Bakes B&F doubt - likely a no show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RooMeat

Selfish and soft by Baker.

Such petulance should not be pandered to by the St Kilda football club.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reckon he'll regret not going and letting his mates raise their glass to him.

Each to their own though.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:shame and I reckon Lyon has a bit to answer for but in reality Baker was never going to get another contract with saints.
WHY?

You mean Pelchen surely!

Pelchen was the guy the board appointed to make these calls and he had authority over Lyon!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Bakes is being a sook and should rise above Lyin and our pathetic PR department and attend.

I hope they pay out on that bitch Lyin at the B&F.

GET A CLUE

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bakes is a grown man if he wants to go to the b/f then great he will be aknowlleged as the star he was for such a long time ... If he doesn't attend he will still be aknowlleged for being the star he was for such a long time ... The writing was on the wall for bakes his time was running out his effort never waivered but the pace of the game was catching him .. Yes itwas bad we retired him but would he have felt any better if we came out and just said we were delisting him ???

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Im sure the players and officials will stay professional

I somehow think though that the mere mention of his namke may not get the same forgiving reaction from a lot of people present, especially with them having boozed on since the doors opened lol

As for Bakes..a real shame if he doesnt turn up but all the mail points to his delisting being hardly a shock if he'd listened to what he was told during the year. Some of the crap written about him on this thread though is disgraceful
Last edited by saint66au on Sat 08 Oct 2011 12:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintly
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:A player who has given years of service to the club should not be in a position where this situation occurs. Bakes might have thought his days were numbered in the seniors, but being told you are retiring when you aren't aware of it is a terrible way for the club to manage things and somthing akin to the Saints management of old- a real minus for Nettlefold and co.
nettlefold would not have anything to do with that. if your going to blame anyone blame Lyon for doing it like that straight after the game.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
spert wrote:A player who has given years of service to the club should not be in a position where this situation occurs. Bakes might have thought his days were numbered in the seniors, but being told you are retiring when you aren't aware of it is a terrible way for the club to manage things and somthing akin to the Saints management of old- a real minus for Nettlefold and co.
nettlefold would not have anything to do with that. if your going to blame anyone blame Lyon for doing it like that straight after the game.

Yeah, let's blame Lyon for losing the 1971 Grand Final while we are at it!

CHRIS PELCHEN was appointed by the board to make these calls!

Ross Lyon was just trying to honour the guy after our final game for the year with his teammates after the call had already been made by PELCHEN!

FAIR DINKUM

Buckets
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
saintly wrote:

Ross Lyon was just trying to honour the guy after our final game for the year with his teammates after the call had already been made by PELCHEN!

FAIR DINKUM
If you had the choice would have have re-signed him for another year?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Teflon wrote:shame and I reckon Lyon has a bit to answer for but in reality Baker was never going to get another contract with saints.
WHY?

You mean Pelchen surely!

Pelchen was the guy the board appointed to make these calls and he had authority over Lyon!
Maybe.

Im not against the choice to not offer Baker a contract - so be it. IF Pelchen made that call - kudos to him cause its the right one.

Im fairly certain Lyon shouldnt have been involved in the process of announcing Bakers early retirement straight after a loss...knowing hes up to his nuts in negotiations with Freo.....and knowing Baker clearly hadnt been talked to about it prior.

So the decision is fine, the method used is cr@p and Ross should have shut up......till at least he had his win deal done.

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Bakes is being a sook and should rise above Lyin and our pathetic PR department and attend.

I hope they pay out on that bitch Lyin at the B&F.

GET A CLUE
Dear barks,

Please help me as I have NFI.

Just like you.

Love

SP

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
To the top
SS Life Member

When you sit in positions of authority you are friends with no-one.

Simply, because you will have to call them to account and be prepared to sack them one day - particularly in football clubs!

Respect, yes.

Friendship - No.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

The only reason I will not be attending the B&F is due to a dinner with the Pres. of FreeLife. I love the Saints & have no bad feelings

from his facebook

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:The only reason I will not be attending the B&F is due to a dinner with the Pres. of FreeLife. I love the Saints & have no bad feelings

from his facebook
Bakes is obviously an arsehole.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Ralphy wrote:The only reason I will not be attending the B&F is due to a dinner with the Pres. of FreeLife. I love the Saints & have no bad feelings

from his facebook
Bakes is obviously an arsehole.
i see what you did there.... nah dont hate bakes at all....

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Nettlefold acknowledged at the time that it could have been handled better BY THE CLUB- you bet it could.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
WHY?

You mean Pelchen surely!

Maybe.

Im not against the choice to not offer Baker a contract - so be it. IF Pelchen made that call - kudos to him cause its the right one.

Im fairly certain Lyon shouldnt have been involved in the process of announcing Bakers early retirement straight after a loss...knowing hes up to his nuts in negotiations with Freo.....and knowing Baker clearly hadnt been talked to about it prior.

So the decision is fine, the method used is cr@p and Ross should have shut up......till at least he had his win deal done.
Come on teffers you know better than that

when Barks is on one of his primadonna rants you know he won't respond to your well reasoned points

just like his ruck statistics that proved Rix not being played was the worst move ever in a game where our key forwards missed 5-6 set shots from within 30m out.

Pelchen is the worst thing ever because Ross should have had complete control over everything in the club and left purely for that reason

trying to argue will only lead to frustration

even though ur right

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Its part of the culture of football.

players leave for money, clubs cut champions, players get traded like cattle.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Bakes tweet, "The only reason I will not be attending the B&F is due to a dinner with the Pres. of FreeLife. I love the Saints & have no bad feelings."

Middo
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
saintly wrote:

FAIR DINKUM

If the board appointed Pelchen to make the hard calls then I reckon this would be the easiest one he's ever gonna get ..In Pelchen we have someone who will make the right call based on having a succesful St.Kilda footy club. Hard decisions need to be made and who cares about timing just make them and move on to the next one. FFS the board have had a lot of problems to put up with and get some decisions wrong but in the end we were a team competing in finals over a long period so we should let then got on with things and stop whining every time you have your little hissy fits !!! They respected Ross Lyon on his departure and have moved on , not like some on here ... :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

fingers wrote:Bakes tweet, "The only reason I will not be attending the B&F is due to a dinner with the Pres. of FreeLife. I love the Saints & have no bad feelings."
:D

Sainter for life.
spert
Saintsational Legend

There ya go 8-)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

It seems like everyone is jumping at shaddows these days ... Barks I think you need to get over you anti nettlefold anti board hussy fitbecause you starting to sound like your missing a chromosome

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Q5 wrote:Given that Bakes was in Sydney last night meeting & greeting the head of FreeLife, the company that produces TaiSlim that he now promotes, perhaps he is staying there to establish his future, rather than dwell on part of his life that he was 'retired' from...
Steven Milne was interviewed this morning on some radion show and his response was that Bakes was in Sydney to meet the head of the company.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If Baker isn't going only because he was "retired"by Lyin then that makes him a Sooky La La...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.