Round 1 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Round 1 2022

Long season & not make or break. I don't see Collingwood as serious threat to be final 8 contenders but still a very competitive unit & first up win would be good for the confidence . At least it will give us a measure to see where we are really at but bring it on & I'm hoping our luck changes with injury last year it was horrendous . Go Sainters

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 8:56pm Long season & not make or break. I don't see Collingwood as serious threat to be final 8 contenders but still a very competitive unit & first up win would be good for the confidence . At least it will give us a measure to see where we are really at but bring it on & I'm hoping our luck changes with injury last year it was horrendous . Go Sainters

I think we can get the pies, but will we?

Easy enough for me to transpose my 18 on top of this lot but I'm completely ignorant about how they match up.
Anyone know? or have a clue?

July last, last quarter, they absolutely smashed us....a complete St KIlda meltdown. Luckily they were inaccurate, scoring 5.7.35 for we managed 0.2.2 !

We hung on to win by 9 points!

But we stand warned!

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Howe
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Crisp
C: Sidebottom - De Goey - Lipinski
F: Grundy - Adams - Pendlebury
HF: McCreery - Krueger - Mihocek
FF: Elliott - Cameron - WHE

Int: J Daicos, N Daicos, Henry, Ruscoe

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 9:40pm
bangaulegend wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 8:56pm Long season & not make or break. I don't see Collingwood as serious threat to be final 8 contenders but still a very competitive unit & first up win would be good for the confidence . At least it will give us a measure to see where we are really at but bring it on & I'm hoping our luck changes with injury last year it was horrendous . Go Sainters

Easy enough for me to transpose my 18 on top of this lot but I'm completely ignorant about how they match up.

July last, last quarter, they absolutely smashed us....a complete St KIlda meltdown. Luckily they were inaccurate, scoring 5.7.35 for we managed 0.2.2 !

But we stand warned!

Don't get me wrong SG I'm not confident at all & as stated they are a very decent team but if we are going to be a contender for the 8 these are the games we need to win :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 9:56pm

But we stand warned!

Don't get me wrong SG I'm not confident at all & as stated they are a very decent team but if we are going to be a contender for the 8 these are the games we need to win :wink:
I hear you Bangaulegend, I just hope it was our terrible fitness that let us down like that five months ago.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 10:11pm
bangaulegend wrote: Mon 06 Dec 2021 9:56pm

But we stand warned!

I hear you Bangaulegend, I just hope it was our terrible fitness that let us down like that five months ago.
Me too :wink: :)