How is this a "New Saints Scandal"?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
yipper wrote:
evertonfc wrote:[Andrew Lovett's episode came after a big night. Allegedly KD met Sam Gilbert in a nightclub. Sam Fisher gets hit in a nightclub. Hayes-Baker happens outside a nightclub. Roo gets slagged and shoulder charges outside a nightclub.
Roo was picking up Fish & chips at a South Melbourne shop (near where he lives) with his missus at around 11pm!!!! Sheesh, it is possible that some of our players are being ridiculously tarnished in the media for doing - well.. normal things, and getting attacked in the process. But it is a scandal how they always get into trouble!!?? It is time to lock the media up I think!!!
I'll take back the Roo one; my apologies. It wasn't a nightclub, he was getting dinner - at 11pm. :?
Maybe they should also be banned from going out to dinner, or getting takeaway, would that suit you?

Fair dinkum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I would like to address the meaning of the sign used by the Collingwood player, as technically as possible, without using demeaning language.

This sign was popularized in America by the publication of the play "The Vagina Monologues", which is an ensemble cast production of monologues by many women about their bodies.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that plays (at least once a season) have Sign Language Interpreters. There is a scene where one woman talks about simultaneous anal and vaginal penetration, screaming "The Shocker" on many occasions, and that is the American Sign Language for this sexual act. Because of the play's incredible success, it eeked into popular culture.

No need to be embarassed - I didn't know it until I saw the play (which I only went to because one of the interpreters was one of my students).

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
goodie
Club Player

Because sub-editors are lazy and not too bright.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I would like to address the meaning of the sign used by the C*llingw**d player, as technically as possible, without using demeaning language.
Just censored it for you. I'll let you away this time... :wink:

They walk amongst us...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Maybe they should also be banned from going out to dinner, or getting takeaway, would that suit you?

Fair dinkum :roll:
Good to see you again, Joff ;)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I would like to address the meaning of the sign used by the Collingwood player, as technically as possible, without using demeaning language.

This sign was popularized in America by the publication of the play "The Vagina Monologues", which is an ensemble cast production of monologues by many women about their bodies.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that plays (at least once a season) have Sign Language Interpreters. There is a scene where one woman talks about simultaneous anal and vaginal penetration, screaming "The Shocker" on many occasions, and that is the American Sign Language for this sexual act. Because of the play's incredible success, it eeked into popular culture.

No need to be embarassed - I didn't know it until I saw the play (which I only went to because one of the interpreters was one of my students).
Wow! now that I'm fully informed of the meaning I'm ready to engage in the outrage. How dare this young man do such a thing. Gee are we getting over sensitive or is it just a slow news day?
Remember back in the 70s when the middle finger took over from the two finger salute as being the ultimate signal for insult.
Actually it’s not that big a deal especially for anyone that is familiar with the modern range of pleasure instruments that are freely available.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
markinUSA wrote:I would like to address the meaning of the sign used by the Collingwood player, as technically as possible, without using demeaning language.

Wow! now that I'm fully informed of the meaning I'm ready to engage in the outrage. How dare this young man do such a thing. Gee are we getting over sensitive or is it just a slow news day?
Remember back in the 70s when the middle finger took over from the two finger salute as being the ultimate signal for insult.
Actually it’s not that big a deal especially for anyone that is familiar with the modern range of pleasure instruments that are freely available.
Still it's a strange time for the thought to pop into your head after you've just played four quarters of final's footy.

Oned track mind?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Still it's a strange time for the thought to pop into your head after you've just played four quarters of final's footy.

Oned track mind?
Two track mind actually. He seems to be combining footy and hand signals.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Oned track mind?
Well, he's obviously into multi-tasking....

SinCitySaint
Club Player

markp wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Oned track mind?
As is the lady to whom the signal is directed by the sounds of things.

bubblegoose
Club Player

Well I found the scandal bit they were referring to, provided by a Hawks poster who claims to have been there & seen what happened.

Collingwood comes to the aid of Fish? Not according to this eye witness account: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803435

* Conditions apply
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySaint wrote:
markp wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Oned track mind?
As is the lady to whom the signal is directed by the sounds of things.
So just out of curiosity has he got the signal up the right way?

bubblegoose
Club Player

bubblegoose wrote:Well I found the scandal bit they were referring to, provided by a Hawks poster who claims to have been there & seen what happened.

Collingwood comes to the aid of Fish? Not according to this eye witness account: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803435
I know there may be your odd hysterical hissyfit after a previous recent linking to BF, but for the purpose of linking to the source ... he also said:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost. ... tcount=116
Also on that same night when Mr Party Boy was out, within the same venue was Dale Thomas, Dayne Beams, Sharrod Wellingham, Heath Shaw and Mr Perfect Dane Swan. What happened to the curfew?

after a feralwood supporter threw up:
TownleyTime
I thought Fisher was smarter than putting himself in such a position. Sadly the party boy culture that sits with St. Kilda, seems quite true.

* Conditions apply
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So even c***ingwood supporters think that Sam should be smarter than their players?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I take it none of you will read The Age anymore. At this rate no one will be able to give is any information from the papers.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I take it none of you will read The Age anymore. At this rate no one will be able to give is any information from the papers.
Are you saying that YOU don't read the HS or age?

If that is true then you are a peanut.

If it's not true then please post any relevant articles here please.

Cheers!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Just heard a version of the events from a very reliable source.

Possibly another club (indirectly) involved. A big, big night was being had by many. Some things got out of hand. Not exactly a 'random' attack.

Can't say much more. Wait for the police to check it out - should reveal everything.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 16 Mar 2011 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I take it none of you will read The Age anymore. At this rate no one will be able to give is any information from the papers.
Are you saying that YOU don't read the HS or age?

If that is true then you are a peanut.

If it's not true then please post any relevant articles here please.

Cheers!
Read to HS but not the Age. Would post articles but wont for 2 reasons. Dont know how and obviously no one would want to read them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Just heard a version of the events from a very reliable source.

Possibly another club (indirectly) involved. A big, big night was being had by many. Some things got out of hand. Not exactly a 'random' attack.

Can't say much more. Wait for the police to check it out - should reveal everything.
fantastic
cant wait

seriously i dont see the enjoyment in going out on benders or for that matter going out weekly and paying stupid prices for grog in an atmosphere thats shite
chicks or not

but thats me
im old

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

given the list of players I've seen somewhere It would seem so-
but commentator still have a go at there being a 'St kilda' player involved.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

given the list of players I've seen somewhere It would seem so-
but commentator still have a go at there being a 'St kilda' player involved.
Maybe because he was the one hit. Do you actually think it would have been mentioned at all if no one was hit?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so wtf is going on
it was another player?
or just some twat in a pub?

f****** censors over on big footy!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:so wtf is going on
it was another player?
or just some twat in a pub?

f****** censors over on big footy!
A pies player helped Sam after he was hit. Not sure who but he played in the premiership last year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thanks for the info buit it didnt really answer the question
im guessing it was some pratt in a pub, fighting over some flange...errrr over a girl

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:thanks for the info buit it didnt really answer the question
im guessing it was some pratt in a pub, fighting over some flange...errrr over a girl

Sorry didnt get what you meant. Yep i would say that as well. I think sam brought his girlfriend there as they were at the races together that day.