How about this for an idea?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: How about this for an idea?

Hmm, we think we have problems, just remember, Asada isn't through with Essendon yet and potentially their problems have a good chance of making ours look like a mosquito bite from an ordinary mosquito, whilst theirs is one from a mosquito carrying every deadly disease in the world.
Simple fact, the sun will rise, Christmas will come and go, and at the last Saturday night of March 2014 we'll be screaming our heads off for a first win of the season and questioning the parenthood of the umpire and opposition players.
:D :D :D :D
A few emoticons for you Jiggster.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
70s sainter
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:So what is the great disaster that is causing all this angst?
I think it is generally agreed that we were not going to challenge in the next couple of years.
At the time of Watters' appointment I speculated on here that he may have been our Matty Knights, and got attacked for it.
Assuming most of the reported faults reported are even half true I'd say sacking was justified.
Why Dal or Goddard left is irrelevant if both leaving helped the salary cap and list age profile scenarios,
Don't know if I'm too optimistic but the only downside I see from post season events is paying out the last year of Watters' contract. Having said that I think having a lame duck coach hanging around for 12 more months may have cost more than his payout!
Exactly . What was the big attachment to watters enough to cancel your membership ???
These are rebuild years . People keep talking about losing Goddard dal mcevoy etc but five decent players don't make a premiership team . Some people and journos are so bloody nieve it's not funny. I'm actually excited about turning over a new leaf and getting a new coach with basically a brand new team.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I think I might take the Richmond option - dump a load of manure out the front of Linen House then buy a membership just so I can burn it (only joking).

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
andrewg
Club Player

slider wrote:
andrewg wrote:I think people are just sick of the following the saints. Seriously when was the last time we could just talk about the footy instead of of field rubbish?? Maybe 2008? That's 5yrs (including some of our most successful years) that we having putting up with this off field s***

That makes sense and while it is unpopular it's the truth.
WOW!! i have been following the saints since they were at the Junction Oval and have never got sick of following them and there has been worse than the recent antics.

For anyone thats had enough there are 2 options

1: Find another club

2: Drink some quick set and harden the F#%^ up

After all its just a football team isnt it?
Exactly why can't the saints just be about football?

andrewg
Club Player

dragit wrote:
andrewg wrote:I think people are just sick of the following the saints. Seriously when was the last time we could just talk about the footy instead of of field rubbish?? Maybe 2008? That's 5yrs (including some of our most successful years) that we having putting up with this off field s***

That makes sense and while it is unpopular it's the truth.
What's with all the sooking Andrew,

Just stop following & posting if its just too hard.... As slider said, it's only football mate, men kicking a piece of leather between sticks...
I'm not sooking...I will be a member in 2014 (the brett Ratten rumor has me worried) I am just exploring why people are jumping off us including sponsors. If we keep our head in the sand and just put it down to losing games then in five years time we will be the Wellington saints. Bigger picture fellas