The one area we must dominate the Cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: The one area we must dominate the Cats

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 6:43pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 6:19pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 2:57pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 2:29pm What we need to do against Girl-long is give Danger and Hawkins a corkey so they can't run!!!
Do we really need the mysoginistic comment?
The Woke crowd can go and get stuffed. Ayers Rock is Ayers Rock, Golliwog is still a Golliwog and I will still say Ba Ba black sheep. Nobody is going to tell me what words I can use. If you don't like my language Life Long Saint feel free to place me on your Foe list.
I don't have a foe list, and I don't think I need to place you on it, but I will call out patently obvious displays of racism, homophobia, or misogyny.
You are allowed to be racist, sexist, and homophobic. That's your right to freedom of speech.
But freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence.

To be honest, I was under the impression that you are young and naive. But I am clearly wrong on that front. You are an attention seeking troll. That's at least two posts where you have indicated that we should deliberately injure opposition players. The other one was when you suggested that Ben Long deliberately take out Toby Greene.
It was just a piss take for FFS. Get over it!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 9:15pm Gir-long? Is misogynistic?

Aren’t we being a bit precious?
100% it's misogynistic. By definition, it's "strongly prejudiced against women".
Not a bit precious. By describing a male football team as girls, the poster is saying that women are lesser than men.
SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 9:15pm We are losing our sense of humour and it’s not good.
It might have been funny in the 60's and 70's but it's out of touch and not funny today.
Humour changes over time. There was a time when squinting your eyes and mixing your r's and l's around when talking was a funny impression of an Asian. It was also funny at one point to paint your face black and act a fool. Netiher of those are funny today.
Similarly, casually putting women down is not funny.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

To be honest, I was under the impression that you are young and naive. But I am clearly wrong on that front. You are an attention seeking troll.
I don’t want to enter into the topics of discussion about what’s politically correct or what’s funny or not and I haven’t read all the posts, but what I want to add is this. I think there are people who have more that 1 person using their login.

In other words, if I was an Essendon supporter I could register on saintsational and share my user Login with my son and give him my password, and we could both post here and we could both have fun stirring up Saints supporters.

I think it is possible for the posts from SE to belong to a young and naive person at the same time as being a bloke born in the 60’s with a 1960’s mentality.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 12:09pm
To be honest, I was under the impression that you are young and naive. But I am clearly wrong on that front. You are an attention seeking troll.
I don’t want to enter into the topics of discussion about what’s politically correct or what’s funny or not and I haven’t read all the posts, but what I want to add is this. I think there are people who have more that 1 person using their login.

In other words, if I was an Essendon supporter I could register on saintsational and share my user Login with my son and give him my password, and we could both post here and we could both have fun stirring up Saints supporters.

I think it is possible for the posts from SE to belong to a young and naive person at the same time as being a bloke born in the 60’s with a 1960’s mentality.
I think he is just having fun - at our expense - and some of it is pretty funny. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! lol. - But playing with fire. Already, the Collingwood Ayres Rock reference bit is jumping the shark in his own shark tank - it is ratcheting up the danger level. So I assume he is preparing to go out with a bang. If he does it gracefully cudos...If he is in fact just an alias of another poster who already posts - well that is another twister. Be prepared for some reverse swing.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:32am

100% it's misogynistic. By definition, it's "strongly prejudiced against women".
Not a bit precious. By describing a male football team as girls, the poster is saying that women are lesser than men.
SaintPav wrote: Wed 11 May 2022 9:15pm We are losing our sense of humour and it’s not good.
It might have been funny in the 60's and 70's but it's out of touch and not funny today.
Humour changes over time. There was a time when squinting your eyes and mixing your r's and l's around when talking was a funny impression of an Asian. It was also funny at one point to paint your face black and act a fool. Netiher of those are funny today.
It’s a silly sexist joke which has more than a kernel of truth to it but it’s not misogyny.

The other examples you have used are ridiculous and irrelevant.

I’m not into faux outrage and selective diversity.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 9:00pm

It’s a silly sexist joke which has more than a kernel of truth to it but it’s not misogyny.

The other examples you have used are ridiculous and irrelevant.

I’m not into faux outrage and selective diversity.

:wink:

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I feel empathy for the Palestine's & don't get me wrong I'm not being disrespectful but IMO these posts should be on the general forum as it has nothing to do with the St.Kilda Football Club .

SunnyErnie
Club Player

I will not change what I say or how I act just because the sookey lala’s of the world say this is not acceptable anymore. The PC people and the woke (whatever the f*** that means) people can GAGF

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Thu 12 May 2022 10:04pm I feel empathy for the Palestine's & don't get me wrong I'm not being disrespectful but IMO these posts should be on the general forum as it has nothing to do with the St.Kilda Football Club .
It was only posted in response to other irrelevant posts and examples that preceded it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.