Dermie Suggesting Senior Players Running Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermie Suggesting Senior Players Running Club

In the aftermath of the Watters dismissal I heard Brereton crapping on about the Saints, and put most of his outburst down to loyalty to a mate, as "reasoned and calm" it wasn't! I almost choked on my afternoon tea when I heard him say the following: (not verbatim but as near as I can remember it) "in my footballing career the three greatest football thinkers that I've been associated with are: Rocket Eade, Terry Wallace and Scott Watters" I think THAT statement alone puts anything this person has to say into its proper context.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermie Suggesting Senior Players Running Club

Blooding young guys, without senior players all around them is not ideal.

Even if the senior players aren't quite up to it, it still takes the heat off the young guys early in their career.

The clubs over the years, that have had the best success in blooding young guys and fast tracking their development are the ones that have blooded them whilst they still have decent senior players in the team.

So I wouldn't be expecting, nor hoping for line ups over the next couple of seasons that contain only kids whilst all the experience fades out in the 2s.