief to work with and the party line to follow till Dec but would be forming his own opinion based on the meeting and future first hand experience. I reckon just like oils ain't oils, 100% is not 100%. Mr Basset knows we cannot afford another season like 2018 and will be taking risk management steps.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 6:10pm
Teflon wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 2:53pm
Cairnsman wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 12:51pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 11:43pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 10:22pm I can say with 99% certainty Richo will be coach in 2019.
Report ? Info ? Where u hearing this from ?
Or opinion ...
I have applied some mathematics to the statements being made by club officials as reported in the media to be able to make a 100% factually correct claim.
Flawed logic.
Applying mathematical statements and logic to anything to do with St Kilda FC is dangerous. For example; senior coach, 5 years to do something, 33% win record = 2 yr extension at St Kilda........doesn't work.
Besides, I'm still reading he's not safe - 2 are protecting him hard and 1 of them is going with the other to fall on his sword if Alan does.
If the above is true - these 2 Muppets are holding our club to ransom and another 12 months of waste to cover their corporate asses and ought to hang their heads.
Maths never lies. The new prez says a change of coach is highly unlikely. Lethlean says he aint going anywhere. They've recruited 2 new assistants for him. Richo is the coach for 2019

Isn't it time to accept it?
There’s no maths in that
It might be time to accept you’re a bit of a d!ck?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

For those who like maths or others suggesting he ought to stay......just think on the below performance....

Since round 17 2017 we are 6W-1D-L22. Percentage around 70.

Enough evidence
IF Finnis is refusing to play ball and agree he goes it is ONLY to protect Finnis and NOT for the benefit of the St Kilda FC
We are not his career play thing
He ought to go as well and soon.

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

My issue is what if we win games early (maybe an easier draw) but we still don't make finals. What happens then? Do the players (and us) still have to listen to Mr Vanilla drone on and on for another bloody year? God I hope not.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:22pm My issue is what if we win games early (maybe an easier draw) but we still don't make finals. What happens then? Do the players (and us) still have to listen to Mr Vanilla drone on and on for another bloody year? God I hope not.
Kidding yourself if you think we’ll play finals next year even with an easier draw, unless of course we land some real big names because as it stands our list is only marginally better than Carlton Carlton and Gold Coast.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

ARs Fate may be in the hands of any two of J. Bruce, P. McCartin, R. Marshall and J. Battle. We need a couple of competent key forwards to built a game style on. Unfortunately history shows a player rarely if ever comes back from a broken leg and Josh Br also has worrying back issues. Only a supreme optimist (i.e. all of us) would seriously think Paddy is going to make a consistent go of it, just can't get sufficiently fit and possibly as a consequence gets injured often so no reliable continuity. Marshall looks damn good to me and full of star quality. Battle is a player however I worry about his concussions and broken eye socket injuries as to their cumulative effects and the fact there has been no prognosis released by the club about him (?) or statement about his current health. It would be impossibly cruel if Josh Ba couldn't come back better and stronger. Two JBs running around the forward line in form would be a treat to watch.

chico2001
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 8:21am ARs Fate may be in the hands of any two of J. Bruce, P. McCartin, R. Marshall and J. Battle. We need a couple of competent key forwards to built a game style on. Unfortunately history shows a player rarely if ever comes back from a broken leg and Josh Br also has worrying back issues. Only a supreme optimist (i.e. all of us) would seriously think Paddy is going to make a consistent go of it, just can't get sufficiently fit and possibly as a consequence gets injured often so no reliable continuity. Marshall looks damn good to me and full of star quality. Battle is a player however I worry about his concussions and broken eye socket injuries as to their cumulative effects and the fact there has been no prognosis released by the club about him (?) or statement about his current health. It would be impossibly cruel if Josh Ba couldn't come back better and stronger. Two JBs running around the forward line in form would be a treat to watch.
Some good points there. Need every player fit and firing and still wont make the finals even if we get an easy draw. Forward line wont function all that well with Mcartin, membrey and co. Hope Bruce makes it back but if history is the judge he may struggle and Marshalll/Battle are green as grass. Membrey would have to kick 50,Gresham 40 and Billings & the rest 20 each. Percentage was poor this year , leaked goals and could not kicked them as well. Will have to improve 250% to nudge the 8. 2020 beckons but who is going to get us there? If AR gets us to 10th in 2019 which should be the minimum target,what happens then?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It’s in hands of Finnis

“Yeah….nah””