What is more important for St Kilda?????????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ListManager
Club Player

Re: What is more important for St Kilda?????????

citywest wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2017 2:32pm Rooey and Joey playing in 2018 OR St Kilda's second premiership? We will all find out in about 3 and a half months or earlier maybe!!??

Both players have been champions for the Saints no doubt. They both took us to within a poofteenth of winning 2 premierships. A little bit of lady luck was all that was needed. But their time is up I'm afraid IMHO of course. I'm hoping that they will both come out together in the next 4 weeks and say they will both retire at the end of this season.

Next year with both gone we can start blooding Rice and Freeman to name just 2 and it will give us the opportunity to go and grab at least 1 if not 2 gun Free Agents. (Rockliff and Martin would be nice).

Please discuss.

<Warning for trolling as you have already expressed this opinion in one or more thread and had already received responses and starting a new thread with the same unpopular opinion is only designed to inflame the community>
It looks like Chitty Pest was thinking the same way as the Saints. In the end St Kilda did let both go. The irony is that he or she got a warning from the Mods. 😨😀😆

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

surviving

asiu
Saintsational Legend

laughing

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Thu 06 Dec 2018 5:39pm
citywest wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2017 2:32pm Rooey and Joey playing in 2018 OR St Kilda's second premiership? We will all find out in about 3 and a half months or earlier maybe!!??

Both players have been champions for the Saints no doubt. They both took us to within a poofteenth of winning 2 premierships. A little bit of lady luck was all that was needed. But their time is up I'm afraid IMHO of course. I'm hoping that they will both come out together in the next 4 weeks and say they will both retire at the end of this season.

Next year with both gone we can start blooding Rice and Freeman to name just 2 and it will give us the opportunity to go and grab at least 1 if not 2 gun Free Agents. (Rockliff and Martin would be nice).

Please discuss.

<Warning for trolling as you have already expressed this opinion in one or more thread and had already received responses and starting a new thread with the same unpopular opinion is only designed to inflame the community>
It looks like Chitty Pest was thinking the same way as the Saints. In the end St Kilda did let both go. The irony is that he or she got a warning from the Mods. 😨😀😆
You’re actually sticking up for yourself under a different nick and misrepresenting the topic? The warning/ban was for spamming the board with the same message over and over again.., much like you do now.
Trade good players for high draft picks... trade high draft picks for more lower picks. Over and over again. We get it.

Have some self-respect man.

We let both go deep into their 30s and we saw what happens when you don’t have adequate senior players to lead the club. Oth wer amongst our better players.

You’ve always flatly refused to acknowledge that there is an inherent risk with drafting in players because you miss more often then you hit... hence trading out good players is an even riskier proposition unless the trade is heavily in you’re favour.

ListManager
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 11:39am
ListManager wrote: Thu 06 Dec 2018 5:39pm

Please discuss.

You’re actually sticking up for yourself under a different nick and misrepresenting the topic? The warning/ban was for spamming the board with the same message over and over again.., much like you do now.
Trade good players for high draft picks... trade high draft picks for more lower picks. Over and over again. We get it.

Have some self-respect man.

We let both go deep into their 30s and we saw what happens when you don’t have adequate senior players to lead the club. Oth wer amongst our better players.

You’ve always flatly refused to acknowledge that there is an inherent risk with drafting in players because you miss more often then you hit... hence trading out good players is an even riskier proposition unless the trade is heavily in you’re favour.
I can tell you now skeptic, recruiting Hanners is not the right way to go in my book. And, recruiting Max King with pick 4 is a wrong move as well. Nothing against the kid but if I am going to invest pick 4 and pick 1 (a few years back), I would make sure that the players in question were not coming back from a knee reconstruction and definitely not an athlete that has diabetes. I love my Saints, it is in my DNA, but I have lost all confidence in our recruiting and drafting department.

ListManager
Club Player

And furthermore, if I was offered picks 8 and 15 for pick 4 I would have jumped at it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 9:40pm And furthermore, if I was offered picks 8 and 15 for pick 4 I would have jumped at it.
To be clear, we wer not discussing Hanners or King.

Furthermore... saying you’d have jumped at 8 and 15 isn’t good enough. Put it on the table, who would you have taken at both picks... give us us the direct point of reference to measure your decision making in the future.

I don’t want to hear from you in 2 years time saying we could have got the best player of the draft at 15 who went in the 30s... list your names now

ListManager
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 1:44am
ListManager wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 9:40pm And furthermore, if I was offered picks 8 and 15 for pick 4 I would have jumped at it.
To be clear, we wer not discussing Hanners or King.

Furthermore... saying you’d have jumped at 8 and 15 isn’t good enough. Put it on the table, who would you have taken at both picks... give us us the direct point of reference to measure your decision making in the future.

I don’t want to hear from you in 2 years time saying we could have got the best player of the draft at 15 who went in the 30s... list your names now
Chayce Jones - Midfielder and Liam Stocker