Less famous brothers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

Re: Less famous brothers

Peter Everitt & Andreas

stevie
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Brett and Adam Goodes
Wasnt there a third brother, Johnny B?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the harveys

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Theo van Gogh.

A successful and influential art dealer. He did his mother proud..., unlike his loopy brother, about whom she was despairing that he'd ever amount to anything.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Theo van Gogh.

A successful and influential art dealer. He did his mother proud..., unlike his loopy brother, about whom she was despairing that he'd ever amount to anything.

poor form dave.... :roll: this is a footy thread

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Theo van Gogh.

poor form dave.... :roll: this is a footy thread
I see football as artistry. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
periosaint
Club Player

Gilbert and Greg McAdam

I promised my daughter a flag before she turns 5!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Bill and Laurie Stephenson.......................... both very skilfull Sainters.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Bill and Laurie Stephenson.......................... both very skilfull Sainters.
which era?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

periosaint wrote:Gilbert and Greg McAdam
What about Adrian?

loris
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
loris wrote:Bill and Laurie Stephenson.......................... both very skilfull Sainters.
which era?
Bill was a real star.............. played late 50's to early 60's. Was in Victorian side a couple of times. He came from Sale with Alan Morrow. Sadly Bill's career was cut short by a serious knee injury. He was a CHF and FF. The year of his knee injury he palyed the first 3 games and got about 25 goals or there abouts, then went down injured. I think I read that Bill died last year.

Laurie was Bill's younger brother. Also a full forward. Not as big and robust as Bill. He was at Saints for a couple of the years that Bill played, may have been 60-61. Not quite sure of those years though and can stand corrected. He was short-sighted and played wearing glasses.

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Legends at Central Districts, S.A., having played in the last 11 grand finals - the Gowans brothers - twins James and Chris. James played a handful of games for us whilst Chris played reserves (or is it the other way around?).

loris
Saintsational Legend

Another couple of brothers were Jack and Tom Meehan.

Jack was a sergeant of police I used to work with years ago at D.24.

Jack's claim to fame is:........... on the cover of Jack Dyer's (Captain Blood) autobiography - Dyer -of Richmond fame. There is a photo of Dyer, fending off a St. Kilda player ,fist to his face. That is Jack Meehan, however incorrectly it has always been labelled that it was Tom Meehan.

I don't know if that was true or not, but that is what Jack told me, and because he was my boss and an ex-St Kilda player, who was I to doubt him???????

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Rob and Ant Harvey

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Another couple of brothers were Jack and Tom Meehan.

Jack's claim to fame is:........... on the cover of Jack Dyer's (Captain Blood) autobiography - Dyer -of Richmond fame. There is a photo of Dyer, fending off a St. Kilda player ,fist to his face. That is Jack Meehan, however incorrectly it has always been labelled that it was Tom Meehan.

I don't know if that was true or not, but that is what Jack told me, and because he was my boss and an ex-St Kilda player, who was I to doubt him???????

I think Tom is the Father of a girl who was on TV a lot in the 2000's, Bridget Mcintyre. She does the brand power adds now.

loris
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I think Tom is the Father of a girl who was on TV a lot in the 2000's, Bridget Mcintyre. She does the brand power adds now.
Haven't seen her or the ads plugger.................. how old is she? If she is youngish (20-30'S) Tom must have been like Charlie Chaplin, siring children in his 70's. :o :o :o

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Haven't seen her or the ads plugger.................. how old is she? If she is youngish (20-30'S) Tom must have been like Charlie Chaplin, siring children in his 70's. :o :o :o

I reckon she would be in her mid 30's. I remember her saying once that her Dad was over 50 when she was born.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Another player of yesteryear was Hec Yeomans who played for the Saints then went to the Hawks. Think it was pre WW2. I used to also work with his brother Bill Yeomans at D 24 who had played for Hawthorn. They started off that clan of very good Yeoman sons who played for the Hawks in 1960's.

podgee

Con & George Gorozidis :)

loris
Saintsational Legend

Geoff Ablett played for St Kilda in the 1980's sometime. He came to us from the Hawks via Richmond I think..

Now a large clan of Ablett brothers had stints at Hawthorn, of which Gary Snr was, the most famous. Gary only played a few games for the Hawks, then went bush or home to the country as he didn't like being in Melbourne. Hawks gave up on him, eventually Geelong persuaded him to play with them ............... and as they say folks,.......... the rest is history.

I think Geoff was a brother or Gary................ but he may have been a cousin....... can't quite recall. Gee if he had been a brother, and there wasn't any sibling rivaly, Geoff may have persuaded Gary Snr to come to the Saints............... then we may have inherited Gary Jnr. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if my anutie had balls, she would be my uncle eh? No such luck for the Saints

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Geoff & Kevin played for Hawthorn before Gary snr

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Con and George Gorozidies

Unlucky enough to play against them in the 90s in both cricket and footy. Con as good a bowler as I have seen in local circles, anyways...

As footballers, both were freaks, George was absolutely something... His goal kicking exploits at Bonbeach, Bentleigh, Sandringham and others.... Was phenomenal...
Both players should have played lots of AFL footy, Con cricket for Victoria...but both hit the piss a bit often and didn't have the drive...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Geoff Ablett played for St Kilda in the 1980's sometime. He came to us from the Hawks via Richmond I think..

Now a large clan of Ablett brothers had stints at Hawthorn, of which Gary Snr was, the most famous. Gary only played a few games for the Hawks, then went bush or home to the country as he didn't like being in Melbourne. Hawks gave up on him, eventually Geelong persuaded him to play with them ............... and as they say folks,.......... the rest is history.

I think Geoff was a brother or Gary................ but he may have been a cousin....... can't quite recall. Gee if he had been a brother, and there wasn't any sibling rivaly, Geoff may have persuaded Gary Snr to come to the Saints............... then we may have inherited Gary Jnr. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if my anutie had balls, she would be my uncle eh? No such luck for the Saints
...brotheres...three of them...all played for the hawks....originally anyway...one ended up at the saints, another at geelong and the third at the saints......no staying power eh??.......guess gary junior was always going to leave....the tuck boys are cousins...they have had their problems too.....and changes of clubs.....

slider
Club Player

stinger wrote:
loris wrote:Geoff Ablett played for St Kilda in the 1980's sometime. He came to us from the Hawks via Richmond I think..

...brotheres...three of them...all played for the hawks....originally anyway...one ended up at the saints, another at geelong and the third at the saints......no staying power eh??.......guess gary junior was always going to leave....the tuck boys are cousins...they have had their problems too.....and changes of clubs.....
Havent you learnt enough in your 2million posts to make any sense and to be constructive in your posts ???? oh and not speak in tongues? ............................ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?:

and brotheres is brothers :roll: please use spell check 8-)

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:The Pascoe brothers. Scary as the Krays. Barry was ours IIRC.
and his bro at North?
Spot on whiskers. I think Barry got many weeks for kicking. Brother was at North. Can't remember his first name. Was it Len like the fast bowler?
Very wrong, not Barry. "Big" Bob Pascoe copped 10 weeks for sinking the slipper, I think into John Sharrock, at Kardinia Park. I was there and saw it but I was only a little kid. Bob came over from North Melbourne in 1968. Barry had stood out of football for a year to win a clearance from the SANFL to North in "67 but joined Bob at the Saints after the older brother had a falling out with the 'Roos.

Bob was somewhat of a dinosaur but a handy mark and set shot around goals; Barry was an absolute gun ruck-rover who typifies the Saints luck by doing his knee never playing again! I have fond memories of the two of them and Kevin Murray having a huge punch-on in the centre of Junction oval in '69.

Kray Bros? Nope, Bob's reputation was scarier than he was. Barry had the ability to win a Brownlow had fate not dealt a cruel hand.

Saint supporter since '62