Question about our Cap?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Question about our Cap?

joffaboy wrote:So is this thread about our cap or one forum member attempting to bait another one?

because if it is the latter it is directly against the forum rules.

I suggest you take your "live one" comments and baiting to the General Forum if thats what you want to do.

This is a football forum and not an ego trip forum.

Thanks for the advise.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I heard Dennis-Lane is on 2 million dollars per year…

Trent? Really?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So is this thread about our cap or one forum member attempting to bait another one?

I suggest you take your "live one" comments and baiting to the General Forum if thats what you want to do.

lol

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Thanks for the advise.
I think he meant the other one not you

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: I think he meant the other one not you

I did, but if the hat fits - put it on :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Must be a guilty conscience....

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:We mat have paid 105% this year so it is apretty big drop to 95%. We also would have paid a promotion allowance this year that may be put into the salary cap to get it to 95% next year. They could also pay money in advance to players. There are plenty of ways of getting it to 95%.
Correct. From.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_salary_cap
The salary cap, known officially as Total Player Payments, is A$9,130,000 for the 2013 season with a salary floor of $8,673,500
The veterans list rules allow $112,320 (source: http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-ex ... an-players) per player with over 10 years of service to be paid outside of the cap.

Our potential eligible veterans in 2013 - Hayes, Milne, Blake, Kosi, Riwewoldt, Montagna, Dal Santo

Hence assuming that we paid a basic of 100% of the cap our max spend on TPP would have been $9.13m + $112,320 x 7 = 9,916,240 which equates to 108.6% of the TPP.*

In other words if we shift from a max TPP payment to a minimum one, the difference would be equivalent to $13.6% of the TPP or $1.24m.

*Also NB that this does not include nominated rookie payments or ASAs (additional service arrangements - though I don't know exactly how this works so can;t do the maths on these.
Last edited by Richter on Tue 01 Oct 2013 4:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Me have any guilt at all. i dont think so. All fun for me.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Me have any guilt at all. i dont think so. All fun for me.
Don't doubt that and for most of us too...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The group all together .....how nice....

How are we spinning it things these days, must be tough.... I advise just getting personal....perhaps redirect, Bring up some old chestnuts and avoid the situation.... Denial has worked thus far, will be tougher over the next two years, but whatever helps?

Strength through loyalty chaps.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The group all together .....how nice....

How are we spinning it things these days, must be tough.... I advise just getting personal....perhaps redirect, Bring up some old chestnuts and avoid the situation.... Denial has worked thus far, will be tougher over the next two years, but whatever helps?

Stop baiting or I will report you.

Just because you wanted junkies at the club and because Jamie Cripps didn't have a photo, you think you know everything.

Who is this years smokie BigMart og hindsight king of the heap?

You NEVER answer that question. When will you? In 18 months? :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:The group all together .....how nice....

Stop baiting or I will report you.

Just because you wanted junkies at the club and because Jamie Cripps didn't have a photo, you think you know everything.

Who is this years smokie BigMart og hindsight king of the heap?

You NEVER answer that question. When will you? In 18 months? :roll:

Chad Wingard.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Chad Wingard.

Heath Ledger

Here he is in his Freo colours

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Chad Wingard.

Heath Ledger

Why is he wearing the old colours?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Chad Wingard.

Heath Ledger

Why is he wearing the old colours?
Hindsight

Lance or James??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Aww... How cute

We're all playing again....

It's nice you took my exact advice on the old redirect... But I'm guessing that's what you would have done regardless....

Hey pluggsy, still obsessed.... I suggest you worry more about the club, less about me... I won't make any difference in 2014

Unless JB was walking his dog passed my home ground this year, asked a chap who was playing well... They replied #4 and he jotted it down on his little note pad... Then I might get called out as a smokey?! At pick 21 probably?? Isnt that the process of recruiting at Stk.... a friend of a friend heard?!
A 40yo with a bad attitude, and a history of bad injuries, ( I did play across HB this year, we like HBs)..... We've done worse, I don't smoke, rape, and I can run on my ankle?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Aww... How cute

We're all playing again....

It's nice you took my exact advice on the old redirect... But I'm guessing that's what you would have done regardless....

Hey pluggsy, still obsessed.... I suggest you worry more about the club, less about me... I won't make any difference in 2014

Unless JB was walking his dog passed my home ground this year, asked a chap who was playing well... They replied #4 and he jotted it down on his little note pad... Then I might get called out as a smokey?! At pick 21 probably?? Isnt that the process of recruiting at Stk.... a friend of a friend heard?!
A 40yo with a bad attitude, and a history of bad injuries, ( I did play across HB this year, we like HBs)..... We've done worse, I don't smoke, rape, and I can run on my ankle?

Please get back on topic and I dont worry about you at all. I laugh at you when you stroke that ego of yours. Still have no idea why you support a club you find so many faults in.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Sweet Caroline...Uh, Uh, Oh!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Comedic gold.... Which fell flat on the other thread you started?!

Cairnsman, come on, I expect more.... To get to the level of the 3 amigos, attach a hint of nastiness, a touch of smug, a dash of redirect.... When all else fails, hit the slogans.... Tony Abbott style....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

You usually just front end all your real potential talent like give Newnes $3million over 5 years but $1.75 in the first year, that way you have lure money for free agents.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

BigMart wrote:So we will be paying for a part of Nths premiership shot.... That's nice of us?

Didn't realise we were so keen to offload a triple all Australian for an untried kid that we would pay some of his salary....

Good management again.... Like Freo and Collingwood, Sydney and even Richmond back in the early seventies, we are so nice to other clubs......

And this will benefit us how?

Perhaps another Tom Hickey???
God someone writes something on a f****** fan forum and you take it as fact and start ridiculing the club. There is NO WAY we would trade Joey and Dal and then offer to pay some of their salary.
You are so he'll bent on crucifying the club at every turn. How about looking up the word support in the dictionary and then putting it into action

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
BigMart wrote:So we will be paying for a part of Nths premiership shot.... That's nice of us?

Didn't realise we were so keen to offload a triple all Australian for an untried kid that we would pay some of his salary....

Good management again.... Like Freo and Collingwood, Sydney and even Richmond back in the early seventies, we are so nice to other clubs......

God someone writes something on a f****** fan forum and you take it as fact and start ridiculing the club. There is NO WAY we would trade Joey and Dal and then offer to pay some of their salary.
You are so he'll bent on crucifying the club at every turn. How about looking up the word support in the dictionary and then putting it into action

I think he already wears a bra.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I don't like you at all however you are correct here.

It is beginning to concern me that we apparently could maybe just maybe have salary cap issues despite being 16th and shedding a few high-end earners over the past few years.

I will be filthy on those dickheads down at the club if we pay part of Dal's salary if he does go to a pissant club like North

realdeal
Club Player

Well this has turned into a wasted thread.. Where's the money gone that we were offering Goddard last year? And the cash we would've paid Gram?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I've never met you Redeemer?

So I have no issue with you, thanks anyway....ffs