Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 14 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 14 2019

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 8:09pm How many times has Armitage turned it over
To be fair we’ve all known he’s been cooked for some time......only saints hierarchy haven’t worked that out...

“Yeah….nah””
stkfc1
Club Player

We looked like a team that had just played two away games (and I mean away, away) in stinking hot conditions. We were always going to run out of legs but we had plodders in the midfield with Ross, Hanneres, and Dunstan. Our skills are insipid but also, we just look tired.
Im really not surprised by the result.
Either way, this group is mentally cooked. There has to be a circuit breaker and that means change.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 6:05pm .. the shutters kick ...
Is this short hand for he shuts his eyes when he kicks - because I sure as hell do!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 8:17pm What an absolute insipid effort.
Our players are so overated its not funny s*** disposal skills etc..
We have sacked coaches recruited poorly time after time.As a long time suffering supporter i am just over it and see no improvement in the near future.
People are crying out to sack the coach if we dont have the cattle what wil that achieve.
No wonder we cannot recruit A grade players who wants to play for St.Kilda.let alone coach us.

Absolute rubbish.
It's the whole chicken and the egg argument.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:21pm We looked like a team that had just played two away games (and I mean away, away) in stinking hot conditions. We were always going to run out of legs but we had plodders in the midfield with Ross, Hanneres, and Dunstan. Our skills are insipid but also, we just look tired.
Either way, this group is mentally cooked. There has to be a circuit breaker and that means change.
Sorry stkfc1 but that out is way to easy. I appreciate the place where that is coming from but we've not been playing away games for 35 weeks straight.

stkfc1
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:32am
stkfc1 wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:21pm We looked like a team that had just played two away games (and I mean away, away) in stinking hot conditions. We were always going to run out of legs but we had plodders in the midfield with Ross, Hanneres, and Dunstan. Our skills are insipid but also, we just look tired.
Sorry stkfc1 but that out is way to easy. I appreciate the place where that is coming from but we've not been playing away games for 35 weeks straight.

Absolutely, and it wasnt supposed to be an easy out. I was just emphasising that the last two weeks would have taken its toll but that doesn't change the nucleus of the problem that is that our coach cant turn this group around. He knows it, they know it, so there needs to be a change as as you cant sack players! Its the coach that has to change. I'd say the CEO that reinstated him may want to follow him as well.

saintadamski
Club Player

Our list is poor...no coach could win with it....and I'm not defending Richo in any way

As for worst on ground yesterday... Newnes.

Newnes will play next week, and all the weeks after that...

He stands like a spectator on the outside of the contest, neither knowing what to do, nor willing to do it.

He rarely, if ever wins a 1 on 1 , and offers nothing apart from a pretty fringe of blonde hair.

This club is a basket case, perpetually making bad decisions, from recruiting, to coaching, to match committee.

Newnes , and his weekly circus of insipid 'football' or whatever you call what he does, is a sad manifestation of the current soul and running of this club.

Change is desperately required.

silverhalo
Club Player

I haven't left a game before the final siren for many many years but had to go at three quarter time after that totally insipid third quarter; I felt sick in the guts. It was amazing how many Saints supporters had the same idea, it was a mass exodus and I dare say quite a few won't be back next week.

Can't be good for sponsors, memberships, attracting free agents when you're serving up this sort of crap - not sure if the coach will hang on to his job this week, the tipping point might be the Geelong game in a few weeks - I shudder to think how much we'll lose that by.

Something needs to change, and quickly.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 5:13pm I haven't left a game before the final siren for many many years but had to go at three quarter time after that totally insipid third quarter; I felt sick in the guts. It was amazing how many Saints supporters had the same idea, it was a mass exodus and I dare say quite a few won't be back next week.

Can't be good for sponsors, memberships, attracting free agents when you're serving up this sort of crap - not sure if the coach will hang on to his job this week, the tipping point might be the Geelong game in a few weeks - I shudder to think how much we'll lose that by.

Something needs to change, and quickly.
club needs to read this post.