Selfie with Joffa ???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Selfie with Joffa ???

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:03pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:37pm When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

At Filth park, the Pies supporters would spit at us.

Tho only photo I would want taken with that rednecked bogan would be if he was lying face up in an open coffin.
What a sad, bitter, thing to say about another person. Still hanging on to bad memories.
You didn't grow up in this country travelling to filth park as a child. I did. I don't expect you to understand the depth of my hatred.

You know the saying " I wouldn't be seen dead with him"? Well, I just modified it a bit.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:12pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:37pm When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

Tho only photo I would want taken with that rednecked bogan would be if he was lying face up in an open coffin.
Sheesh - generalisation much? What's Joffa personally done to you?

As a card carry Saints member of 35+ years who spent many a long winter afternoon at Vic Park with their vile supporters - I have some empathy for your sentiment.

Having said that ... have you actually met and/or spoken with Joffa? I have the pleasure of doing some fundraising work with the homeless and we asked Jeff Corfe (aka Joffa) to come and speak at a lunch we held. To say it was moving was to greatly understate matters. A quite humble and shy man in private who experienced more adversity in his formative years than most would in their entire life. He is pretty selfless in his work with the underprivileged and to smear his character just because he supports the filth is pretty low. He was moved to tears when someone bid a couple of hundred for a signed copy of his book because that money was going directly into the food tin at a domestic violence refuge later that night.

So - perhaps go a buy a copy of this - - have a read and then comment. At least then you'll be able to comment from a position of knowledge rather than ignorance.

Filth supporting "rednecked bogan" or not - credit where credit is due - I've most certainly met worse human beings.
Well said!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:22pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:15pm

As a card carry Saints member of 35+ years who spent many a long winter afternoon at Vic Park with their vile supporters - I have some empathy for your sentiment.

Having said that ... have you actually met and/or spoken with Joffa? I have the pleasure of doing some fundraising work with the homeless and we asked Jeff Corfe (aka Joffa) to come and speak at a lunch we held. To say it was moving was to greatly understate matters. A quite humble and shy man in private who experienced more adversity in his formative years than most would in their entire life. He is pretty selfless in his work with the underprivileged and to smear his character just because he supports the filth is pretty low. He was moved to tears when someone bid a couple of hundred for a signed copy of his book because that money was going directly into the food tin at a domestic violence refuge later that night.

So - perhaps go a buy a copy of this - - have a read and then comment. At least then you'll be able to comment from a position of knowledge rather than ignorance.

Filth supporting "rednecked bogan" or not - credit where credit is due - I've most certainly met worse human beings.
Each to their own. I have no wish to mix with filth supporters or to read anything associated with said filth.
That's a pretty passive stance from someone who was really happy to smear a person's otherwise good character by way of a gross generalisation. Makes sense.
Well said!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I share similar feelings to Saynta , I have friends who follow the Skunks so I try not to generalize having said that, apart from my friends I find skunks supporters the worst in the league.
Does anyone remember the skunk cheersquad spitting at players? (caught on camera and Joffa in frame) , why did Winmar lift his jumper ? I could tell many stories of these ar$eholes hunting in packs and beating up Saint supporters over the years.
I hate them with a passion and no goody goody on here will change my mind.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:28pm

Each to their own. I have no wish to mix with filth supporters or to read anything associated with said filth.
That's a pretty passive stance from someone who was really happy to smear a person's otherwise good character by way of a gross generalisation. Makes sense.
Well said!
C'mon Jigster, You guys from England know all about hatreds.

I just watched "Gunpowder"

Al least I am not hanging some poor bastard, then ripping his guts out before chopping off various bits.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 23 May 2018 6:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:14pm

What a sad, bitter, thing to say about another person. Still hanging on to bad memories.
You didn't grow up in this country travelling to filth park as a child. I did. I don't expect you to understand the depth of my hatred.

You know the saying " I wouldn't be seen dead with him"? Well, I just modified it a bit.
Here we go again..... :roll: the good old ( and somewhat tired) “you didn’t grow up in this country” stuff to “back up” a fairly twisted view on what it is to follow and support a football club. :roll: :roll: :roll:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:30pm I share similar feelings to Saynta , I have friends who follow the Skunks so I try not to generalize having said that, apart from my friends I find skunks supporters the worst in the league.
Does anyone remember the skunk cheersquad spitting at players? (caught on camera and Joffa in frame) , why did Winmar lift his jumper ? I could tell many stories of these ar$eholes hunting in packs and beating up Saint supporters over the years.
Then you have my sympathy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:33pm

Here we go again..... :roll: the good old ( and somewhat tired) “you didn’t grow up in this country” stuff to “back up” a fairly twisted view on what it is to follow and support a football club. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Twisted? Football is a religion to me, again something you wouldn't understand.

Collingwood supporters despise the Saints. They call us the Aints
Last edited by saynta on Wed 23 May 2018 6:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:31pm

Well said!

Al least I am not hanging some poor bastard, then ripping his guts out before chopping off various bits.
“Gunpowder” to back up your point? REALLY? :roll: “knowing all about hatreds” doesn’t translate into INDULGING in them

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:38pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:31pm

Well said!

“Gunpowder” to back up your point? REALLY? :roll: “knowing all about hatreds” doesn’t translate into INDULGING in them
Who is indulging in them? Not me, unlike your ancestors.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Charming, you are a real gentleman saynta!

Hang on to much bitterness and hate?
No wonder you have been banned from this forum with that level of built up resentment and hate, hard to control that anger!

Joffa happens to be involved in many charitable organisations, some of which I also support.
I have crossed his path on a few occasions and on each time have found him personally to be quite different to his public Collingwood persona and a pleasant human being.

The only thing I have ever heard him be negative about is umpiring and how the whole fraternity of umpires are against the club he supports passionately.

Wow, I wonder which member of this forum that mostly resembles Joffa?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:36pm

“Football is a religion to me, again something you wouldn’t understand”

PLEASE! You’re beginning to look silly mate, :roll: :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:42pm

I had to thank you mate for your post. Coming from someone who dresses up like you to go to the footy, calling me silly gave me a real belly laugh. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:34pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:30pm I share similar feelings to Saynta , I have friends who follow the Skunks so I try not to generalize having said that, apart from my friends I find skunks supporters the worst in the league.
Jiggs I don't want or need your sympathy, I'm quite comfortable where I'm at in the scheme of things but thanks anyway. Maybe if you had experienced what I have you may think similarly.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:41pm

No wonder you have been banned from this forum with that level of built up resentment and hate, hard to control that anger!

Joffa happens to be involved in many charitable organisations, some of which I also support.
I have crossed his path on a few occasions and on each time have found him personally to be quite different to his public Collingwood persona and a pleasant human being.

The only thing I have ever heard him be negative about is umpiring and how the whole fraternity of umpires are against the club he supports passionately.

Good points about Jeff Corfe.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Image This image sticks in my mind...a bogan with firearms....hmmmm

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:45pm

I had to thank you mate for your post. Coming from someone who dresses up like you to go to the footy, calling me silly gave me a real belly laugh. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:?: :shock: :?: “coming from someone who dresses up like you to go to the footy, calling me silly gave me a real belly laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate, what ARE you drinking/smoking?? :lol: :lol: :lol: I “dress to go to the footy” in jeans, tee shirt, Saints jumper a Saints showerproof jacket and a Saints scarf. I don’t quite know how to tell you this........ but there’s around another 15-20k others who dress exactly in the same way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now MY turn for a belly laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:41pm

I don't normally reply to you and I don't ever intend to in the future, but your lies are insulting.

I have never been banned from this site. never. Years ago I copped a couple of suspensions for arguing with forum trash, but I repeat i have never been banned under this nic or any other.

Don't take my word for it you other readers, just ask Back from USA.

Keep repeating your lies and I will report you post as bullying and/or baiting

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 7:06pm

:?: :shock: :?: “coming from someone who dresses up like you to go to the footy, calling me silly gave me a real belly laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate, what ARE you drinking/smoking?? :lol: :lol: :lol: I “dress to go to the footy” in jeans, tee shirt, Saints jumper a Saints showerproof jacket and a Saints scarf. I don’t quite know how to tell you this........ but there’s around another 15-20k others who dress exactly in the same way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now MY turn for a belly laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Give it a rest mate. I love your posts and your passion, but this thread has run its course and has become boring.

ps. i have seen you and your funny little hat at the footy. Have even spoken to you.

And i don't drink, smoke or take drugs.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:52pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:34pm
Jiggs I don't want or need your sympathy, I'm quite comfortable where I'm at in the scheme of things but thanks anyway. Maybe if you had experienced what I have you may think similarly.
Glad you’re “quite comfortable where I’m at in the scheme of things” mate. Let’s “agree to disagree” on this issue then. Have a great evening! Go Saints!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 7:13pm

Give it a rest mate. I love your posts and your passion, but this thread has run its course and has become boring.

ps. i have seen you and your funny little hat at the footy. Have even spoken to you.

Glad to “give it a rest” mate. Let’s “ agree to disagree “ and get on with supporting the Saints in our own ways. Have a good one! Go Saints!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 7:20pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 7:13pm

Glad to “give it a rest” mate. Let’s “ agree to disagree “ and get on with supporting the Saints in our own ways. Have a good one! Go Saints!
Yep.Go saints.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Word on the street is Joffa is the mastermind behind the grand AFL conspiracy against the Saints, so understandably saynta isn’t a fan of his ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 8:16pm Word on the street is Joffa is the mastermind behind the grand AFL conspiracy against the Saints, so understandably saynta isn’t a fan of his ;)
They certainly have a fair bit in common, I'm thinking Saynta is our version of Joffa.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Some of you youngins have never been hit on the back of the head with a half full stubby.
Them were the days...

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post