You heard it here first. <Treloar rumour 0/3>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: You heard it here first..................

damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 6:00pm
remboy wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:35pm
damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:24pm Didn’t Lethlean rule Treloar out as a trade target? What’s changed? Genuine question.
Somebody posted something on a football forum. Seems to be as accurate as most of the stuff that ends up in the media.
Not quite. Lethlean said it on trade radio. It is on the public record that we are not chasing Treloar. Hence my question, what has changed?
Exactly. We aren’t interested in him. People just like to speculate at this time of year.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:11pm We need some proven ITK clarification.

Ted can you confirm?
Ted, dear boy, has left the building. Kudos BFUSA & KFT.

tedtheodorelogan2018 (3/3)
- continually commenting on another poster
- inappropriate post using a sexually explicit term
- culturally inappropriate post

johnnyrayflamingo (3/3) aka tedtheodorelogan2018
- trolling
- deliberate baiting and trolling
- trolling

Johnearljames (3/3) aka tedtheodorelogan
- trolling
- trolling
- spamming

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 3:34pm
What I am hearing is if Collingfilth pay $200,000 per year for the full 5 years we will offer them our first pick.
What had been indicated early on was that they would pay $200K in Year one and not for the full 5 years.

Pies doing that for all 5 years would be new.

Also Hawks are evidently keen on gaining Treloar. They cannot land anyone at present and so Treloar with few options may help them to get a good player in..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 7:04pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 6:55pm
damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 6:00pm
remboy wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:35pm
damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:24pm Didn’t Lethlean rule Treloar out as a trade target? What’s changed? Genuine question.
Somebody posted something on a football forum. Seems to be as accurate as most of the stuff that ends up in the media.
Not quite. Lethlean said it on trade radio. It is on the public record that we are not chasing Treloar. Hence my question, what has changed?
What's changed is we know the Crowlice were bluffung now and we are getting Crouch as a Free Agent. We suspected that would be the case but didn't know for sure until today. I'm just the messenger. Make of that what you will. Don't shoot the messenger.
Not shooting the messenger at all. Lethlean also said we couldn't afford Treloar. Just asking the how question.
Plus Lethlean indicated that we did not have the cap space nor the trade capital for it to happen.

So Pies would have to take little, and Treloar to settle for a lot les than he is currently on.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
silverhalo
Club Player

Treloar is a terrific player but I'd be worried about his ability to cope with having his family living in another state. He has already acknowledged the fact that he has had a tough battle with anxiety issues in the past

suss
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 9:04pm Treloar is a terrific player but I'd be worried about his ability to cope with having his family living in another state. He has already acknowledged the fact that he has had a tough battle with anxiety issues in the past
My Collingwood mate tells me that’s why they are keen to let him go, that and the massively back-ended contract.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Treloar would be a great recruit but I have a serious distrust of Collingwood - I hope our recruiters and medicos have a thorough look at him before we commit.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Most pies fans say it’s nothing to do with the family, all to do with the hammies

I love him as a player but we don’t need another 5-10 games a season player do we?..

#1 Ryder fan
SaintPelican66
Club Player

The Crowlice are getting so desperate they actually leaked false news that they matched.

minneapolis
Club Player

No way on earth would Collingwood pay $200,000 for 5 years.

Pass.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 9:31pm Most pies fans say it’s nothing to do with the family, all to do with the hammies

I love him as a player but we don’t need another 5-10 games a season player do we?..
Nope. He’ll also be 28 at the start of next season. Massive risk to take on another player in the final third of their career on huge coin.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020 3:02am
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 9:31pm Most pies fans say it’s nothing to do with the family, all to do with the hammies

Nope. He’ll also be 28 at the start of next season. Massive risk to take on another player in the final third of their career on huge coin.
Ummm, yeah. Let's give the cash to Robbo, Webster or we could get Newnes back. What is Mav Weller doing?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’m still in the ‘get him’ camp

if it makes us a better footy side

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Consider this, Collingwood scraped into the 8 and yet do not consider Treloar a required player. Adam peaked about 5 years ago, he is now 27ish. Has serious performance anxiety issues (well no one's perfect); questions about disposal - which is an issue if you get the ball a lot as it can mean a lot of turnovers. Labelled hard to coach and senior Pies are not fans. Seems expensive. Any red flags there? Its a buyers market, really why bother. I think the OP is a wind up, if for no other reason than the Club seems to be moving on players that are high maintenance rather than courting them and we are getting Mr Crouch - who simply hangs out with bad company, occasionally. Easily fixed. And our recruiting is far better than seriously considering Adam.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Sounds good in theory but I'd be very surprised if our first pick is used for trading.
There is a fair bit of hysteria around Ben King but I reckon Ben will honour his contract with Gold Coast, meaning we wouldn't really get him until the end of 2022, if at all.
I think we will end up with Crouch, Higgins and a tall utility, currently unknown plus back up ruckman, hopefully, a younger one than McKernan.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol

this is a fairly tough period
for the rusted on Saints fan

i am so looking forward
to our mob putting other peoples mob
to the sword

and , crucially , consistently.

oh what a happy little supporter i shall be

i’ll certainly end up with less friends
but
i’m willing to take one for the team

c’mon season 21 ... i’m bored already :P

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

WHY on so many levels...
WHY would Treloar agree to a reduced contract?
WHY should Collingwood expect draft picks for him if they do not wish to pay him and play him?
WHY would another team take on a heavily back ended contract whilst giving up first round picks (if St Kilda) to a club in a similar position on the ladder.
WHY would St Kilda assist a side they have just overtaken? Especially when it will stop them going backwards???
Only take Treloar if Collingwood do pay $200K of his salary for the remainder of the contract & do not offer a draft pick. Otherwise Collingwood can keep him and enjoy the fallout that will continue for 4 years plus.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020 8:47am Sounds good in theory but I'd be very surprised if our first pick is used for trading.
There is a fair bit of hysteria around Ben King but I reckon Ben will honour his contract with Gold Coast, meaning we wouldn't really get him until the end of 2022, if at all.
I think we will end up with Crouch, Higgins and a tall utility, currently unknown plus back up ruckman, hopefully, a younger one than McKernan.
Too logical saintmike65, you are banished from this site!

According to family members Ben will honor his current contract and will have no shortage of suitors in VIC should he wish to return home in the future.

I have no doubt a freshly drafted Ben King would have loved to have joined the Saints with his brother, but the longer he is away and matures the less likely it becomes. The other influence will be success at the Suns, if they become a challenger it becomes more unlikely and the marketing bonus he receives at GC that would not be available in a VIC club.

I recall how after spending time at the Scumbaggers how devastated BJ was when Carlton were penalized their draft selections for Salary cap breaches, and how the talk was he'd do two years at St Kilda then leave for Carlton but that never eventuated.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

agree with all that

he might come on FA
to fulfil ‘the’ dream ... if there is one
but thats years away

file ben in the forget that dept

damienc
Club Player

I know Lethlean has ruled it out.

I know, that in all likelihood we can't afford him, but....there will never be a better opportunity to grab Adam Treloar than right at this moment.

Just saying.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

We can't afford what Collingwood expect to be given for him.

The other question why is Collingwood so keen to get rid of him? Can't be purely for salary cap reasons.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

bigred wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:00pm Yeah I'm calling bullshyt.

You heard it here first.
Crouch is ours and now we have turned our attention to Treloar. Still calling it bullshyt bigred? Apology accepted.

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Who exactly is reporting that we have turned our attention to Adam Treloar?

I have not seen anything

SaintPelican66
Club Player

The odds now of us getting Treloar are 80%. The only other team that might beat us is Hawthorn. There is a sneaky feeling that Treloar will nominate us on Monday. Stay tuned.

damienc
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 3:34pm After 5pm on Wednesday when the trade for Crouch has gone through we will be turning our attention full on to Treloar.
What I am hearing is if Collingfilth pay $200,000 per year for the full 5 years we will offer them our first pick. It is currently 17 but will most probably end up around 21 after all the F/S and Academy compensations.

Are we happy with this? I am.
Having cast doubt on your revelation, I am now wondering if this could play out after all.

Despite the club saying we couldn't afford him, there will never be an opportunity like this to recruit one of the best midfielders' in the competition.

An AFL club is going to grab Treloar. He won't be playing for the filth ever again.

Part of me says we won't be trading for him.

The other part says watch this space.