Young Saints on cusp of signing new deals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: Young Saints on cusp of signing new deals

SO the Future Fest is done...officially! and no Weller...the plot thickens...insiders now's your chance to get an exclusive ;-)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The funny thing is it seems the coaches were Weller fans. It makes little sense to me that Minchington and Shenton were upgraded and Weller wasn't.
Why not? Minch and Shents couldn't stay another year on the rookie list so if we had any hope they'd improve we needed to upgrade them. Weller can be on the rookie list next year so why not leave him there? A bit harsh on the guy maybe, but if he takes another step next year he's a monty for upgrade.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The funny thing is it seems the coaches were Weller fans. It makes little sense to me that Minchington and Shenton were upgraded and Weller wasn't.
Why not? Minch and Shents couldn't stay another year on the rookie list so if we had any hope they'd improve we needed to upgrade them. Weller can be on the rookie list next year so why not leave him there? A bit harsh on the guy maybe, but if he takes another step next year he's a monty for upgrade.

I never get this couldn't stay stuff. They are just delisted and re rookied. I reckon you could take a punt neither would have been taken by another club. Weller finished top 10 in the B&F. Not a bad effort in 16 games.