Terrible newspaper article in Sydney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Terrible newspaper article in Sydney

True Believer wrote:
saint66au wrote:Sick to death of sexist buffoons making off colour comments about female journalists on this Forum. Glad to see a few posts on this thread have been reported. Maybe some suspensions might shut a few up

Go back to 1975 if you want to carry on like that

So if the reporter had been a male and the derisive comment was that he just badly needed to get laid - would that still be sexist?

I don't think it's sexist as much as it's just generally in poor taste, and attacking the reporter rather than the poor quality of the article.
Prolly wouldnt happen cos it appears we have some old school dills in here who single out female football writers/broadcasters for cheap shots about looks and appearance.

You might not agree with what she says or writes..but some of the rubbish written about Caroline Wilsons appearance etc on here has been appalling..and this is just an extension of it

Anyway as I said the posts were already reported before I got to them so appears Im not the only one :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

If the COL in Sydney is such that it justifies a 20% higher salary cap for the Sydney clubs, then what about the Adelaide clubs where the COL is 25% less than it is in Melbourne (and 40% less than Sydney)?
Does that mean Adelaide clubs should have their salary caps reduced?

Also, why is housing asset inflation never part of the official inflation rate (as far as the Reserve Bank etc.. is concerned)?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I apologise to all for my post. Sometimes the first thing that springs to my mind isn't always the best option. I was trying to make a joke.

But her article was absolute garbage journalism

Kickit
Club Player

samoht wrote:If the COL in Sydney is such that it justifies a 20% higher salary cap for the Sydney clubs, then what about the Adelaide clubs where the COL is 25% less than it is in Melbourne (and 40% less than Sydney)?
Does that mean Adelaide clubs should have their salary caps reduced?

Also, why is housing asset inflation never part of the official inflation rate (as far as the Reserve Bank etc.. is concerned)?
If there is a cost of living allowance, it should include the cost of rent. It should not include the cost of purchasing a house, since any afl player is free to purchase housing( as an investment ) anywhere they want, and can live anywhere they want after their 10 years or so at an AFL club.
Most non-rookied AFL players should be ignoring the Fevola model, and putting a good chunk of their earnings into investment. If they choose to invest in housing so be it. It is incorrect to give the high earners 20% extra to add to their investments because bread costs more in Sydney ( if it does ).