Email from Chris Pelchen to Members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Email from Chris Pelchen to Members

Good read, it would be awesome to read the 40 page document?!

I would seriously hope a full time list manager would have a detailed strategy... Hopefully it's a good plan?

I've got a few salary cap questions?
How can we position ourselves in 2015 to bid aggressively for a free agent when the majority of our talent will be further developed and demand more money
The 20 players from 18-23yo

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good read, it would be awesome to read the 40 page document?!

I would seriously hope a full time list manager would have a detailed strategy... Hopefully it's a good plan?

How can we position ourselves in 2015 to bid aggressively for a free agent when the majority of our talent will be further developed and demand more money
I believe that some of the detail of the document was what was sahred with teh one or two groups of supporters that were invited to the club late in the season,
and what will be discussed when Chris meets with supporter groups around the country over the next 6 months or so..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
slider
Club Player

I really think you should change code or something NFI springs to mind :roll:

spot on
Club Player

great read, im excited about where the clubs heading. feels a little similar to when when roo and co got drafted. pelch can come across a bit un emotional with the way he acts but seems like he knows what his doing. just hope they give sw a break. came in at a very hard time for our list and has done alright. its only gonna get harder next year

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm sick of this planned vision. I prefer our old ad hoc approach to everything. We should sack the Pelican for getting all uppity.

karnaby
Club Player

Is there something inherent in the nature of some St Kilda supporters that makes them look for the worst?

Sometimes it's nice just to take something on face value and just think 'that's good'.

I'm sure that I hardly need to expand on our history to point out that there have been, and no doubt, will be, opportunities to pontificate on negatives. Are some of us so used to jumping at shadows that we can't just appreciate an occasional good(ish) Saints story?

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Because you refuse to pay 40% of the cap to your best 5 players. Not rocket science. I would say there will be no one on the ridiculous money anymore. Rooey and co. hamstrung our ability to bring in quality. Buddy and co didn't.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Old Yabby wasn't a sentimentalist. He was tough when it came to hard decisions. Put the Club first and all that. If players didn't toe the line or went past their sell-by date, that was it. Think Pelchen has observed that of Yabby. We aren't a social bowls club where old Fred or Gladys keep getting a go because they are nice or make the teas. This is Professional sport.

Liked the email very much. Pelchen has been a very aloof figure at the club, and seemingly cold. Think they are trying to present him in a better light. And not much sight or sound of Scott........

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Rooey was quality?!

Did I just get bagged for agreeing that it was a good read? but I do apologise if I question things and don't get over excited about written or spoken word? More so by action and results.

In Pelchin we trust, in Ross we trust in SW we trust!.... I mean seriously, How silly is that? Almost embarrassing IMO!.... What are the achievements create this faith? Spoken/Written words?

After he delivers a successful list, SW coaches a successful team... Will they deserve accolades like that...

Blind faith... Hmmm...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Rooey was quality?!

Did I just get bagged for agreeing that it was a good read? but I do apologise if I question things and don't get over excited about written or spoken word? More so by action and results.

In Pelchin we trust, in Ross we trust in SW we trust!.... I mean seriously, How silly is that? Almost embarrassing IMO!.... What are the achievements create this faith? Spoken/Written words?

After he delivers a successful list, SW coaches a successful team... Will they deserve accolades like that...

Blind faith... Hmmm...
What else you gonna do? Whinge on the internet?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

SEN are right !
the club's stuffed . :wink:

In red white and black from 73
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

That was great!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
slider
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Rooey was quality?!

Blind faith... Hmmm...
Melbourne Heart are looking for members

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's what a forum is for.... To discuss ideas, debate issues, argue points and hear DIFFERENT POVs....

Not to have a mutual W*NK over things, like a few trades that are yet to be determined successful, or an open letter which states we have a strategy... Without any real details of what the strategy is?

Idont expect the full details..... But to see the reactions makes me understand voters better...

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I am always happy to receive any communication from the club that evidences some semblance of professionalism, and the fact that this reports buy-in to the recruiting plan from board level down is really pleasing to hear.

I have forwarded it to every one of my friends and relatives who have taken to calling/emailing/texting me to enquire whether we are, in fact, a Rabble.

Rabble, schmabble. Get on board! (And at least sell or buy the bloody raffle tickets!)

(How's that 72 hour countdown going?)

Always loyal
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

There's a plan going on. No random topping up the list. They've made a plan and they're implementing it. Love it.
And great work to email us with such a balanced and thorough update. Really impressed.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It's what a forum is for.... To discuss ideas, debate issues, argue points and hear DIFFERENT POVs....

Not to have a mutual W*NK over things, like a few trades that are yet to be determined successful, or an open letter which states we have a strategy... Without any real details of what the strategy is?

Idont expect the full details..... But to see the reactions makes me understand voters better...
What do you want Mart? A detailed description of what they're strategy is? FFS man. They can't do that. It treads the line between keeping their cards close enough to their chest and informing and respecting members.
Some credit where credit is due.

slider
Club Player

BigMart wrote:It's what a forum is for.... To discuss ideas, debate issues, argue points and hear DIFFERENT POVs....

http://youtu.be/UaY7TwMBHuc

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A cynic would call it a desperate act, buying time.... Lucky I'm not cynical....

Seriously, as I stated clearly... A good read

But something I would expect from a professional at a professional organisation.... This is not a local footy club

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

gringo wrote:I'm sick of this planned vision. I prefer our old ad hoc approach to everything. We should sack the Pelican for getting all uppity.
Ha Ha Ha! What are they thinking!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

St. Byron

Read the last line of my earlier post.... It clearly states I don't expect that!

Just that, I don't believe everything I read or hear?! Why would I????

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I'm guessing in similar way to how Port and Hawthorn managed their cap during their premiership years - there will be a formula, and if u don't want to fit, you get traded out for someone who will.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yes mart
In Chris trust.
Why?

Track record.

Cary on tho, kill everyone's buzz.
:D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A cynic would call it a desperate act, buying time.... Lucky I'm not cynical....

Seriously, as I stated clearly... A good read

But something I would expect from a professional at a professional organisation.... This is not a local footy club

Great. So can't we get a bit excited and impressed about it without being told we're having a 'mutual wank'? Yes, proof will be in the pudding. But at the very least it's a professional and articulate statement that there's a plan going on and encouragement to hang tight with the club. Looks to me like they're doing everything possible to make a genuine change in the club's culture and on-field success. Really encouraging IMO.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:St. Byron

Read the last line of my earlier post.... It clearly states I don't expect that!

Just that, I don't believe everything I read or hear?! Why would I????
Well if you don't expect it, why bring it up as something that's missing from the letter?