Get Cripps.( Gallagher Poor)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Re: Get Cripps.( Gallagher Poor)

B.M wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 9:14pm A draftee like pick 26

Key Forward
M.Allison
to be fair, if you lok at the rest of that draft class there not much more of note

B.M
Saintsational Legend

My point is

A draftee is probably more risk

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Hope Cripper comes back! One of my faves

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 4:16pm Gallagher is very good. None of the criticisms above stand scrutiny.

I know when you take an ideological stance using facts contrary to your argument can be inconvenient, but how about a passing nod to the three draftees he managed to secure last year; Windhager, NWM and Owens are not too dusty and Hayes seems rather good. A premiership tall that can play forward or back, rarely out injured: what, you just pffft that while suggesting Bowes is a player worth $800k. Geelong don't want Bowes and have an aging group. They bought pick 7, the great raffle ticket.

Weideman and Schake are duds on the form from several campaigns. Dow is not up to standard.

Not sure what $800k player is being referenced. You could be right there. Who was he? Not Bowes? do you mean we should be paying Bowes $800k. Jimmy Webster might be miffed having to clean up after him all the time on the half back line and be paid half that.
Gags is the only list manager that would recruit Shaun Mc Kernan and James, i'm shot, Frawley, he should've been sacked after they failed. Proves a bank employee is not suited to the AFL. No wonder the club was/is trying for Hamstring Cripps, he at least has an AFL background.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 12:08am
Yorkeys wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 4:16pm Gallagher is very good. None of the criticisms above stand scrutiny.

I know when you take an ideological stance using facts contrary to your argument can be inconvenient, but how about a passing nod to the three draftees he managed to secure last year; Windhager, NWM and Owens are not too dusty and Hayes seems rather good. A premiership tall that can play forward or back, rarely out injured: what, you just pffft that while suggesting Bowes is a player worth $800k. Geelong don't want Bowes and have an aging group. They bought pick 7, the great raffle ticket.

Weideman and Schake are duds on the form from several campaigns. Dow is not up to standard.

Not sure what $800k player is being referenced. You could be right there. Who was he? Not Bowes? do you mean we should be paying Bowes $800k. Jimmy Webster might be miffed having to clean up after him all the time on the half back line and be paid half that.
Gags is the only list manager that would recruit Shaun Mc Kernan and James, i'm shot, Frawley, he should've been sacked after they failed. Proves a bank employee is not suited to the AFL. No wonder the club was/is trying for Hamstring Cripps, he at least has an AFL background.
Of course James has an AFL background, google him.
Dozens of players are delisted every year, plenty hopeless, do you judge those that recruited them therefore sackable.
If you can recall we were in dire straits without real options. Circumstances drove their temporary recruitment not druthers.
Be fair.