Player raid warchest for 2016

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Player raid warchest for 2016

saintspremiers wrote:Can we do 95% next year and then 110% instead in 2017 and go ballstic?

I'd rather wait a year if we can do as I'm suggesting
Agreed. We both need to be in a better spot re. where the list is moving but also become an attractive home for talent.

Ideally we score one Free Agent or big trade and then another will follow. If the next 18 months are boring, I would argue it is for the betterment of the football club.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Aish looks certain of leaving and Victorian clubs are in the race. He'd be a nice addition but somewhat unproven.
Surely his desired destination would be Adelaide - as was widely reported before he was drafted.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Can we do 95% next year and then 110% instead in 2017 and go ballstic?

I'd rather wait a year if we can do as I'm suggesting
Agreed. We both need to be in a better spot re. where the list is moving but also become an attractive home for talent.

Ideally we score one Free Agent or big trade and then another will follow. If the next 18 months are boring, I would argue it is for the betterment of the football club.

Cant do this. Can only bank what you didn't spend the previous season.

So if we decide 95% next season it is still 105% max the in 2017.

Still an option though.

You are garbage - Enough said
Razor
Club Player

Out of the GWS players I would think our order of preference would be treloar, hoskin Elliott then sheil

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Mr Magic wrote:
FQF wrote:Aish looks certain of leaving and Victorian clubs are in the race. He'd be a nice addition but somewhat unproven.
Surely his desired destination would be Adelaide - as was widely reported before he was drafted.
Well maybe we could get involved in a 3 way trade to liberate someone from Adelaide?? Get Sloane or Dangerfield to us, Aish to Adelaide and some draft picks go around to Brisbane.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
footynut
Club Player

Sorry people, for those of you that think we should target Sloane or Dangerfield I sadly think your mistaken. We should be targeting youngsters like Aish. He is a quality player and will only get better in the future, hitting his prime around the same time as the rest of our young players. I also don't mind in we copy the bulldogs approach and offer $$$ to young players at other clubs, especially those who are out of contract.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Matt Crouch, Tom Mitchell and Lachie Whitfield would be worth a serious look

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

need a clearance king... Shiel is the man

Hallalj#3
Club Player

If I was in charge I'd be looking to get Sloane Treloar and Shiel to the club and if we finish last which most think we will I can't see it not being possible.. Sloane walks as a FA trade for Treloar, Shiel walks straight thorough pre season draft.. Boom finals 2016

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:If I was in charge I'd be looking to get Sloane Treloar and Shiel to the club and if we finish last which most think we will I can't see it not being possible.. Sloane walks as a FA trade for Treloar, Shiel walks straight thorough pre season draft.. Boom finals 2016
I will shout the whole saintsational forum if this happens

Nee!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:If I was in charge I'd be looking to get Sloane Treloar and Shiel to the club and if we finish last which most think we will I can't see it not being possible.. Sloane walks as a FA trade for Treloar, Shiel walks straight thorough pre season draft.. Boom finals 2016

I think people need to forget the PSD. Clubs just don't get good players like that anymore.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I think people need to forget the PSD. Clubs just don't get good players like that anymore.
If we get first pick in the PSD it's a great card to have..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If we get first pick in the PSD it's a great card to have..

And can you tell us the last club to use it in anyway whether to get a players or blackmail. Clubs don't do either of those anymore. Well none that I can think of. We finished last last year and didn't even use it.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Supposedly the Maggie's are putting in a large bid for Treloar. It was announced on the footy show. Hope it's not true and I of he does leave, he comes to us.