Is it our midfield?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Is it our midfield?

saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:27pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:03pm
saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 11:19am We need Hanners back in the side.
We most definitely agree on this. His vision opens up the game for the likes of Billings and Hill to tear the wings apart. And he still executes his skills brilliantly.
f***. Now that IS a first. :wink:
Not really - I thank you quite a bit for some of your comments and I agree with your views on a number of matters. Ross' effectiveness and output is not one of them that's all. That's ok though - we all have different views and it's a forum - an opinion is neither right nor wrong.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:56pm
We most definitely agree on this. His vision opens up the game for the likes of Billings and Hill to tear the wings apart. And he still executes his skills brilliantly.
Not really - I thank you quite a bit for some of your comments and I agree with your views on a number of matters. Ross' effectiveness and output is not one of them that's all. That's ok though - we all have different views and it's a forum - an opinion is neither right nor wrong.

Unfortunately I don't go back over my old posts so i don't have a clue about "thanks" . But thank you all the same. I will never agree with the bad mouthing of Seb but hey, don't let that affect you. I know it won't . Neither of us is going to change. Personal adverse comments basically have been eliminated and that's a good thing. Whilst I read all comments, I am not affected by snide or unfair digs. I am big and ugly enough to look after myself.

Some posters, two in particular, I just ignore and have done for years, and that is for the benefit of this forum. Ugly continuous disputes do no credit to anyone.That is a hard earned lesson for me.

Go Sainters. Anyone would think we are where the crows are.

Sanctorum
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 4:32pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:56pm

Unfortunately I don't go back over my old posts so i don't have a clue about "thanks" . But thank you all the same. I will never agree with the bad mouthing of Seb but hey, don't let that affect you. I know it won't . Neither of us is going to change. Personal adverse comments basically have been eliminated and that's a good thing. Whilst I read all comments, I am not affected by snide or unfair digs. I am big and ugly enough to look after myself.

Some posters, two in particular, I just ignore and have done for years, and that is for the benefit of this forum. Ugly continuous disputes do no credit to anyone.That is a hard earned lesson for me.

Go Sainters. Anyone would think we are where the crows are.

Glad to see you two have "made up", life's too short to get into endless disputes :D As for this topic, the answer is an obvious "yes", the midfield is paramount to any team's performance.

Right now as others have observed the Saints are short one elite midfielder, but I see great potential in both Clark and Coffield to add to Steele's emergence as a genuine skilled midfielder.

It occurred to me watching recent games how well Nick Coffield is coming along, playing in defence. He's not yet 21 and played only 24 games but I can see him developing into another Fyfe, Cripps or Bontempelli, he has great hands, disposes effectively and reads the game exceptionally well - his intercept marks in defence have saved many a goal.

I rate him as the current "most improved" player this year and will surely get to run in the midfield at some stage.

Likewise his fellow 2017 draftee Hunter Clark is looking good, reminds me a bit of Lenny Hayes and if he manages that then the Saints midfield will be formidable: Steele, Jones, Clark, Hannebery, Hill, Billings and Coffield, with Long and Gresham as backups.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist