Tom lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

Re: Tom lee

realdeal wrote:
avid wrote:I really want to see him get a run in the back line.
I think it's possible he could make it there, and I want us to give him every chance.

post number 1000 coming up for me -- must be one of the slowest ever.
I joined 4 years earlier yet over 600 posts behind.. Oh dear..

I take my hat off to you realdeal!
My 1000th will now pass without fanfare.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He is playing fantastic footy at VFL level and you wonder what he needs to do to get a senior game. I feel sorry for him and feel they are mismanaging his career. It's not like we are challenging and Richo claims to reward good form. He can't do much else. His kicking from the backline is elite, he marks well and is accountable. He probably plays most like Dempster so I guess they could see him as a replacement long term and Dempster never misses a game to give him a chance. Otherwise Richo is a %$#@.

footynut
Club Player

gringo wrote:He is playing fantastic footy at VFL level and you wonder what he needs to do to get a senior game. I feel sorry for him and feel they are mismanaging his career. It's not like we are challenging and Richo claims to reward good form. He can't do much else. His kicking from the backline is elite, he marks well and is accountable. He probably plays most like Dempster so I guess they could see him as a replacement long term and Dempster never misses a game to give him a chance. Otherwise Richo is a %$#@.
They must give him a game this year, surely they'd say we're going to give you 3 or 4 games in a row and a chance to cement your spot. I haven't seen him play as a defender, but for what I hear he couldn't do anything more to prove himself in the vfl.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He is playing fantastic footy at VFL level and you wonder what he needs to do to get a senior game. I feel sorry for him and feel they are mismanaging his career. It's not like we are challenging and Richo claims to reward good form. He can't do much else. His kicking from the backline is elite, he marks well and is accountable. He probably plays most like Dempster so I guess they could see him as a replacement long term and Dempster never misses a game to give him a chance. Otherwise Richo is a %$#@.

Is he playing fantastic footy? he played well a while ago. And his career hasn't been mismanaged. Is it because you rated to highly you now have a go at the coach? Don't be embarrassed. Ive got hundreds of players wrong. By the way how many games have you seen him play this year? And I don't think stats suggest his kicking is elite unfortunately.

saintbob
SS Life Member

You've got to be joking!!!

He's an GOP at VFL level, should be delisted at years end.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'm more inclined to agree with Gringo

He is playing really well at Sandy... certainly better than a GOP

And how can you say his career hasn't been mismanaged... they played him in the ruck last season for goodness sake. 12 months ago he's a ruck forward, now a back.

I credit the staff for potentially turning him into a back, he seems to be doing well... surely he is worth a go. Especially if Gilbert is so essential :wink:

saintmont
Club Player

I think Tom Lee will be a very good player just needs game time. On An earlier post on Jody Arnol he was very good player from North Hobart broke his leg in game 13 and never played for the saints again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Personally I'm more inclined to agree with Gringo

He is playing really well at Sandy... certainly better than a GOP

And how can you say his career hasn't been mismanaged... they played him in the ruck last season for goodness sake. 12 months ago he's a ruck forward, now a back.

I credit the staff for potentially turning him into a back, he seems to be doing well... surely he is worth a go. Especially if Gilbert is so essential :wink:
If he hadn't been moved around I would say it was mismanaged. Trying him in other spots means they are trying as well as they can to get him to play well. And he was only playing about 20 minutes in the ruck. If hadn't played that role he may have not even got a game. And how well has he played at Sandy in the last few games. Cant remember him getting in the best to often.

#gosaintas
Club Player

He played well last game against Richmond

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I really can't figure out the club's thinking on Tommy. We gave up a fair bit to get him in the first place, gave him a few matches, sent him off to get his shoulder fixed, gave him a two year contract and then stuck him in the back line. The VFL reports sound positive, without being startling, but I don't recall him even being an emergency this year.
I'd like to see him get a game just to find out where he's at. Unfortunately, with our draw, it might not turn out well. The only thing in his favour is that Fisher, Dempster and Gilbert won't be around for too many more years.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

for the thousandth post 8-) 8-) 8-)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

His kicking is elite!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
avid
Club Player

matrix wrote:Image

Thank you for being somebody who cares!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:
matrix wrote:Image

Thank you for being somebody who cares!
congrats!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Let's get another look at him in the 1's…

If he's really bad then we can probably rule a line through him and free up another spot.

If he looks good then it will be a massive bonus and may help decide how many of Fisher/Dempster/Gilbert we keep.

Win/Win

The guy clearly has the tools, seems to be confidence and aggression - which of course can't always be rectified.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

You'd have to assume Tom was told he would spend a year developing as a backman in the VFL and given a two year contract to assure him he had a role at StKilda going forward.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:You'd have to assume Tom was told he would spend a year developing as a backman in the VFL and given a two year contract to assure him he had a role at StKilda going forward.

Didn't he start the year as a forward though?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:You'd have to assume Tom was told he would spend a year developing as a backman in the VFL and given a two year contract to assure him he had a role at StKilda going forward.

Didn't he start the year as a forward though?
Dont think so.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
#gosaintas
Club Player

Agree with that

Stian
Club Player

News just in - Jimmy Webster out for at least 1 week.

I know it isn't quite a like-for-like replacement but would this be a chance to give Tom L a try?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:News just in - Jimmy Webster out for at least 1 week.

I know it isn't quite a like-for-like replacement but would this be a chance to give Tom L a try?
I think that would be great, but is Gilbert due to come back?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Stian wrote:News just in - Jimmy Webster out for at least 1 week.

I think that would be great, but is Gilbert due to come back?
Gilbert, Shenton or Acres, no Lee.