Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

All the ITKs have gone to ground!

#1 Ryder fan
The Recruit
Club Player

This is massive Swallow and Riewoldt....always had the feeling Jack was on table...if so still a chance at the saints..?

Also Tigers will have an exodus

Riewoldt and deledio and vickery...they will be bottom 100%...might trade Rance at this rate..:)

Jaxons i see u logged in! Any little rumors for us after a big first day of trade period!
Last edited by The Recruit on Mon 10 Oct 2016 9:17pm, edited 4 times in total.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Cats didn't have a single player under 23yo in their prelim final side. Think about that for a minute.
You remove Selwood and PDF from that side and they are a bottom 4 side. Both these guys played 24 games in 2016. Every single game. Enright played 23.

As much as everyone has heaped praise on the cats for never bottoming out etc etc - i think all they have done is kick the can down the road a few km. The cliff is coming.
They finished 11th in 2015, didn't they?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:It might be nice for our ITKs to give us a brief update on proceedings.

Plenty happening on trade day 1 but nothing at all involving St Kilda that we know of or has been said publicly. Not even rumour or speculation.

Bains had nothing to say on trade radio even though he was interviewed.

Someone must know something. A bit of caring and sharing might be in order.
I don't know what people expect.

We might only do one deal. Maybe even less than that. Do people want a new rumor every day?

I'm assuming Steele still wants to come to us and we are still trying to get that deal done.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saw that rumour earlier recruit

Tigers get reemed and north get away like bandits. Also given Ty is Gawn the tigers would literally have no forwards if j roo was to be traded.
I think it is rubbish

#1 Ryder fan
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:This is massive Swallow and Riewoldt....always had the feeling Jack was on table...if so still a chance at the saints..?

Riewoldt and deledio and vickery...they will be bottom 100%...might trade Rance at this rate..:)

Jaxons i see u logged in! Any little rumors for us after a big first day of trade period!
If North are now rebuilding through youth, why would they go after JR?

The AFL TradeWhisperer is a bulls*** artist.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Recruit
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
The Recruit wrote:This is massive Swallow and Riewoldt....always had the feeling Jack was on table...if so still a chance at the saints..?

If North are now rebuilding through youth, why would they go after JR?

The AFL TradeWhisperer is a bulls*** artist.
Seems unlikely.......will believe it when i see it!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:Stanley, Smith, S Selwood, Clark, Caddy, Henderson, Dangerfield.

Would nearly all be best 22, maybe bar Clark… that's not a bad return from mature trade-ins.
Not sure about that. Stanley, S.Selwood, Clark, Henderson - don't reckon they'd be in there necessarily. If they were they'd be bottom half of the team players. Stanley wouldn't get a game with is now. Hickey is better than Clark. Selwood and Henderson.......nothing stand out about those guys. Dangerfield goes alright. Reckon the Cats are close to cooked for a while. They're looking at Wells I heard. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Six out of those seven played in the cats prelim a few weeks ago which suggest they are definitely best 22, surely?

Maybe. Depends on team structure. Someone posted the Geelong top 1- B&F in another thread. Might have been WW.

1. Patrick Dangerfield – 253
2. Joel Selwood – 238
3. Corey Enright – 234.5
4. Cameron Guthrie – 229
5. Harry Taylor – 214
6. Mark Blicavs – 201
7. Tom Hawkins – 196
8. Mitch Duncan – 190
9. Tom Lonergan – 173.5
10. Zac Smith – 172.5

Smith made the top ten but none of the others. None of those seven apart from PD and Duckwood would necessarily displace players in our best 22. Agree with others who reckon the Cats are heading for a drop.

stonecold
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:All the ITKs have gone to ground!
Yeah, come on Jax, you tell us about the big trade, that I know about, you should know, as your in the know mate!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Yeah, come on Jax, you tell us about the big trade, that I know about, you should know, as your in the know mate!!!!!
Perhaps you could tell us then instead?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Wombat15
Club Player

Only day 1 of trade period so not expecting the ITK sources to update me/us every 20 minutes.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Perhaps you could tell us then instead?
Yeah. Good idea. Let's hear it.

jaxons
Club Player

Yes that this one is crap!

jaxons
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
PM me or share it on here I will confirm its accuracy for you!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:
st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:Stanley, Smith, S Selwood, Clark, Caddy, Henderson, Dangerfield.

Would nearly all be best 22, maybe bar Clark… that's not a bad return from mature trade-ins.
Not sure about that. Stanley, S.Selwood, Clark, Henderson - don't reckon they'd be in there necessarily. If they were they'd be bottom half of the team players. Stanley wouldn't get a game with is now. Hickey is better than Clark. Selwood and Henderson.......nothing stand out about those guys. Dangerfield goes alright. Reckon the Cats are close to cooked for a while. They're looking at Wells I heard. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Six out of those seven played in the cats prelim a few weeks ago which suggest they are definitely best 22, surely?

Maybe. Depends on team structure. Someone posted the Geelong top 1- B&F in another thread. Might have been WW.

1. Patrick Dangerfield – 253
2. Joel Selwood – 238
3. Corey Enright – 234.5
4. Cameron Guthrie – 229
5. Harry Taylor – 214
6. Mark Blicavs – 201
7. Tom Hawkins – 196
8. Mitch Duncan – 190
9. Tom Lonergan – 173.5
10. Zac Smith – 172.5

Smith made the top ten but none of the others. None of those seven apart from PD and Duckwood would necessarily displace players in our best 22. Agree with others who reckon the Cats are heading for a drop.
Now you are arguing about completely different things, I'm not talking about those players being top ten on their list… but they were in their 22 picked after finishing 2nd and playing a prelim.

I'm not suggesting that those players would be good for our list either, but they have picked the right players to fill needs on their list and I think a top 4 finish is a pretty impressive return when I thought they were on the way down too.

It will be interesting to see how they look with Deledio & Tuohy in the mix, both guns IMO. I would rather those two over Koby Stevens & Nathan Brown FWIW.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Cats didn't have a single player under 23yo in their prelim final side. Think about that for a minute.
You remove Selwood and PDF from that side and they are a bottom 4 side. Both these guys played 24 games in 2016. Every single game. Enright played 23.

As much as everyone has heaped praise on the cats for never bottoming out etc etc - i think all they have done is kick the can down the road a few km. The cliff is coming.
Yes. 11th out of 18 isnt that bad though. They then rose to 3rd and the media lavished praise on them because they didnt bottom out and rebuilt brilliantly etc.
I believe the real cliff is yet to come and what we are seeing now is the 'dead cat bounce' to use the stock market parlance.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

10th

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Any updates? Hit sticky spots getting Jacky Steele to the club Jaxons? Will he be part of a bigger deal? Is the club sniffing around Eric McKenzie at all? Is Eli on the table?

ace
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Saw that rumour earlier recruit

Tigers get reemed and north get away like bandits. Also given Ty is Gawn the tigers would literally have no forwards if j roo was to be traded.
I think it is rubbish
You would think that giving up Vickery, J Riewoldt and Delidio would send the Tiger supporters absolutely beserk.
They could end up the only club ever to have negative membership.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Yes. 11th out of 18 isnt that bad though. They then rose to 3rd and the media lavished praise on them because they didnt bottom out and rebuilt brilliantly etc.
I believe the real cliff is yet to come and what we are seeing now is the 'dead cat bounce' to use the stock market parlance.

I never buy a dead cat bounce.

Not buying this one.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
ace wrote:
DownAtTheJunction wrote:You'd have to think that it'd be tough for the Hawks to get both Mitchell and O'Meara. I expect they will, but it must be a tight thing. So pushing our Pick 10 at Sydney for Mitchell would make sense. If nothing else it potentially pumps up the price the Hawks have to pay. And pay they will. But should the cost become too difficult, then O'Meara (rather than Mitchell) might not be viable - Mitchell is far easier to get. It's conceivable that O'Meara may come back into the trading room.
I hope we screw Hawthorn up big time in retaliation for what Clarkson did to us in our bid for Carlisle.
That pissed me off.....jerk..last ditch effort thinking visit from him would change Carlisle mind...I would be ropable if i was richo..

Never forget,never forgive is a good motto in football.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
ace wrote:
DownAtTheJunction wrote:You'd have to think that it'd be tough for the Hawks to get both Mitchell and O'Meara. I expect they will, but it must be a tight thing. So pushing our Pick 10 at Sydney for Mitchell would make sense. If nothing else it potentially pumps up the price the Hawks have to pay. And pay they will. But should the cost become too difficult, then O'Meara (rather than Mitchell) might not be viable - Mitchell is far easier to get. It's conceivable that O'Meara may come back into the trading room.
I hope we screw Hawthorn up big time in retaliation for what Clarkson did to us in our bid for Carlisle.
That pissed me off.....jerk..last ditch effort thinking visit from him would change Carlisle mind...I would be ropable if i was richo..

Never forget,never forgive is a good motto in football.
I just hope GC and Swans hold firm. Adding Vickery, Titch and a (potentially) fit JOM keeps those pricks in the 8. The least those two clubs can do is to make them pay up.

I think Titch is an interesting case, I have a hunch that Carlton may put their hat in the ring once the shock of losing Gibbs subsides. Day one down and already the goalposts have moved for a few clubs, Carlton especially. Suddenly their best midfielder and one of their highest money earners has walked out on them, opens the door for an upgraded offer. Family connections and good money is the Mitchell incentive, we all know Tom is motivated by dollars. So if we don't force Hawthorns hand, I hope he goes to Carlton (or at least the enter the ring).

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Any truth to the rumour that we offered up pick 10 for Mitchell?

Just to make life difficult for Hawthorn after their late crack at Carlisle last year that made us use pick 5?

EDIT...NVM...already being discussed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:Any truth to the rumour that we offered up pick 10 for Mitchell?

Just to make life difficult for Hawthorn after their late crack at Carlisle last year that made us use pick 5?

EDIT...NVM...already being discussed.
Tbh, it's just a rumour probably thought up by a few vindictive fans! Whether there is truth to it or not who knows, but I doubt it will come out during the trade period unless Ameet says so.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't need to be vindictive or personal, we should be doing this with every quality player that is potentially on the move, I'm sure it happens with most players we trade for.

How on earth Hawthorn get 2 gun ready-t- go mids when they have no decent picks will be interesting.