Steven Baker on Open Mike

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Steven Baker on Open Mike

Dr Spaceman wrote:@StevenBaker10: My 'Open Mike' interview is on at 9.30 tonight.. Wonder if they will make me out the victim haha http://t.co/2wSsbHLd
from the previews...
he comes accross as a drunken thug, and will not reflect well on the club
if he thinks thats funny, then thats what his career will amount to
no wonder the afl/public wanted this type of player out of the game

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:@StevenBaker10: My 'Open Mike' interview is on at 9.30 tonight.. Wonder if they will make me out the victim haha http://t.co/2wSsbHLd
from the previews...
But yet they love Ling and Kirk. Go figure......

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Stephen_Powell

Will be interesting to see what he has to say about Ross "announcing his retirement" for him after the sydney game.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
from the previews...
maybe they did not admit to sharpening their stops/studs!!

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
from the previews...

You have lost me when mentioning those 2 with Bakes. Can you explain what you mean?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

[

But yet they love Ling and Kirk. Go figure......[/quote]

You have lost me when mentioning those 2 with Bakes. Can you explain what you mean?[/quote]

Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:[

You have lost me when mentioning those 2 with Bakes. Can you explain what you mean?[/quote]

Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.[/quote]

Not really. Completely different to Bakes but then again you thought we got no goals frome frees on friday and geelong got 6.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You have lost me when mentioning those 2 with Bakes. Can you explain what you mean?
Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.[/quote]

Not really. Completely different to Bakes but then again you thought we got no goals frome frees on friday and geelong got 6.[/quote]

Both correct.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.

Not really. Completely different to Bakes but then again you thought we got no goals frome frees on friday and geelong got 6.[/quote]

Both correct.[/quote]

Well we got 2 so I doubt Geelong got 6 if your stats are anything to go by. Matter of fact i would be surprised if they got 6. I wouldnt go by you just watching the game because it is through one eye. Where can I find these amazing stats?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.
ling & kirk ...seriously curly?
what alternative universe do you inhabit?

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well we got 2 so I doubt Geelong got 6 if your stats are anything to go by. Matter of fact i would be surprised if they got 6. I wouldnt go by you just watching the game because it is through one eye. Where can I find these amazing stats?
We got one. That was to Saad from a downfield. FACT.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:Both taggers that bent the rules but are both loved. Pretty simple really.
ling & kirk ...seriously curly?
what alternative universe do you inhabit?
Are you trying to say Ling and Kirk just happily followed there opponent around without making any illegal or unsportsman like contact. :roll:

And you think Im in a alternative universe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

We got one. That was to Saad from a downfield. FACT.

You told us none now its one and what about Geary that doesnt count? Where were the Geelong 6. Sounds very made up to me just like comparing Bakes to Ling and Kirk. Seriously you need to watch footy not an alternate game that no one else seems to be watching.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You told us none now its one and what about Geary that doesnt count? Where were the Geelong 6. Sounds very made up to me just like comparing Bakes to Ling and Kirk. Seriously you need to watch footy not an alternate game that no one else seems to be watching.
No I said we only got one free in our forward 50. The same as against Collingwood. How is Gearys a free he marked the ball and then Kelly went over the mark. If you dont think Ling and Kirk used similar tactics your sillier than you try and make out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No I said we only got one free in our forward 50. The same as against Collingwood. How is Gearys a free he marked the ball and then Kelly went over the mark. If you dont think Ling and Kirk used similar tactics your sillier than you try and make out.

No you said we got no goals from frees when we actually got 2. You said Geelong got 6 and that is very doubtful. So ling and Kirk sharpened their stops and gave players dead arm. My god no wonder you are one of the 3 stooges.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No you said we got no goals from frees when we actually got 2. You said Geelong got 6 and that is very doubtful. So ling and Kirk sharpened their stops and gave players dead arm. My god no wonder you are one of the 3 stooges.
The dead arms and so on yes the sharpening of the studs I have no idea. God one of the first thing a good senior coach will teach is methods like the dead arms and so on.

Again I repeat I said we got one free in our forward 50 which was Stanley and one goal from a free which was Saad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The dead arms and so on yes the sharpening of the studs I have no idea. God one of the first thing a good senior coach will teach is methods like the dead arms and so on.

Again I repeat I said we got one free in our forward 50 which was Stanley and one goal from a free which was Saad.

I doubt good coaches teach that at all. Maybe 20 years ago. I repeat you said we got no goals from frees. We got 2 and Geelong didnt get 6.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote: And you think Im in a alternative universe.
Ling and Kirk both hugely respected in the afl/personal life - quality people
baker = zilch
do you want to keep playing

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I doubt good coaches teach that at all. Maybe 20 years ago. I repeat you said we got no goals from frees. We got 2 and Geelong didnt get 6.
We got one to Saad and one free to Stanley 49 out. Why do you lie.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

We got one. I guess if I said we got two youd say we got four. Saads was the only one. Players are still very much shown ways to restrict there opponent.

You are that hard to change your mind. You said none and now you say one when a 50 makes it 2. And yes players are shown ways to restrict an oppenent but I doubt any are shown the dead arm. If they are then CJ is going against orders. And Geelong didnt get 6 goals from frees.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote: And you think Im in a alternative universe.
Ling and Kirk both hugely respected in the afl/personal life - quality people
baker = zilch
do you want to keep playing
Thats right but both where dirty scragging taggers like Baker. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You are that hard to change your mind. You said none and now you say one when a 50 makes it 2. And yes players are shown ways to restrict an oppenent but I doubt any are shown the dead arm. If they are then CJ is going against orders. And Geelong didnt get 6 goals from frees.
If and its not a 50 is included in the goal from a free in fact its not even included in the free kick count. Geelong got more than 6.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The stats say 3 to geelong, 1 to us

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_m ... s?mid=5514

Can you guys get a room.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You honestly believe that modern day senior coaches are teaching players the dead arm? Get real. The coaches may be aware of it and choose to ignore it, but encouraging it? No. I don't think so.

BTW - Who cares how many goals the cats got from frees? The only relevent stat is the ones they didn't deserve. Gwilt was all over Tomahawk clinging on for dear life. Not his fault as he was hopelessly outmuscled, but the one glaring mistake I did see from the umps was the free to Stanley against Lonergan.....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

You honestly believe that modern day senior coaches are teaching players the dead arm? Get real. The coaches may be aware of it and choose to ignore it, but encouraging it? No. I don't think so.

BTW - Who cares how many goals the cats got from frees? The only relevent stat is the ones they didn't deserve. Gwilt was all over Tomahawk clinging on for dear life. Not his fault as he was hopelessly outmuscled, but the one glaring mistake I did see from the umps was the free to Stanley against Lonergan.....

Of course coaches teach these things what do you think they teach?

Stanley never received a free kick when Lonergan infringed. In fact Kosi didnt either, In fact Kosi and Roo both didnt receive a free against Collingwood. Both where mauled far worse than Hawkins Cloke and Dawes who received plenty.