Where is Nathan Burke?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: Where is Nathan Burke?

ace wrote:
Richter wrote:Greg Westaway[/u] - the invisible man. I've been generally happy with his low profile as President. Keeping schtumm most of the time then lends a particular authority when you do say something.

Schtumm? I didn't realise Westaway was jewish, I thought he was only being quiet.
Yup, his real name is Greg Westerwicz

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

While trying to find the truth & be balanced and at the same time...
Richter: Burke was in the media just a few weeks ago...http://smr.mm.ticketmaster.com/track?ty ... 9 Njg4MTg=

Grumpyone: You say the club showed leadership to say no than followng the herd. Well didnt we just say no and and follow the herd?

Skeptic and Mr Magic: in the abscence of a substantial reason for the decision, and the anti-cousins lobby content with that. How will you feel years down the track when it comes out that the footy dept wanted it, the players wanted it, but Mr Westaway threatened Jen Weld sponsorship due to his anti-drugs stance?
Last edited by sunsaint on Thu 27 Nov 2008 1:34am, edited 1 time in total.

Seeya
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Skeptic and Mr Magic: in the abscence of a substantial reason for the decision, and the anti-cousins lobby content with that. How will you feel years down the track when it comes out that the footy dept wanted it, the players wanted it, but Mr Westaway threatened Jen Weld sponsorship due to his anti-drugs stance?
How will you feel when they don't? Unless of course you know they currently are, which would put you very much on the inside of the club... :roll:

One player who was always under a massive storm cloud.

Is it really worth the heartache the "pro-BC'ers" are putting themselves through?

I think not.

IMO if we'd taken him you would not have seen the "anti-BC'ers" sooking, whining and bleating about what a ridiculous decision it was like we've seen here the last 26 hours.

Richter
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:IMO if we'd taken him you would not have seen the "anti-BC'ers" sooking, whining and bleating about what a ridiculous decision it was like we've seen here the last 26 hours.
Oh yes you would have iceman. I fully remember the writhing coming from the likes of Dan Warna and others last year when we were talking about BC/drugs etc. before even the possibility of him coming to the Saints was brought up.

Your own posturing over the last few weeks, though largely honourably held was IMO somewhat melodramatic at times.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Iceman234 wrote:
sunsaint wrote: Skeptic and Mr Magic: in the abscence of a substantial reason for the decision, and the anti-cousins lobby content with that. How will you feel years down the track when it comes out that the footy dept wanted it, the players wanted it, but Mr Westaway threatened Jen Weld sponsorship due to his anti-drugs stance?
How will you feel when they don't? Unless of course you know they currently are, which would put you very much on the inside of the club... :roll:

One player who was always under a massive storm cloud.

Is it really worth the heartache the "pro-BC'ers" are putting themselves through?

I think not.

IMO if we'd taken him you would not have seen the "anti-BC'ers" sooking, whining and bleating about what a ridiculous decision it was like we've seen here the last 26 hours.
With the greatest respect Iceman, as I said very early in the cousins descision thread last night, the anti-cousins camp won, please stop the gloating. I find it strange that you got the decision you wanted, but you are still here "26hrs" later trying to vindicate the board.
Your views on cousins were out there long before the decision was even close. And it could only be described as a sooking, and a whining and a bleating, and that was just at the thought of us getting him. SO yes I can imagine what you guys would be like if the club decided to draft him.

For the majority of us tho, we are left scratching our heads. We are trying to make sense of it. And it is looking more and more likely that it is a purely anti-drugs stance.

And to be honest all you have got left is trying to make sarcastic remarks that I have some sort of inside the board connection. It wasjust like last nights thread that got bogged down in a petty personality stoush. I just dont know why you would bother! You won

Seeya