Sharks are Circling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sharks are Circling

freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:29pm Yes of course - most people wouldn't have even noticed!
I suppose it's becoming clearer to me now why the board have to be sacked and why Jack Billings father isn't happy.

But seriously has anyone heard about Richo bemoaning our resources?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

as always eternally grateful for corridor/water cooler itk info due to obvious geographic reasons
but I have a question

I dont know Lethlean, only what has been written and reported here and to be honest probably wouldn't want to meet him
Accordingly by most accounts he has come to us a kind of guru successful operator with track record
HE got quickly shunted to us as a demotion which he obviously felt that was beneath him, and we had to quickly find a place to fit him in.
NOW as the OP forecasts there is going to be some kind of massive shape up admin wise surely just surely you give this guy the biggest job in the place and let him have a free hand.
Because as I see it - turning round the mess that is StKFC is a bigger task than running the AFL

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:35pm
sunsaint wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:33pm
freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:13pm No a couple of the disabled toilets ffs
so a couple of unisex toilets - were converted to rainbow unisex toilets -
oh the humanity the world is turning to pot ( yes deliberate reference there)
If you look at the video and the signage, it was a tad more than that.
All the toilets in our area on Lvl 2 were transformed into 'unisex' toilets.
I don't know if that was consistent in the rest of the stadium but am assuming it was.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

so they took out the disabled toilets and change tables?
and you didnt personally have a look?
...any way back to the OP as its not even worth another

Seeya
freely
SS Hall of Fame

They took 5 blocks that used to be for the disabled and made them "all-gender" toilets.

Other loos - including the ones Mr magic must be referring to - were not unisex. There was signage to say that you should use the toilet you felt "comfortable" to use. This was not a free-for-all, this was allowing transvestites and intrasex people (and yes, it's not oh you've either got tits or a c**k actually) know that they wouldn't be made to feel like pariahs just because they needed to use the toilet.

Get a grip people - this is a good thing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:50pm
so they took out the disabled toilets and change tables?
and you didnt personally have a look?
...any way back to the OP as its not even worth another
It was all the toilets. Read Mr Magic's post.

The subject has been done to death.

AFAIC, the only ones supporting the move are the guys who can't wait to drop their tackle out in front of a dunny filled with the opposite sex.

I think I made my position clear a couple of days ago.

By all means make the disabled toilets unisex. But all of the toilets? Really.....

You in favour of allowing men to stroll into what was formally a female only toilet?

Some people are so far out of touch with reality.

I am sure gender benders have been going to the toilet of their choice for more years than we can count.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:58pm They took 5 blocks that used to be for the disabled and made them "all-gender" toilets.

Other loos - including the ones Mr magic must be referring to - were not unisex. There was signage to say that you should use the toilet you felt "comfortable" to use. This was not a free-for-all, this was allowing transvestites and intrasex people (and yes, it's not oh you've either got tits or a c**k actually) know that they wouldn't be made to feel like pariahs just because they needed to use the toilet.

That to my mind is an open invitation to a pervert to enter the female toilets.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 4:02pm
freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:58pm They took 5 blocks that used to be for the disabled and made them "all-gender" toilets.

And unfortunately, that's exactly where the problem is - in your mind.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

s***!

See sig below.

I need a drink

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So is the toilet issue what the OP was referring to when he claimed Richo was bemoaning a lack of resources. 8-)
Last edited by Cairnsman on Wed 13 Jun 2018 4:47pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

And yeah it is a good thing Freely. Good on the club for being progressive.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 4:19pm

Rubbish, I worked in the criminal justice system for over 40 years. I have no illusions about my fellow man

I have no objections to single cubicle lockable unisex toilets but to make the usual toilets that you find at football grounds open to all,is plainly not acceptable to most right minded people.

And you can keep your insults to yourself.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
Outside of that its a mess.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

I love the ITK posts, regardless of whether or not they're verifiable. They're easily the most interesting stuff on this site.

However to play devil's advocate on this one (but also to seek clarity/context)...

- Graeme must be a fast operator! Jack was only dropped 5 or 6 days ago wasn't he? And he's already shopping him around?? I used to work with him by the way, and he's a fantastic bloke FWIW (and to name drop a bit!).

- The club increases football dept. by $2m in 2017. So granted I'd doubt he'd be bragging about the resources at his disposal compared to other clubs - but it could be worse! And was worse in his first 2 years at the club.

- The talk is that this draft is thin after the first round. They're saying (spoke about it on SEN yesterday actually) that the top 4 or 5 are 'super draft' stuff, but it thins out pretty quickly after that.

The rest you've spoken about is a shot at the CEO. Not the board. Obviously they appoint the CEO, and map out the strategy for him to execute. The strategy was very much a footy focused strategy, as well as a cultural one. But heavily focused on footy. So not sure why there's the perception that we've moved away from the core business of football?

Clearly we haven't achieved the goals set out by the Board in relation to on-field - but unless Finnis has failed in the off-field strategy then I can't really quite see where this 'mess' is that people talk about.

One final thing, even though I'm not and have never been a Finnis fan (not that I know him at all) - I find this line interesting...

"he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff."

On one hand, we want people sacked and everyone is cracking the s***s about how the joint is in crisis and it's underachieving.....but then staff at the same underperforming club are upset because the CEO is mean to them? Kind of ironic.

I guess that's the thing with footy clubs, you won't please everyone. I've read dozens of posts calling for ruthless people to take over the club who make big calls and tell it how it is - but our current CEO does it and he's got to go!

Saintly66
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 5:20pm
Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

I love the ITK posts, regardless of whether or not they're verifiable. They're easily the most interesting stuff on this site.

However to play devil's advocate on this one (but also to seek clarity/context)...

- Graeme must be a fast operator! Jack was only dropped 5 or 6 days ago wasn't he? And he's already shopping him around?? I used to work with him by the way, and he's a fantastic bloke FWIW (and to name drop a bit!).

- The club increases football dept. by $2m in 2017. So granted I'd doubt he'd be bragging about the resources at his disposal compared to other clubs - but it could be worse! And was worse in his first 2 years at the club.

- The talk is that this draft is thin after the first round. They're saying (spoke about it on SEN yesterday actually) that the top 4 or 5 are 'super draft' stuff, but it thins out pretty quickly after that.

The rest you've spoken about is a shot at the CEO. Not the board. Obviously they appoint the CEO, and map out the strategy for him to execute. The strategy was very much a footy focused strategy, as well as a cultural one. But heavily focused on footy. So not sure why there's the perception that we've moved away from the core business of football?

Clearly we haven't achieved the goals set out by the Board in relation to on-field - but unless Finnis has failed in the off-field strategy then I can't really quite see where this 'mess' is that people talk about.

One final thing, even though I'm not and have never been a Finnis fan (not that I know him at all) - I find this line interesting...

"he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff."

On one hand, we want people sacked and everyone is cracking the s***s about how the joint is in crisis and it's underachieving.....but then staff at the same underperforming club are upset because the CEO is mean to them? Kind of ironic.

I guess that's the thing with footy clubs, you won't please everyone. I've read dozens of posts calling for ruthless people to take over the club who make big calls and tell it how it is - but our current CEO does it and he's got to go!
Funny isn’t it, after every draft they say the next will be a super draft then during the season they say it really isn’t. It’s like ground hog day 8-)

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

The Superdraft of this year is looking to be an overexcited delusion. Already the experts are backing off and modifying that assessment. Now its only the Top 20 that are supposed to be really good.

Perhaps last year was the superdraft, every single one of the Top 10 have played all games or at least regularly. When was the last time you saw that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 5:07pm

Rubbish, I worked in the criminal justice system for over 40 years. I have no illusions about my fellow man

I have no objections to single cubicle lockable unisex toilets but to make the usual toilets that you find at football grounds open to all,is plainly not acceptable to most right minded people.

My apologies in advance for being persistent in my curiosity, but was the toilet reassignment applied to every toilet at the ground? Freely seems to be confirming what would be the common sense approach by the club.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think you just strawmaned Vazelos on the last point about interference on the football the side of things.

Two appointments which we all find concerning are Jaime Cox and Danny Sexton. Then there was the appointment of Peta Searle.

Also, it's the executive team’s job to formulate and implement the strategy. It’s the boards job to approve and oversee it, but not to develop it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vazelos
Club Player

You used to work with the guy so that means what? You track his phone calls? You would obviously know he is a mad Bombers man and is involved in a coterie. Do you recall Essendon interest awhile ago? Coincidence... don’t think so and like most Bomber people they don’t rate our club so it’s a strong possibility he shares the same view.

Agreed that could be AR excuses like many other failing coaches. Didn’t say I agreed with what he said.

I talk to employed recruiting people at AFL clubs
and that’s not the mail I am getting so not sure who you talk to because that from my facts is way off the mark.

I could go on about board members from other codes pushing high performance programs a few years ago, how do you think that is travelling?
The board make the appointments. Recruiting is poor, player development is poor and results are disgraceful.

“ Mean”?!!! That sounds like a schoolgirl talking about a bitchy friend.
When you empower people there are processes when they head departments and Finnis like most lawyers in football clubs start thinking they know the game better than they actually do. He is meddling more than he should be from what I hear whether that is right or wrong the fact is it’s not a happy place.

You may be right but I notice you didn’t comment on the Cox appointment ( a cricket guy) which was a big mistake by Finnis..
I have not worked with Finnis so can’t comment myself but enough Political correctness and enough simple when you are losing games...
Front page herald sun for all the wrong reasons...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:39pm

Important question for Vazelos; Do you know who owns the decision for the gender neutral toilets and could you please enlighten us?

My interest is that i dont believe its the clubs role nor do they have a mandate to push political agendas upon its members.
No problem with the GAy inclusion thing, but it starts getting derailed with the other stuff. Personally i think it does the gay community more harm than good..
So i would like to know who is the person that wants to use my football club as a vehicle to push this type of agenda?
I wont be attending the same round next year.
A very good question the politically correct would not ask
I too am comfortable to have he brand of my footy club associated with a good pride cause
Going to extremes to satisfy an infinitesimal minority is using the brand as a political whipping toy (oh the irony...) and I’m not interested in that.
It’s actually not even the cause it’s the way these matters are used purely for political gain I object too
Finnis written all over this I would suggest

“Yeah….nah””
Gershwin
Club Player

Our 2018 3rd round pick was traded to Port Adelaide for Logan Austin. Don't have a problem with that. Plus we got Port Adelaide's 2018 4th round pick.

Our 2018 2nd round pick was traded for 2017 pick 35 which got us Oscar Clavarino. I don't have a problem with that either.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Did we give De Goey and Brayshaw a psyche test? Did they figure at all in the discussions for the number 1 pick or was it Petracca Vs McCartin only?

SuperDuper
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 8:46pm Did we give De Goey and Brayshaw a psyche test? Did they figure at all in the discussions for the number 1 pick or was it Petracca Vs McCartin only?
Psych tests are voodoo. But it fits into our recruiting which seems to also involve reading tealeaves and throwing darts.

typical of having moron middle management business men who know nothing, coming in and bringing business "best practice" as though that is a good thing ... bad luck that they are myths perpetuated by morons within the business community.

just embarrassing and no wonder we are s%^t

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I won't go on and on about this - but that was not meant to be an insult. The fact is that there was no problem with perverts infiltrating the women's toilets. All that happened was that people who are traditionally marginalised were made to feel welcome. That's what I meant by the problem being in your mind. The women's toilets, by the way, are all single lockable cubicles, completely private from one another.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 9:26pm

I won't go on and on about this - but that was not meant to be an insult. The fact is that there was no problem with perverts infiltrating the women's toilets. All that happened was that people who are traditionally marginalised were made to feel welcome. That's what I meant by the problem being in your mind. The women's toilets, by the way, are all single lockable cubicles, completely private from one another.
Been inside have you?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 5:54pm

My apologies in advance for being persistent in my curiosity, but was the toilet reassignment applied to every toilet at the ground? Freely seems to be confirming what would be the common sense approach by the club.
I used a "men's" toilet on Level 1 when i got there and then later in the night i used a "men's" toilet on Level 2. They were both normal men's toilets, they were definitely not Unisex, only men were using these facilities when i was urinating. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?