Markworth out for 9-10 Weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

Re: Markworth out for 9-10 Weeks

you'd love to see him get out of this run of injuries with 10+ games next year. what a disappointing start to his career.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:When they repair ACLs they usually use a tendon from the hammy. Any correlation here?
As plugger didn't properly answer your question. In Markworths case, they repaired his ACL by using a patella tendon graft not the hamstring. So there is no correlation between the two injuries.
As for Marky getting another contract, I have watched almost all of the vfl games this year and the boy can really play. We need his pace and run. He will be ready for the full pre-season and he is only young, he must be retained
Agreed, what I have seen of him the kid has talent to spare and good pace. It's not like we have pacey young talent to spare, so can see no harm in keeping him one more year. If his body can't get through the next pre-season and next year, then it will be time up you would think.
As long as an equally talented player can fill his spot. I see no reason to cut him and then let a Jones or a Gwilt play on. The point is to improve the list.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bad luck Marky.
Hope you come out of this with stronger hammy and don't worry about the knee anymore!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell