Saints management is like Helicopter parents

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints management is like Helicopter parents

saintkid wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021 9:51pm
saynta wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021 9:12pm Saints showed a lot more fight than certain.posters I am not going to name.
????

Yeah, whatever you say. Collingwood have one bad season and the whole club is up for review. That's what professional clubs that are results oriented do.

We have several seasons of mediocrity and still the same 'we'll be right attitude' with little acountability.

The club needs a major shake-up, otherwise we will be in the doldrums for the next decade also.

Yep there ain't no accountability. Lots of spin and 'inclusiveness' but sfa accountability. Same people from the Richo era still driving the bus.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The doom and gloom is f****** over the top at the.moment.

At the weekend we should have beaten a top 8 side with half a Sandy team playing in the R W AND B.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021 1:22pm The doom and gloom is f****** over the top at the.moment.

At the weekend we should have beaten a top 8 side with half a Sandy team playing in the R W AND B.
I agree. We SHOULD have, except we didn't. I'm not questioning the effort, in fact that's not what this thread is about. It's the execution and then the excuses that are made afterwards. We were a top 8 team with aspirations of hopefully being top 4 this year. Even before injuries struck we've never really looked like it. The Cats game I thought we did but our kicking for goal was laughable. If it was an anomaly I reckon we could accept it as just one of those things, but last year aside this has been going on for 5 years! The inconsistency of not just execution, but effort, this year has been disgraceful. We are deservingly in the firing line of the media and we need to accept that.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Is it really that doom and gloomy here

I think most forumites here acknowledge that we have a really good core list that has been ravaged by injuries and exposed a serious lack of depth.

Personally I feel pretty optimistic about the future provided we make smart decisions. We’ll pbly miss the 8 this year but have the potential to bounce back hard

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021 1:29pm
saynta wrote: Tue 08 Jun 2021 1:22pm The doom and gloom is f****** over the top at the.moment.

I agree. We SHOULD have, except we didn't. I'm not questioning the effort, in fact that's not what this thread is about. It's the execution and then the excuses that are made afterwards. We were a top 8 team with aspirations of hopefully being top 4 this year. Even before injuries struck we've never really looked like it. The Cats game I thought we did but our kicking for goal was laughable. If it was an anomaly I reckon we could accept it as just one of those things, but last year aside this has been going on for 5 years! The inconsistency of not just execution, but effort, this year has been disgraceful. We are deservingly in the firing line of the media and we need to accept that.
No we don't. No one should just lie there and accept a kicking. If you have the tools or the clout to fight back, you should. Leffers did, and good on him. I say.

The media are arseholes. Always were and always will be. Will turn on you in an instance if it suits them. No morals, no scruples and no values. They don't give a rats arsehole who they hurt.

Before social media, they got away with murder now they don't like it if people hit back. Scummy way to earn a living IMHFO. But I consider them bottom feeders anyway.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021 8:56pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 07 Jun 2021 7:14pm It’s funny... I had this gripe in the latter part of the Richo regimen.

Unfortunately it extends to a large portion of the supporter base too.

Don’t criticise Richo
McCartin must be persevered with
Hannebery and Kent were great trades
Newnes is a future captain
Joyce “I can’t spoil from behind” is a defensive weapon

Some ppl here still sprout that stuff and make out that those of us that question are bad supporters

Embracing mediocrity IMO is what makes it worse
Agree with you Skeptic. They’ve lost me, the lot of them. Bassatt’s comments that our flag window opens next year - nothing wrong with what’s going on folks, everything’s okay.
Lethlean’s spin and excuses. The Hannebery trade and the spin and nepotism around that.
Ratten comes out before the last game and whines about the way the Saints are being portrayed in the media : “we’re 1 and 10 aren’t we. We don’t agree with the narrative that’s out there.” i.e. We’re 5 and 6 and not far off it (if you just park those 10 goal losses)
Finnis is still there.
Sexton is still there.
Recruiting team are essentially the same as the Richo era - sans he who chose Mr. McCartin.

Basically the club is being run by the same crew who let Richo drive us into a brick wall, denialism is king and everything’s okay coz we’re just one big family.
Well said. I must admit I've been expecting more from Bassett but continues to come up short in what I'd hoped would finally be a well run, well managed club that stopped making the same mistakes. Finally standing for something other than a history of mediocrity and hand wringing.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Apparently the media is to blame now.

Crikey I’d thought I’d heard it all

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Silence the critics by playing (and finishing) like professionals.
That's the only message regarding the media that the players need to hear.

The media are a gaggle of desperate hacks looking to take someone down every week.

They are a constant, a known quantity, there is no point engaging with them at all, until we have positive news to amplify.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
repta
Club Player

Best way ever to get a nick name to stick is getting your Mum to oppose it with the principal.

We now pronounce you Missy Higgins from this day forth .....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 11:06am Best way ever to get a nick name to stick is getting your Mum to oppose it with the principal.

We now pronounce you Missy Higgins from this day forth .....
We? I won't be.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Apropos Simon Lethlean criticizing the media for bestowing the nickname "Missy" on Jack Higgins after missing all those shots on goal, I would be very surprised if Jack himself was upset, quite the opposite as he is known to be quite a funny bloke. I'm sure that at some stage when he was growing up his mates would have called him "Missy" after the well known Australian recording artist. It is hardly an insult, just a play on names with someone more famous than Jack.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I like it, I think it's clever, appropriate and funny. Let's hope it becomes a nickname like Bluey or Curly, being the complete opposite.