Carlisle re-signs (Tom Browne; Tom Browne ...)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle re-signs (Tom Browne; Tom Browne ...)

bigcarl wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:02am
fugazi wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 7:17am Treloar cannot be made to sign with anyone.

Collingwood have made it impossible for them to keep him

Their TPP is out of control.

We should say that they need to pay $300,000 for every year of his contract and take a future second.
Even then I don’t want him. Good player, but we’d have to play him in the midfield every week, keeping Clark consigned to the HBF and Gresham to the forward pocket.

Not saying no to quality imports per se, just making the case for developing what we have already.

Any case, I believe Lethlean ruled Treloar out. Too costly.
Are you kidding me! I would trade out Gresham for Treloar. Gresham can't kick over a jam tin.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbob
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:02am
Gershwin wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:24am
ace wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:57pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:20pm I will also say that once Higgins is over the line we will turn our attention to Treloar as I mentioned in another post. He hasn't nominated us because we don't know if we can fit him in. If the Bulldogs take Lonie and Essendon take Hind, then all we would need to do is find a home for Webster.....Adelaide? If all these dominos fall into place then expect us to offer our first pick (which will be Richmond's actually), to Collingfilth for Treloar but that is on the proviso that the Pies pay $200,000 per year for the entire contract. How likely is this to happen? It will take a bloody miracle but that is what the plan is. Nobody has to believe me and if you want to take everything I am saying with a grain of salt then be my guest.
Webster has already said absolutely no to being traded to an Adelaide club.
He lives in Melbourne.

Roberton, Webster and Dunstan maybe on the table but they have contracts so only have to swap clubs if they want.
Other clubs are unlikely to improve on those contracts.
Tyres have been kicked but no-one has reached for their wallet yet.

Lonie & Hind may be tradeable.
Essendon have sniffed at Hind but Dildo is probably hoping the Saints will be forced to delist him.
Dildo will then have an orgasm as he grabs Hind as a delisted free agent.
Any word on McKenzie? Is contracted but unlikely to play Seniors. Surely he could be convinced to try elsewhere.
Convincing him isn’t the issue. Convincing another club to take him is though.

If only he could fix up his kicking.
Surely Richo could convince Melbourne to take McKenzie and Lonie, since he rated them so highly.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Staying on until the end of Trade period 2020. Unless I get banned beforehand. Fingers crossed I don't upset the moderators too much.
its not the moderators you should be worried about imo

it’s the punters on the board
who ark up
at the way you present things

maybe , look in that direction

then the nods wouldn’t need to get involved

anyways
good luck

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Snowy on a ‘yearly’
... thats PRESENTATION

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:52am
fugazi wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 7:17am Treloar cannot be made to sign with anyone.

We should say that they need to pay $300,000 for every year of his contract and take a future second.
Even then I don’t want him. Good player, but we’d have to play him in the midfield every week, keeping Clark consigned to the HBF and Gresham to the forward pocket.

Not saying no to quality imports per se, just making the case for developing what we have already.

Are you kidding me! I would trade out Gresham for Treloar. Gresham can't kick over a jam tin.
No, I am not kidding you at all. You saw what happened to our season when he fell over. No one creative in the middle. Also, Treloar is no great shakes when it comes to disposal. Maybe worse than Gresham. I’ve heard him described as a ball-butcher.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

When he said "too costly" he was referring to draft pick capital. We haven't got it and we don't want to trade future firsts. Treloar is a gun and with Crouch would transform us. All of a sudden - we don't only have just Steele that needs looking after; but also Jones, and Crouch, and Treloar ... then add Gresham and Hunter and Jack Higgins and perhaps Coff. It's not about keeping Clark out of the middle - it's about building a deeper midfield group to rotate. You simply cannot have enough midfielders in your group.

If we paid our first 2020 pick to the Pies for Treloar and the Pies paid $250K - PER ANNUM FOR THE LIFE OF HIS CURRENT 5 YEAR CONTRACT - then I'd do it. That would put him basically on the same $ as Crouch (and he's every bit as good as Crouch).

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:34am
SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:20pm I will also say that once Higgins is over the line we will turn our attention to Treloar as I mentioned in another post. He hasn't nominated us because we don't know if we can fit him in. If the Bulldogs take Lonie and Essendon take Hind, then all we would need to do is find a home for Webster.....Adelaide? If all these dominos fall into place then expect us to offer our first pick (which will be Richmond's actually), to Collingfilth for Treloar but that is on the proviso that the Pies pay $200,000 per year for the entire contract. How likely is this to happen? It will take a bloody miracle but that is what the plan is. Nobody has to believe me and if you want to take everything I am saying with a grain of salt then be my guest.
He lives in Melbourne.

Roberton, Webster and Dunstan maybe on the table but they have contracts so only have to swap clubs if they want.

Essendon have sniffed at Hind but Dildo is probably hoping the Saints will be forced to delist him.
Any word on McKenzie? Is contracted but unlikely to play Seniors. Surely he could be convinced to try elsewhere.

Surely Richo could convince Melbourne to take McKenzie and Lonie, since he rated them so highly.
We all get that you don’t like Lonie.

At worst he’ll be a back up player if Higgins comes.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:15pm If we paid our first 2020 pick to the Pies for Treloar and the Pies paid $250K - PER ANNUM FOR THE LIFE OF HIS CURRENT 5 YEAR CONTRACT - then I'd do it. That would put him basically on the same $ as Crouch (and he's every bit as good as Crouch).
I know they are in trouble with their salary cap, but that sounds an extremely unlikely solution for them.

saintbob
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:17pm
saintbob wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:34am
He lives in Melbourne.

We all get that you don’t like Lonie.

At worst he’ll be a back up player if Higgins comes.
If Higgins comes Lonie will not be at the club, we’ll withdraw the contract offer and he’ll end up in the preseason draft and I reckon that’s what the Bulldogs are banking on as they don’t want to pay for him.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:24pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:15pm If we paid our first 2020 pick to the Pies for Treloar and the Pies paid $250K - PER ANNUM FOR THE LIFE OF HIS CURRENT 5 YEAR CONTRACT - then I'd do it. That would put him basically on the same $ as Crouch (and he's every bit as good as Crouch).
I know they are in trouble with their salary cap, but that sounds an extremely unlikely solution for them.
Either way, we are not here to make Collingwood's problems go away, let alone pay for the privilege. Pass the popcorn please.

Forget Treloar, would rather throw good $$$ at Merrett next year whilst developing Clark, Bytel, Gresham, Byrnes and Higgins in our midfield.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:45pm
bigcarl wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:24pm
Either way, we are not here to make Collingwood's problems go away, let alone pay for the privilege. Pass the popcorn please.

Forget Treloar, would rather throw good $$$ at Merrett next year whilst developing Clark, Bytel, Gresham, Byrnes and Higgins in our midfield.
It turns out that Treloar is on $900K for the last 3 years of his present 5 year contract. Funnily enough - presuming DeGoey re-signs for 2 years ... that $900K pa money will kick in precisely at the time when DeGoey becomes a RFA and they'll need every penny to retain him.

It's pretty clear that Adam's market value is approx $700K-ish pa but that money he's owed from the old contracts that they smoothed into his new 5 year deal is what's making anyone taking over his deal prohibitive.

What I've heard is that every club who's spoken to Collingwood about potentially taking Treloar is that the Pies will have to pay AT LEAST $200K per annum over the life of his 5 year contract for anyone to take over his deal as none of Adam's potential new suitors haven't previously structured their own list cap structures to accommodate another player on $900K.

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPelican66
Club Player

asiu wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:51am
Staying on until the end of Trade period 2020. Unless I get banned beforehand. Fingers crossed I don't upset the moderators too much.

who ark up

anyways
good luck
Thanks for the headsup asiu. I only have 2 and a half days left on Saintsational now. It's sad really becuase I have been posting on here since the beginning which if my memory is correct was before 2000.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Actually it might have been mid 2000's. I think I am remembering the forerunner to Saintsational which was Saintsmania. :D Anyone remember?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

When Jake plays we win. He should get more love.

Saintmania
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 1:37pm Actually it might have been mid 2000's. I think I am remembering the forerunner to Saintsational which was Saintsmania. :D Anyone remember?
I do, that was my site. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 1:34pm

who ark up

anyways
good luck
Thanks for the headsup asiu. I only have 2 and a half days left on Saintsational now. It's sad really becuase I have been posting on here since the beginning which if my memory is correct was before 2000.
No Pelican you flew in on the 16 September 2020 at 7:23PM. (2 days before Vortex)
It says so every time in the left hand column whenever you post.
You are a mere club player with only 378 posts.
Last edited by ace on Tue 10 Nov 2020 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Brilliant!!! We didnt trade for a KPP in defense a replacement so keeping him is great news!!!

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Saintmania wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 3:19pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 1:37pm Actually it might have been mid 2000's. I think I am remembering the forerunner to Saintsational which was Saintsmania. :D Anyone remember?
I do, that was my site. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
OMG, does it still exist? What happened to it? There was another site at the time too. For the life of me I can't remember its name though.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

ace wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 3:27pm

who ark up

anyways
good luck
No Pelican you flew in on the 16 September 2020 at 7:23PM. (2 days before Vortex)
True, but I was NeXus Nick for many years prior to Pelican. And a couple of other nics too. :D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 3:51pm
ace wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 3:27pm

who ark up

anyways
good luck
True, but I was NeXus Nick for many years prior to Pelican. And a couple of other nics too. :D
Seriously, SP this is beyond the pale.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle re-signing to play another year at the Saints hasn't had any coverage in the media.

The Saints haven't posted this news on their website either, Is it True ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintPelican66
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:52am

I know this is just a forum and people post s*** however I couldn't let this one slide. How about you go and have a look at Gresham's goal kicking prowess prior to him being tried as a midfielder. I think you will find he can definitely kick over a jam tin. He was one of the best small forwards/goal sneaks in the comp at the age of 20. Your post is the most stupid post I have ever seen on Saintsational and there have been some rippers over the years.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:14pm Carlisle re-signing to play another year at the Saints hasn't had any coverage in the media.

I still can't believe they delisted Logan Austin. We was the perfect break glass emergency.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:49pm
Wayne42 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:14pm Carlisle re-signing to play another year at the Saints hasn't had any coverage in the media.

I still can't believe they delisted Logan Austin. We was the perfect break glass emergency.
They obviously think Clavarino will be more perfect. I guess.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Lethlean just said on trade radio Carlisle has yet to sign the contract that's been offered to him.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?