A new major sponsor for St.K.F.C. 🚗

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: A new major sponsor for St.K.F.C. 🚗

SaintPav wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 3:31pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 2:09pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 12:46pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 10:55am
SaintPav wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 8:28am
I’m willing to post in the dark to help save the planet.
What about flying in a battery operated passenger jet for your overseas holidays or would you be willing to forgo your overseas holidays all together to save the planet?
What have you got against flying economy to Europe for $15K with 15 stopovers thrown in?
Almost as appealing as towing a toilet around Australia.
EV motor homes rock…
aka...mobile sewage treatment facilities, should use the methane gas for energy production if they are fair dinkim... :D

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 3:36pm
What about flying in a battery operated passenger jet for your overseas holidays or would you be willing to forgo your overseas holidays all together to save the planet?
What have you got against flying economy to Europe for $15K with 15 stopovers thrown in?
EV motor homes rock…
aka...mobile sewage treatment facilities, should use the methane gas for energy production if they are fair dinkim... :D
I like driving up and down the East Coast towing my toilet and leaving deposits in every little town I come across. It helps their economy.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

With the preseason we have planned I’m thinking we’ll be ‘Chery Ripe’ for next season.

Cue worst dad joke of the season.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

EV motor homes rock…
Methane is a GHG and is supposed to be even more potent than CO2.

Cows will be targeted next.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
King Max
Club Player

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 4:12pm With the preseason we have planned I’m thinking we’ll be ‘Chery Ripe’ for next season.

Cue worst dad joke of the season.
Our finances have been improving and having a car company as a sponsor is the chery on top.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 3:56pm
EV motor homes rock…
I like driving up and down the East Coast towing my toilet and leaving deposits in every little town I come across. It helps their economy.
What range do you get with your battery powered towing vehicle?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 4:17pm
EV motor homes rock…
Methane is a GHG and is supposed to be even more potent than CO2.

Cows will be targeted next.
I know right, saving the planet feels like farting at thunder, I just hope the music doesn't stop before I've cashed in my fun tickets.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Double
Last edited by shanegrambeau on Wed 04 Oct 2023 7:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I’ve done a little reading

Chery have had their share of controversy and issues.

But does it matter?

They are killing it

Signing all kinds of tie-ups with pony giants etc.

Onwards we go

All the way ..

Read
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/b ... view-chery

Moorabbin will be called Chery Stadium !

Before ‘we’ buy the Junction.

And hold the Chery Cup!

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 2:06pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 12:29pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 11:18am
Bernard Shakey wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 10:56am
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 7:44am
I mean how else do you charge a lithium battery, without coal, there are no EVs.
I charge mine with pure solar from my roof!
You are a true warrior of the planet and I salute you, if your energy consumption rates allow it then more should do it. But to be a true planet saving warrior you need to stay within your pure solar energy budget, no sneaking off for an overseas holiday on one of those hydrocarbon burners, or hopping on a coal guzzling train to the footy, and definitely no night time footy with all those hydrocarbon fuelled lights. And no internet shopping where all of your purchases are delivered with hydrocarbons. And to be a 5 star general planet-saving warrior you need a vegie patch out back to avoid getting all of your food manufactured, processed and delivered with hydrocarbons.

How pure are your solar credentials? I'm genuinely curious?
What is it with the anti-green people?
Does it really have to be all or nothing?
There are some things that we have no control over (like overseas holidays).
How about getting out of the mess the same way we got in it? A bit at a time.
As Ash Barty and Steph Gilmour say "All or something".
Do what you can where you can.

Marvel is a predominant LED lighting venue now. It's how they're able to turn them off/on so quickly...So much better for the environment using way less elecricity.

More and more companies are moving to a carbon neutral footprint. Even F1 is going that way with bio fuels.
I see more and more buses that are either hybrid or EV.
More and more cars on the road are EVs.
We are ditching gas as an energy source in new houses because there's no renewable option for it.
We are heading in the right direction. The days of fossil fuels are numbered. That might still be a large number, but it's a number and it's reducing.
I see first hand the unprecedented investment in coal extraction, BHP alone is still investing billions of dollars per annum in capex on coal projects, it's a sector that partially funds my lifestyle, other parts are funded with all of the hard rock minerals needed to support "zero emissions", which incidentally will at some point in the not too distant future have supply issues as city folk embrace their "energy transition".

The "energy transition" to lithium fired machinery is driving growth in coal to levels never seen before.

If you want a comfortable retirement load up on shares in coal, and any of the minerals used to manufacture lithium batteries, copper is also a good earner, as heaps more copper needed to upgrade all of our powerline assets as they are quickly reaching capacity due to the EV transition. Many power distribution companies around Australia already embarking on such upgrade projects.
This is all spot on!
Buy as many Copper mining shares as possible.

There will be an unbelievable shortage in 5 years time trying to keep up with this fantasy clown world.
If only I had more spare cash laying around.

Save the planet apparently by taxing people more and making everything more expensive….it’s a winner.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Electric vehicles need 70K of travel before they are out of the red carbon wise according to what I read two years ago based on a Swedish study?

You can charge your car enough if you work night shift and leave the car on charge all day when the sun is out, or employ a smart charger, but even the latter is not a clear-cut scenario.

There is currently an over supply of E-vehicles and prices are falling

You can't just take 1.5 tonnes of metal and plastic with your everywhere you go - I think that is the message.

Recycling the old e batteries of cars that will accumulate in the next decade is not apretty picture economically either

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56574779

E assisted bicycles all the way!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 7:20pm
EV motor homes rock…
It all depends on whether I connect the battery or not.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

If I put the battery in, it runs on diesel and tows 2 tonne at 12.3 lts per 100 klms.

If I take the battery out, it won't go anywhere and that's pretty economical after a while.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 10:16pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 2:06pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 12:29pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 11:18am
Bernard Shakey wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 10:56am
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 7:44am
I mean how else do you charge a lithium battery, without coal, there are no EVs.
I charge mine with pure solar from my roof!
You are a true warrior of the planet and I salute you, if your energy consumption rates allow it then more should do it. But to be a true planet saving warrior you need to stay within your pure solar energy budget, no sneaking off for an overseas holiday on one of those hydrocarbon burners, or hopping on a coal guzzling train to the footy, and definitely no night time footy with all those hydrocarbon fuelled lights. And no internet shopping where all of your purchases are delivered with hydrocarbons. And to be a 5 star general planet-saving warrior you need a vegie patch out back to avoid getting all of your food manufactured, processed and delivered with hydrocarbons.

How pure are your solar credentials? I'm genuinely curious?
What is it with the anti-green people?
Does it really have to be all or nothing?
There are some things that we have no control over (like overseas holidays).
How about getting out of the mess the same way we got in it? A bit at a time.
As Ash Barty and Steph Gilmour say "All or something".
Do what you can where you can.

Marvel is a predominant LED lighting venue now. It's how they're able to turn them off/on so quickly...So much better for the environment using way less elecricity.

More and more companies are moving to a carbon neutral footprint. Even F1 is going that way with bio fuels.
I see more and more buses that are either hybrid or EV.
More and more cars on the road are EVs.
We are ditching gas as an energy source in new houses because there's no renewable option for it.
We are heading in the right direction. The days of fossil fuels are numbered. That might still be a large number, but it's a number and it's reducing.
I see first hand the unprecedented investment in coal extraction, BHP alone is still investing billions of dollars per annum in capex on coal projects, it's a sector that partially funds my lifestyle, other parts are funded with all of the hard rock minerals needed to support "zero emissions", which incidentally will at some point in the not too distant future have supply issues as city folk embrace their "energy transition".

The "energy transition" to lithium fired machinery is driving growth in coal to levels never seen before.

If you want a comfortable retirement load up on shares in coal, and any of the minerals used to manufacture lithium batteries, copper is also a good earner, as heaps more copper needed to upgrade all of our powerline assets as they are quickly reaching capacity due to the EV transition. Many power distribution companies around Australia already embarking on such upgrade projects.
This is all spot on!
Buy as many Copper mining shares as possible.

There will be an unbelievable shortage in 5 years time trying to keep up with this fantasy clown world.
If only I had more spare cash laying around.

Save the planet apparently by taxing people more and making everything more expensive….it’s a winner.
Yeah and ban energy sources like gas so the whole country is dependent on a single energy source which just happens to be...coal.

My advice, teach your kids to unplug from mainstream media and avoided future mass cons.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 05 Oct 2023 12:30am
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 Oct 2023 7:20pm
EV motor homes rock…
It all depends on whether I connect the battery or not.
Fear not, Diesel will still be the eternal energy of choice for grey nomads towing their toilets around Australia to take a dump in any peaceful town they desire. You can't do that with solar panels on ya home roof.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The world has never transitioned to a low energy return on investment but I think we’ve got this.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 05 Oct 2023 8:10am The world has never transitioned to a low energy return on investment but I think we’ve got this.
California has long considered itself the most progressive state in the world, and so it goes without saying the fine citizens of California have bought the great EV con more than any other place in the world and so it is a great place to observe currently all of the significant issues related to the "energy transition". Starting with the introduction of restrictions on EV charging because the electricity distribution system cannot handle the load. But I believe the upgrade projects to power lines are in full swing...load up on copper and coal shares.

remember the EV con is coming from the same place of..."it stops transmission", not to be confused with "transition".

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of the EV con, remember the diesel con if the ‘90s and early ‘00s?

When people thought driving their heavy diesel around, was saving the planet?

Well, when all is said and done, St Kilda is sponsored by a Chinese state run and funded car company.

It’s beautiful.

We are the only footy team run edit ‘supported’ by the Chinese state!

And we are helping them as they have evidently run into a spot of bother in the US and it’s hurting them (read up)
So going (coming back after first f/up) to Aussie is a great move.

United150

What about Port with MG

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

United150 wrote: Thu 05 Oct 2023 1:01pm What about Port with MG
Don't get me started on the MG EV, the absolute definition of EV con job, not to mention the absolute definition of a lemon.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The triumph of the state..

Isn’t it good how we accept that markets and competition is the way forward?

While our auto-industries lay in ruins, smothered in guilt-laden cloak of subsidies and lack of competition?

And now the Cold War is over, and the free market has triumphed!

Yet in China, the auto market is state owned, fed and controlled by state coffers, rigged and regulated and making an absolute killing.!

Remember when they rejected catalytic converters?

Well anyway, I am clueless to how this world works and how they keep teaching supply/demand and market economics at our 101 Economics courses. Are you? Don’t you wonder? WTf?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10072804/