R7 Match Preview - Collingwood v St.Kilda - By DaVe86

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Whats the filths supporter site?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
stinger wrote:......i stopped reading after the filth supporter posted this rubbish....

'
"First of all, I truly believe Collingwood can win this game."

...yeah ..they can win......if they start playing on sunday ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
and i stopped reading this post after i saw it was written by you!

i read Daves post on the pies forum before, and its a very good read.
usually i dont read everything that is said as i am a lazy reader and it comes down to, i hate reading. but Daves post was worth is.
good work
sure you did kiddo....

i'm cut.....ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Tue 05 May 2009 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
It starts in the centre. It doesn't stay there.

It does not always start in the centre.

If we turnover the ball..it starts from there.

If we scorea behind..it starts from FB.

But yes...the Pies not playing direct done the centre will not assist them.

Play can shift though.

Last game the Dogs for a bit managed fast entries along the flanks..but hen we clogged that up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:I can see why you posted this on our site Dave.

Some big words, no pictures and we all know most fagpies supporters cant read !
:wink:

DaVe86
Club Player

very interesting to see how confident you guys are. You guys obviously have every right to be...and I for one am not expecting a win out of this.

But just interesting considering we have a good record against you guys over the last 2 years and our matchups are actually decent. This is a different St.Kilda side no doubt, but you will lose a game somewhere along the line and Collingwood have a knack of been that side who wins the unexpected.

Secondly, again appreciate all those who took the time to read, I know it is long and perhaps carries a Collingwood flavour...but a lot of work goes into it.

It is dissapointing however to read some of you guys tune out immediately after you hear it is written by a Collingwood supporter. I know the stereotype, and i have no respect for fans who fit that mould...but i think you'll find I'm one of the more passionate footy fans and I know my stuff.

Thirdly, response to a few comments

a) Clearances are the key for Collingwood. There is no hope in hell we will win if we don't win the clearances. Breaking even won't do. If you guys are getting the ball forward and we have to launch our attacks from defence then we can forget about it.

b) On Goddard....agree he has come on a long way since 06-07. I have watched him very closely this year and he has still made a few mistakes under pressure (like all players do). My point is that we can't allow him freedom. He is so damaging when given time and space. I'd be putting him under as much pressure as possible.

c) On Davis....he is your biggest threat going on present form. But you should treat him like a midfielder and that means sending Jones onto him. He is playing midfield now. I think if Jones shuts him down, then he will go forward to exploit him there....but that is a win because our movement is nto going to be pretty and it will be slow. That will keep him out of the game.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86, respect to you for coming on here and not acting like a troll.

A very well reasoned argument put forward by yourself, notwithstanding your natural Collingwood biased perspective.

A question for you?

What do you reckon the response would be on the Collingwood Fan site(s)if one of us came on and posted in a similar vein to yours?

Would he/she have been treated similarly to you on here?

Would there have been debate about the article rather than a cavalcade of posters venting their spleen at the interloper from St Kilda who dared to enter their 'magpie zone'?

Just curious as I believe we treat opposition supporters (not trolls) in a mainly respectful manner, whereas other sites don't seem to?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

If we're confident it's because we've seen some pretty extraordinary stuff this year. Amazingly it seems to have gone under the radar for the footy public in general - if the Saints are playing this well it must be because the opposition isn't any good. Ooh, look out until you play a decent team Sainters, then you'll be found out... etc. etc.

See Dave, this is where you're being a bit complacent yourself. You think Collingwood are playing the Saints of 06-07 and that history counts for something. The Saints have transformed into a team that plays for their coach and each other, and the commitment levels have gone through the roof. The past two weeks alone have wiped the historical record clean.

Clearances can only take you so far. The Doggies won their clearances something like 38-30... couldn't make it work to their advantage.

In fact, with Didak and Anthony out, and Medhurst sore, I think the Pies will be flat out putting anything on the board to start with.

A loss to the Magpies would be a huge upset... not scarred for life... we would just have some question marks and be watching how the team responds against Essendon. But I rate your chances at slim to none.

python
Club Player

i thought it was a good preview, but do you really think presti can run with roo? I dont know much about presti, i know hes a darn good defender, but im not sure on his running capabilities.

Also, im a little worried about this game, we're not going to win every game (it would be nice though), and collingwood always seem to get up for these sort of games. If our goal kicking accuracy is even similar to what it was against the dogs, i think we might lose.

Having said that, crawford has said a few times this year that coll struggle against the zoning teams, and if coll are missing anthony, didak, medhurst, we really should be up by 50 points.

DaVe86
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:DaVe86, respect to you for coming on here and not acting like a troll.

A very well reasoned argument put forward by yourself, notwithstanding your natural Collingwood biased perspective.

A question for you?

What do you reckon the response would be on the Collingwood Fan site(s)if one of us came on and posted in a similar vein to yours?

Would he/she have been treated similarly to you on here?

Would there have been debate about the article rather than a cavalcade of posters venting their spleen at the interloper from St Kilda who dared to enter their 'magpie zone'?

Just curious as I believe we treat opposition supporters (not trolls) in a mainly respectful manner, whereas other sites don't seem to?

Hard to say mate. I put these weekly previews up on a lot of opposition boards and they are generally well received. You get the odd 3 or 4 like i have here that disregard the whole piece the minute i say im a collingwood supporter...but that's ok...shows how little they know about football.

I'd say if you came onto a collingwood board and put something similar to what i have up that you'd be well received generally, and you would get the usual nuffs telling you to get lost. I reckon you would be banned the minute the game is over...as i expect to be here and have been on a number of oppo boards.

The thing is that I'm not coming on here saying "you suck" or trying to rev you guys up. I've put hours into this piece, it is unbiased in the facts...but is designed for the collingwood reader...but these are my opinions and i try to take my collingwood goggles off and look at genuine ways we can beat our opposition. So that has to be of interest to opposition supporters as well.

But i have had a good response from this board....i appreciate it is a lengthy piece and many will disregard it...but i genuinely feel most of you have taken a good look at it...(although i do think a lot of your responses are a little cocky!!!)

On Presti v Roo - No doubt Riewoldt's tank and footspeed are an issue. But Presti is the only matchup.

Presti is not quick...but is lightning off the mark and has the requisite closing speed. Riewoldt will find it difficult to take marks inside 50 on Presti...as all forwards have this year (ask Jonathon Brown)

Riewoldt will lose Presti on long searching leads. I'd be expecting him to take in excess of 10 marks. But Presti is in fantastic form and our backline has far from been our weakness this year in terms of defending.....but has been our weakness in terms of running off half back.

Crawford is 100% right that we struggle against zones. Adelaide and Hawthorn have made mockeries of us. However Brisbane are zoning this year and we had no problem with it after half time. So perhaps we are starting to learn. I think St.Kilda's zone is the best going around by a country mile at the moment so we are no doubt going to struggle. But Mick will come up with something...its just whether it works or not. Last years Micks golden idea was to remove wingmen and play them as forwards against Hawthorn. Didn't work!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Don't be fooled, the Magpies have every chance of winning... if the Saints don't turn up -or maybe Eddie will whine and complain so hard to the AFL, that the results will be turned around after the Saints smack the Pies.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

DaVe86 wrote:very interesting to see how confident you guys are.
"Confident", eh? You called us "arrogant" over at your forum. Obviously a bit more careful with your wording on this forum, eh?

Mate, let me explain something to you. This is a club which has won one Premiership in 140 years, which is 1/27th of the amount of wooden spoons we've won. We went through a decade (the 80's) when each win felt like a Premiership to us. We were, not to put too fine a point on it, absolute s***. It is simply not possible, no matter how you interpret the word, for us to be "arrogant" in any way, shape or form.

But, WE ALL LOVE OUR CLUB. And we are rapt with the way we're now playing. Yes, the winning helps, but it is more the WAY in which we are winning that is giving us some joy. We are playing the sort of footy we've been praying for all of our lives. Tough, hard, smart and skillfull. And we are, now and finally, well coached.

So, let us enjoy that, at least for the moment. And please, do not confuse "arrogance" with unbridled joy. If you do, please refrain from referring to it as such.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86,
Why would you be banned from here after the game?

We have a number of opposition Club supporters who post regularly here, including at least 1 Collingwood fan and they have no problems.

The ones we tend to remove quickly are the trolls who come on here looking to make as much of a nuisance of themselves as possible.

From my experience we (the vast majority) actually enjoy a good debate as long as it's not 'personal abuse' driven.

I for one look forward to reading lots of posts from you in the future as you seem to be articulate and well reasoned despite your serious lack of upbringing (ie electing to support the 'dark side' rather than the Saints). :)

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:DaVe86,
Why would you be banned from here after the game?
Four posts and not one mention of Grant Thomas, Seaford or our clash strip? Obviously not one of us.

Ban him. :wink:

DaVe86
Club Player

Mr X from the West wrote:
"Confident", eh? You called us "arrogant" over at your forum. Obviously a bit more careful with your wording on this forum, eh?

Mate, let me explain something to you. This is a club which has won one Premiership in 140 years, which is 1/27th of the amount of wooden spoons we've won. We went through a decade (the 80's) when each win felt like a Premiership to us. We were, not to put too fine a point on it, absolute s***. It is simply not possible, no matter how you interpret the word, for us to be "arrogant" in any way, shape or form.

But, WE ALL LOVE OUR CLUB. And we are rapt with the way we're now playing. Yes, the winning helps, but it is more the WAY in which we are winning that is giving us some joy. We are playing the sort of footy we've been praying for all of our lives. Tough, hard, smart and skillfull. And we are, now and finally, well coached.

So, let us enjoy that, at least for the moment. And please, do not confuse "arrogance" with unbridled joy. If you do, please refrain from referring to it as such.
Got no problem with you guys been happy with the way you are playing...you have every right to be arrogant in that regards.

My comments are made in the sense that it seems you are very confident that you will win THIS GAME. I too believe the Saints will win...it just suprises me how confident you guys are that you will....and a lot of chatter i am seeing worries me as someone who genuinely likes the saints because my dad is a saints fan.

I think at round 7 it is too early to be so arrogant, considering this is a team that has been promising so much for years now. I like you believe the Saints may actually be the real deal this year....but i just hope the players are not treating this game as lightly as some posters on various websites.

kp83
Club Player

DaVe86 wrote:
Mr X from the West wrote:

Got no problem with you guys been happy with the way you are playing...you have every right to be arrogant in that regards.

My comments are made in the sense that it seems you are very confident that you will win THIS GAME. I too believe the Saints will win...it just suprises me how confident you guys are that you will....and a lot of chatter i am seeing worries me as someone who genuinely likes the saints because my dad is a saints fan.

I think at round 7 it is too early to be so arrogant, considering this is a team that has been promising so much for years now. I like you believe the Saints may actually be the real deal this year....but i just hope the players are not treating this game as lightly as some posters on various websites.
Probably not as arrogant to claim we'll win this game as a pies fan I know who declared you would win the premiership after beating a 2nd string West Coast team in the 1st NAB cup game of the year (and creating a facebook group to announce it!!!) I'm not lumping you in with him, but fair to say that our confidence doesn't even compare to some of the tripe your fellow supporters come up with.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

DaVe86 wrote:My comments are made in the sense that it seems you are very confident that you will win THIS GAME. I too believe the Saints will win...it just suprises me how confident you guys are that you will....
So let's turn that one around... what gives the Pies any right to think that they will nick the game? Your assessment is the Pies will match up well. And even if that is true, do the Pies have the collective fortitude to overcome the Saints? Going on form... going on Mick's ANZAC Day comments about the team commitment to the game plan... no chance.

It may only be round 7 but I think the ladder and percentage are a fair representation of these two teams at the moment.

The Saints were overpowered last year in the PF and QF by harder teams. Who was the last team to catch the Saints napping? ...Collingwood.

What are Collingwood's chances of catching Geelong by surprise a second time? ...Zip.

I think you can see where I am leading.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Whats the filths supporter site?
here are their two

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/

http://www.voy.com/51976/

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86 wrote:

It is dissapointing however to read some of you guys tune out immediately after you hear it is written by a Collingwood supporter. I know the stereotype, and i have no respect for fans who fit that mould...but i think you'll find I'm one of the more passionate footy fans and I know my stuff.

...and i have no respect for opposition fans who log onto an opponents site telling them why his bunch of hacks will win ffs.......this is a saints fan forum.....so do me a favour..........go annoy your toothless mates on nicks forum..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

this is the sort of crap that our new filth mate is posting on his site.......just a try hard blow hard stirrring up trouble iimhfo.....

"haha my mate is mad st.kilda and showed me his forum..so i made a account and have been snooping for the last few weeks.
the stuff i read on this makes me furious , the resort to us as the "filth"
it was just tonite after all my posts talking up as magpies that they noticed i wasnt no saint haha pretty funny really.
they have a forum on this weeks game claiming players as medda , swan , pendles , leon ect as pretenders but really they carry the names as jones in there team..lol
i have noticed over these weeks that us pies are sane ppl and the knobs over at st.kilda are clueless
just filling the rest of you guys in on the rejects over at saintsational
Smile
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

if your bored and feel like stirring things up before the big game get on there and give them something to talk about
carn the pies lets crush this rabble Smile"

....in the end just another f****** troll.....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I assumed that was TEDBUNDY stinger.

Was written in his style, not Dave86 who is quite articulate.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:I assumed that was TEDBUNDY stinger.

Yes,
DaVe86 has been posting on the Collingwood site pretty much what he's been posting here and I have no issue with it.

As for the feral filth fool who posted here as TEDBUNDY, it just shows his intelligence that he actually believes he 'fooled' us.
Only a complete moron could/would think that his trolling went un-noticed.

But then, what do you expect from someone who probably spent the best 6 years of his life in grade 3?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Yes,
DaVe86 has been posting on the Collingwood site pretty much what he's been posting here and I have no issue with it.

As for the feral filth fool who posted here as TEDBUNDY, it just shows his intelligence that he actually believes he 'fooled' us.
Only a complete moron could/would think that his trolling went un-noticed.

But then, what do you expect from someone who is probably spending the best 6 years of his life in grade 3?
Edited for accuracy

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

:)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maybe i was wrong...but filth is filth imhfo.......if the roles were reversed...one of us posting there....you wouldn't last more than an hour.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
stinger wrote:......i stopped reading after the filth supporter posted this rubbish....

'
"First of all, I truly believe Collingwood can win this game."

...yeah ..they can win......if they start playing on sunday ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
and i stopped reading this post after i saw it was written by you!

i read Daves post on the pies forum before, and its a very good read.
usually i dont read everything that is said as i am a lazy reader and it comes down to, i hate reading. but Daves post was worth is.
good work

i have no objection to you logging on to the filth forum.....your choice to crawl to them...but ffs don't show them how ignorant you are of the game...

" but this does not mean i dont care about that premiership and dont respect the players who played that day. any player who plays in an AFL/VFL Grand Final should be rememberd and honoured by the blub, and i respect all our players who were there that day and won our clubs only premiership. what is very sad that a lot of you may not know is that last year one of the blokes died, so back then there were 18 in a team (no interchange bench) and we now only have 17 of them remaining.

there were twenty players in a side back then...including two reserves ffs.....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: