Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics

B.M wrote: Mon 24 Apr 2023 8:18pm Daicos was good

He moved to ball forward pretty effectively and we lost

Next time we will approach him differently
They ran out of legs BM.
Daicos didn't go far. The chances of them linking end to end possessions, without getting ahead of the ball and leaving us open to rebound was 10-1. Who had the most disposals was not at all relevant.
It was who could outlast who.
We kept our structure, they played our game, jumped us for 10 minutes and then fell in a heap.
If both teams make finals, they won't have improved in attack, as much as we will have.

ace
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 24 Apr 2023 6:57pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 1:25pm
meher baba wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:13am

I reckon around 80 per cent plus of posters on BF or SS over the past week wanted to drop one of Higgins or Butler and bring in Bytel or Sharman or someone. How does that idea look now?

I'll bet you that long after Sharman has been delisted there will still be supporters insisting he be selected to give us a tall marking option in the forward line and use his natural running patterns.

Looks like they are using Sharman as an outside receiver in defence at Sandy, probably trying to use his field kicking to be the outlet kick from stoppages.

Bytel working hard in the first quarter though.
They’re working on Sharman as being a replacement to Mason ( if needed ). Much improved stamina, can take a mark, and decent delivery. Forget the key forward stuff
Oh no, not running around the boundary (on the inside).

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I reckon around 80 per cent plus of posters on BF or SS over the past week wanted to drop one of Higgins or Butler and bring in Bytel or Sharman or someone. How does that idea look now?

I'll bet you that long after Sharman has been delisted there will still be supporters insisting he be selected to give us a tall marking option in the forward line and use his natural running patterns.

Looks like they are using Sharman as an outside receiver in defence at Sandy, probably trying to use his field kicking to be the outlet kick from stoppages.

They’re working on Sharman as being a replacement to Mason ( if needed ). Much improved stamina, can take a mark, and decent delivery. Forget the key forward stuff
Really interesting note. Are they happy with his progress Tony?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Look where they got their stats,
Chipping around the back third

What are the stats on the media under rating StKilda FC?
I'm looking at you Barrett, you little wanker
Must be killing him to write anything praiseworthy of our club after a preseason of vitriol

I hope we never give him a story

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I can't see him as a wingman, he lacks agility and a ground ball tool kit.

Trialling him in that postion does confirm one thing we already know, Ross won't play a player out of postion so if you haven't trained it...you ain't playing it.

Pleeeeeease peoples, stop with the suggestions Sharman can come into a Ross Lyon AFL side and play, back, ruck, forward, midfield whatever. And he definitely isn't replacing Cordy anytime soon.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

seems someone is finally on the Ross bandwagon

Fanboy ?

Took a bigger Sample size than most :)

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 8:44am seems someone is finally on the Ross bandwagon

Fanboy ?

Sample size is everything, reserving judgement for at least 2 years and/or one finals series, whatever comes first.

But so far I like what I see and Ross is doing things mostly how I would so he's gotten off to a good start.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 8:49am
The Fireman wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 8:44am seems someone is finally on the Ross bandwagon

Fanboy ?

Sample size is everything, reserving judgement for at least 2 years and/or one finals series, whatever comes first.

But so far I like what I see and Ross is doing things mostly how I would so he's gotten off to a good start.
well I for one saw the value of RTB's induction earlier than some ;) and don't need large sample sizes to realise when I'm on a good thing.

Surely you would enjoy the ride a little better if you embraced the fact that we are a "talented" side with a very good coach {coaches}
your negativity earlier got on everyone's nerves, you must have noticed that but it's good to see you finally coming around..

So now that RTB is doing what you would do we are all heading for a flag ?
you are quite brilliant lol

ace
Saintsational Legend

Fancy yourself as an AFL coach do you.
It should be you in the coaches box, then everything would be as you would.
Pity they didn't consider your application for the job.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 9:10am

Fanboy ?

well I for one saw the value of RTB's induction earlier than some ;) and don't need large sample sizes to realise when I'm on a good thing.

Surely you would enjoy the ride a little better if you embraced the fact that we are a "talented" side with a very good coach {coaches}
your negativity earlier got on everyone's nerves, you must have noticed that but it's good to see you finally coming around..

Still don't think this list will take us to the promised land.

Still a lot more testing to go, first one being see who can maintain the rage for a full H&A season especially through the coldest and hardest part of the season around June to August. Many players playing for theit careers like Byrnes who is doing OK but just. I've been proven right too many times with players having purple patches with misdirected motivations so I want a bigger sample size on that measure also. Dunstan is exhibit A.

Then there is the finals test, I'd be doubtful some of the current players are finals standard so I want to see how some of the current players perform in big games that matter.

Essentially I'm waiting to see how we go without a sugar hit after the honeymoon period subsides, that will be a measure of how far this list has developed but I still suspect it will look a lot different in 2 to 3 years time as Lyon probes for more quality.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 10:23am
Not particularly but I do find the game fairly simple to play and so Ross reaches out on a regular basis for my views.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fanboy ?

:roll: :roll:
arrogance...much.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 11:27am
Not particularly but I do find the game fairly simple to play and so Ross reaches out on a regular basis for my views.
What a f****** load of that brown smelly stuff. You realise no one believes any of your crap, so why sprout it. :roll: :roll:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 11:33am
What a f****** load of that brown smelly stuff. You realise no one believes any of your crap, so why sprout it. :roll: :roll:
That's not true, how could any of what is posted in an anonymous footy forum be unbelievable....especially my posts.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 11:23am

Fanboy ?

Still a lot more testing to go, first one being see who can maintain the rage for a full H&A season especially through the coldest and hardest part of the season around June to August. Many players playing for theit careers like Byrnes who is doing OK but just. I've been proven right too many times with players having purple patches with misdirected motivations so I want a bigger sample size on that measure also. Dunstan is exhibit A.

Then there is the finals test, I'd be doubtful some of the current players are finals standard so I want to see how some of the current players perform in big games that matter.

Essentially I'm waiting to see how we go without a sugar hit after the honeymoon period subsides, that will be a measure of how far this list has developed but I still suspect it will look a lot different in 2 to 3 years time as Lyon probes for more quality.
so basically what you are saying is that the teams accomplishments to date is a sugar hit ? You really can't see the talent can you, what a shame.
you continually beat your chest and tell everyone how right you are .......i have to ask...do you have any friends :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 11:36am
saynta wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 11:33am
That's not true, how could any of what is posted in an anonymous footy forum be unbelievable....especially my posts.
I am still waiting for you to honour your bets.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 12:07pm

Fanboy ?

so basically what you are saying is that the teams accomplishments to date is a sugar hit ? You really can't see the talent can you, what a shame.
you continually beat your chest and tell everyone how right you are .......i have to ask...do you have any friends :)

Big Hugs on this day of national importance Firey.

Try and have a beer and laugh today if you can and give thanks to those who serve us.

Let's come back another day for the bitch slapping though.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I am sick to death of hearing so called experts and armchair warriors saying that the Saints lack top end talent. To me that is bulls***. Nothing lacking at all. Best defence in the AFL, on top of the ladder with a huge injury list and an experienced if undervalued mid field.And they have some of the best teens in the country with a couple more waiting in the wings.

Saints will have difficulty fitting all its best players in the on field 22 when the injury list improves.

Already I am seeing the no talented/ignorant nuff nuffs trying to explain away their ignorance. Not washing with me.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 12:30pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 12:07pm

Fanboy ?

Big Hugs on this day of national importance Firey.

Try and have a beer and laugh today if you can and give thanks to those who serve us.

Let's come back another day for the bitch slapping though.
Sorry was just asking for a friend.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Fanboy ?

Yeah. Ross didn't shout the bar either.

He has put Sharman on the emergency list though. He isn't perfect.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 1:05pm

Fanboy ?

Ross calls me when he gets to picking the last spot for the emergencies and lets me call heads or tails for a flip of the coin to select from the contracted Sandy players, this week I called heads and it was tails so Coops made it on the list again. Not very scientific I know but Ross is a very pragmatic guy these days and is always saying beggars can't be choosers.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 1:13pm

Fanboy ?

Ross calls me when he gets to picking the last spot for the emergencies and lets me call heads or tails for a flip of the coin to select from the contracted Sandy players, this week I called heads and it was tails so Coops made it on the list again. Not very scientific I know but Ross is a very pragmatic guy these days and is always saying beggars can't be choosers.
Do you believe the crap you post or do just take all the rest of us for half wits?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Fanboy ?

Sharman will be our of contract in 2024. You're just way ahead of your time. What else could we say?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 1:16pm

Fanboy ?

Sharman will be our of contract in 2024. You're just way ahead of your time. What else could we say?
No . He is still contracted for 2024

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 1:18pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 25 Apr 2023 1:16pm

Fanboy ?

No . He is still contracted for 2024
I repeat. He will be out of contract in 2024.