Butterss interviewed by KB on SEN 11;30 Tues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:all in all wasa bit likea political spiel.....so the Board have started to campaign.

It was said by KB that the Corporations Act will be used to require 60 days notice.

Obviously the Board now realise that NB and AT have attracted many to send proxies in.....and so hence their tactic of saying that they would be elected unapposed...

So I would expect AT and NB to now re-iterate publically that they will only stand as part of the FF alternate ticket....and would definately not stand to be elected otherwise.
You're probaly spot on sRr but if I was the incumbents and they made that announcememt I would simply ask the following question:-

'Why don't you want the members to decide who should be on the Board with you?'

Quite a clever piece of political positioning on behalf of RB 'painting them into a corner' in either accepting serving on the Board no matter its makeup or saying publicly they will only serve with their group. This way he tries to sever their unity or forces them to admit they are putting their 'group' before the Club.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well....the current main point at issue is when the EGM will be.....

Is the EGM called by Gdanski valid??? and the change of date valid??

Has the Board now validly replaced(moved etc) it to Nov?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Peanut
Club Player

. . . I missed the interview
Was RB asked whether NB or AT have agreed to being part of the incumbant board in its present form?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:. . . I missed the interview
Was RB asked whether NB or AT have agreed to being part of the incumbant board in its present form?
No, he wasn't asked.

He just kept repeating the statement that they should be elected unopposed at the EGM, to whatever Board is elected.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:. . . I missed the interview
No....he just repeated several times that they should be elected unapposed..

I would just take it asa political move based upon the Board realising the stength of vote that NB and AT are attracting...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

Like RB or not, stability is one key to success, try and deny that. And it is not unusual for members of any board to disagree with direction by CEO,s chairman, presidents and want to leave the board - why is that a big problem with some supporters, I don't know. I'm sure the extra expenditure the board had approved will be well used and 2008 should be a good year now that RL has had a year under his belt. It's a pity that some out there need to destabilise our club after we just miss the finals. As for Westaway -go away.

To the top
SS Life Member

Interesting tactic to invite Burke and Thompson onto the Board.

A Board which has approved $500,000- on football operations - which flys directly into the face of the presentation of the alternate ticket.

No doubt the challenge is revenue, but that puts St Kilda in no different position to any other sporting club - and it draws comment on the AFL draw and the "blockbuster games" being played by only certain clubs with free live to air and the marketing opportunities this presents.

In regards financial management, this is crucial because a profit of just $1 Million can very quickly turn negative given the revenue streams football clubs rely on.

The comment on Howard and economic management amuses me because Stevens and Henry run the Australian economy - the current government only run interference by inflationary spending - which both Stevens and Henry constantly warn of, including by leaked memos - and why we will get a further interest rate increase during the election campaign.

Stevens and Henry are constant, as RBA Chief and Treasury Chief.

So we get back to constants and stability.

The preferred outcome is for Burke and Thompson to join the Board, as they have been invited to do, and for the club to get about its core business of fielding a very competative footy side for the supporters to follow.

You never know, one of these 2 could be offered the presidency - now that WOULD be interesting!

After all, it is only a title.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep

I've decided to send my proxy to SFF

was probably going to attend however RB much as I respect what he has done sounds to much like howard atm.

he hasn't got an idea of where we are going, just that he should be at the helm

I hope he is treated with respect but november 26th is mums birthday

I hope westaway can bring the same success to St Kilda that he brought to the building gregorys transport into the national logistics company it is today.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Like RB or not, stability is one key to success
Which is a major reason people believe we need change.

There is currently turmoil amongst our existing Board.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:yep

I've decided to send my proxy to SFF

was probably going to attend however RB much as I respect what he has done sounds to much like howard atm.

he hasn't got an idea of where we are going, just that he should be at the helm

I hope he is treated with respect but november 26th is mums birthday

I hope westaway can bring the same success to St Kilda that he brought to the building gregorys transport into the national logistics company it is today.
Like you i was waiting to see what Butthead had to say. This latest effort on the Radio has prompted me to at least fill in my proxy another crap effort from Butthead and Co and i will send it. FFS Butthead tell us something without spin!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Yep just like Fox got us a flag back in the '80s

kaos theory
Club Player

RB is using tactics to deflect & a desperate attempt to out flank the challengers, rather than tackle them head on. He knows he doesn't have the talent on his ticket to match the challengers, or the votes, so he is trying to distable the ticket by attempting to split it up by targeting burke & thommo directly.

He is also using stall tactics in a hope that people's anger/frustration with the current board subsides. Obviously, directly after the season's end is when most people will be dissapointed. RB is banking on people losing interest and just accepting the status quo. Its a common tactic of a weakening incumbent to stall and hope the challenger runs out of steam & support.

What should be evident to all, is that RB cannot bring sponsorship or ideas for new revenue growth (one of the most critical needs for the club), and importantly, he cannot bring new quality talent to his baord.

And that is what really matters, its talent & committment to execute a vision.....Sadly, RB short on ability and vision...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Yep just like Fox got us a flag back in the '80s
well brining in 3 coaches hasn't helped st kilda under RB.

Blight wasn't interested, GT did well with what he had, and RL has been far from impressive in his first year.

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Yep just like Fox got us a flag back in the '80s
Or like Butterss did over the past 7 years.

The Peanut
Club Player

Thanks for replying MM and sRr
I might get my answer on SEN soon as AT will be on his weekly chat

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i would rather have folks be more appreciative of what RB has done for st kilda :(

he'll probably lose the election be it in October or November however he has led us to financial success, and given us a crack at the flag for a few years.

IMO the club is a better place now than when he arrived.

he is acting poorly now, however a bit of respect :(

its not like he's the enemy, he's one of ours IMO.

SHUT UP KRIME!
kaos theory
Club Player

TTT - you don't seem to get it. Its not a stable revenue that will get us success. Its GROWING reveune, in a growth market. We are not doing that becuase RB and his team don't have the skills. The afl is in a growth market phase, and we are going backwards. We are at the bottom when we should be in the top 5 for reveune.....

Business 101 speak about paying off debt is really just meaningless rubbish. Ask Westerway or Bryant or Dana if they struggle with those concepts, while they grow their businesses. RB has only grasp some fundamentals of business managmement, and doesn't have the skills to take this club into a $30 or $35+ million business. He is a small business guy, and an average one at that! He has not run and grown a complex large business in a highly competative market. He doesn't have the networks, credability or skill to chart a course forward for the club.

If we don't grow our revenue, then we will always be limited in what we can do to improve our on-field success. There are no certainties in life, only degrees of likelihood. When you are in the top tier of football expenditure you improve your likelihood of success....We can give ourselves a better chance at success...or we can continue to hope & pray, which judging by history is very unreliable approach...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

actually I believe his personel management business had a 50m turnover.

RB is not a stupid man.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:So we get back to constants and stability.
Like the constant of four senior coaches in the last seven years?
Like the constant of five CEO's in the last seven years?
Like the constant of four CFO's in the last seven years?

If we were serious about modelling ourselves on the cats, Thomas would still be coaching us.

I am sick of us being followers under this regime.

It's time for a change for the better. It's time for us to start being St Kilda!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:actually I believe his personel management business had a 50m turnover.

RB is not a stupid man.
And most of it was sheer luck.

Understands very little himself about business principles ... but that's alright as long as he surrounds himself with people who do.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i don't believe RB is a stupid man either. however, ..

why do we not have long term sponsors?
why do we not already have a major sponsor for next year?

why haven't we got any material foregarding next season?

why do we not get much communication anymore?

when was the last time we received an email or letter that wasn't just a takeoff from the web site? (except for team lists, or trying to sell us something)

It appears to me that the saints have not grown.

Whatever happened to such things as ...
The monash university partnership in 2002/03?
The music at the telstra dome before games?
New ways to communicate to members who do not use the internet? (this was a question at last years AGM, and nothing has been done about it.

and others.

mcadam05
Club Player

no wonder Rod keeps falling off the stage all that spin is making him dizzy

kaos theory
Club Player

actually I believe his personel management business had a 50m turnover.

RB is not a stupid man
What???

You mean the head-hunting business he ran with a few others during the tech boom that make a heap of easy money?....There are a few 'tattslotto' millionaires walking around from those days, I know some of them too....but I wouldn't trust them with building a complex business in a tough competative market... Anyway, not saying his stupid...its just him & his current board are not collectively as talented or capable as the challengers...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Like RB or not, stability is one key to success, try and deny that. And it is not unusual for members of any board to disagree with direction by CEO,s chairman, presidents and want to leave the board - why is that a big problem with some supporters, I don't know. I'm sure the extra expenditure the board had approved will be well used and 2008 should be a good year now that RL has had a year under his belt. It's a pity that some out there need to destabilise our club after we just miss the finals. As for Westaway -go away.
that's your view...and you are entitled to it....mine is ....flower off rod...and take your lackey board with you.....

...it would seem at least 7-8 thousand supporters agree with me...not you.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I
The preferred outcome is for Burke and Thompson to join the Board, as they have been invited to do, and for the club to get about its core business of fielding a very competative footy side for the supporters to follow.

You never know, one of these 2 could be offered the presidency - now that WOULD be interesting!

the preferred option...by whom ffs...you omit to state that......not by me it's not...or the 7to 8 thousand members who already have sent in their proxies.......

...your mate...or are you rod himself.....is clutching at straws...as is the wont of drowning men......

..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.