Jack Higgins nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Re: Jack Higgins nominates Saints

skeptic wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 8:59pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 8:47pm
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 6:45pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 6:01pm We are taking a very serious risk with a young man who's incurable condition could never reoccur or he could literally have a brain bleed so severe and swift he dies on field.

I dont reckon its worth it.
I don't quite understand this. Higgins has returned and played X number of games for the best team in the comp after his episode. I am sure the medical team, a team who has and is monitoring McCartin & Roberton. I've total faith in Higgins doctors & our doctors.

I think he can only improve us. He has plenty to prove.

I don't want anyone to think I don't like the lad. He has talent.

He also has a genetic condition called Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH), also known as cerebral bleed, is a type of intracranial bleed that occurs within the brain tissue or ventricles. Basically his blood vessels can weaken and burst, causing localised bleeding in his brain. Symptoms range from blurry vision and migraines to the rare - death. This will not go away. Its incurable but also may never reoccur in this severity again. It also can not be predicted like someone with diabetes can test blood sugars.

He had become quite wonky, missing targets by hand and foot as well as consuming a lot of analgesics. The club doctors pulled him aside only for him to admit it had been occurring for weeks. He went for a scan and the brain bleed was found resulting in two major surgeries.
He did recover which is awesome. Next time he might not.
This is the thing, its more than a calculated risk, it is known he gets brain bleeds and could permanently affect his life.
Is the affected by playing football.

I mean obviously a head knock is one thing but is the condition aggravated by intensive exercise?

Is it something that he perhaps had to get better at managing or does he essentially live with it and it happens when he does?
Head knocks etc do not aggravate or cause. He could be a teacher and get the same outcome. Stress, etc do not increase likelihood.

It seriously may never happen. Many people with this condition have zero incidence.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 4:54pm Well we have a new milney for the song!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
ace
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 8:26pm Hopefully he will bring that ability to break the rules and get away with it as per his "throwing the ball round the post" goal!
I am not sure that the commentators understand the rule.
I think the umpires got it right.

I have seen many occasions where the ball has been thrown to the foot.
Guys on their back will throw the ball toward their boot.
If you don't hit the ball with your boot it is "a throw".
Note he did not recatch the ball.

I have even seen guys throw the ball at the ground to have it bounce and then re catch it.
Is that "a throw".
I have even seen players drop the ball to the ground then after it has bounced, kick it (called a drop kick).

The relevant rule is Incorrect disposal.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.