I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

starsign
Club Player

Re: I'm speechless

thejiggingsaint wrote:I have an idea.............I know some may think its crazy, but just hear me out: Why not accept that the board have decided that Mr Williams is not the successful candidate for the position of senior coach at the St Kilda Football Club, and have opted for Mr Richardson. Why not put aside preconceptions/assumptions/presumptions about what kind of working relationship the new coach (whoever it may be) will have with Mr Pelchen. Has ANYONE here entertained (for even a nano second) that the coach and head of football may JUST become a great combination? Is that kind of thinking allowed here? Or do I have to become one of those who see nothing but gloom ahead? Don't worry, it won't deter me from sticking fast with the club, I've had to sit near to these sorts at the game from time to time. I'm backing the coach whoever it is! I'm backing the CLUB!
GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest) :D
Good one old M8 And maybe Spuds three pence worth re the worth of a broad and lengthy apprenticeship struck a resounding note somewhere

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Some very funny stuff on here. I also didnt know people on this board knew so much about how the meeting with the prospective coaches went. The way i see it is the people who interviewed them have more information than us. That may or may not mean they make the right decision but they at least know more than everyone on here. We can complain all we like about the process. The funny thing is many were complaining there was no process as Williams was over the line. Now that Richardsons got it the process isnt good enough. Lets get on board. Nothing will change about this appointment by whinging. We have no choice but to hope this guy is the next RL and not the next SW.

starsign
Club Player

Just finished reading the 7 pages and my, as someone earlier mentioned there really are some drama queens on here it's easy to pick those you would rather have beside you in the trenches ! Now here's a theory from left field to ponder (actually I have very reliable info from a mate who has a mate who has been seeing the boot-studders missus, but don't tell anyone)
The club hocked the 66 drinking vessel and put the dough on Richo at tens earlier on to help alleviate the cash flow problem ... I recon the games all about the almighty dollar now. And sports betting is killing it as well !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Just finished reading the 7 pages and my, as someone earlier mentioned there really are some drama queens on here it's easy to pick those you would rather have beside you in the trenches ! Now here's a theory from left field to ponder (actually I have very reliable info from a mate who has a mate who has been seeing the boot-studders missus, but don't tell anyone)
The club hocked the 66 drinking vessel and put the dough on Richo at tens earlier on to help alleviate the cash flow problem ... I recon the games all about the almighty dollar now. And sports betting is killing it as well !!

Richardson drifted in betting and that is because no one was backing him. Thats how odds work. That theory lacks a bit especially as you can only bet bugger all on those typr of bets. All of what little money was bet on this stuff went on Williams and thats why he shortened.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Some very funny stuff on here. I also didnt know people on this board knew so much about how the meeting with the prospective coaches went. The way i see it is the people who interviewed them have more information than us. That may or may not mean they make the right decision but they at least know more than everyone on here. We can complain all we like about the process. The funny thing is many were complaining there was no process as Williams was over the line. Now that Richardsons got it the process isnt good enough. Lets get on board. Nothing will change about this appointment by whinging. We have no choice but to hope this guy is the next RL and not the next SW.
Spot on.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Some very funny stuff on here. I also didnt know people on this board knew so much about how the meeting with the prospective coaches went. The way i see it is the people who interviewed them have more information than us. That may or may not mean they make the right decision but they at least know more than everyone on here. We can complain all we like about the process. The funny thing is many were complaining there was no process as Williams was over the line. Now that Richardsons got it the process isnt good enough. Lets get on board. Nothing will change about this appointment by whinging. We have no choice but to hope this guy is the next RL and not the next SW.
I'm hoping that he is the next Alan Jeans !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

philtee
Club Player

OMG, FFS, I'm agreeing with plugger66 on this one.

Ross who?
Club Player

Williams wanted 5yrs???? Only coach still in same job as 5yrs ago is Clarko. My mail is Choco is totally nuts! EG: Tiges game in Darwin, he put ALL the Sherrins they took in a bath of soapy water to simulate slippery humid conditions.
Not 5-10 balls....all 50 or so!!! Property steward Went off his brain!

I think Richardson is the best coach available right at this moment. Forget the "Process". We have the best available, that's all that matters.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The problem is, we "the outsiders" do not really know what went on during the process, but you get the feeling that something significant happened along the way. Did we fall back to "a safer bet" in Richardson. For the future of the Saints, I just hope that it was not so.

I was never in favour of Chocko - something just did not seem right. Richardson sounds like a good, professional operator - let's hope so and get 100% behind him for the betterment of the Club :!:

saintjake
Club Player

Liked the idea of Choco as our coach. Partly because he has the runs on the board (premiership and helping develop young kids)
But mainly because he has passion, for the club and the players that he has coach. Which is something st.kilda really needs.
If he was in charge when Baker copped those appalling suspensions for the Johnson/Farmer incidents he would have gone of his tree, not sat their in silence.
Some of the umpiring decisions we copped this year (especially the West Coast game) would have seen him line up the umpires in the press conference, not sit passively and say "we had our chances, blah blah blah"
He would have brought life to the club, bringing menberships with him.

When I look at the successful teams of the past, they all have one thing in common and that's passion from high up.
Clarko/kennent, malthouse/McGuire, Paul Roos, Bomber Thompson.
All of them stand up and speak their mind when their players seem to be getting a hard go or some holding AFL decisions get made.

Lyon, Watters, Westaway seemed to all just sit back and do nothing, say nothing.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

We've had regular meetings with Geelong FC officials discussing their successful structures and appointed ex captain Tom Harley on the coach selection panel. This is no coincidence. We were after a coach that fits our footballing model and it's seems AR is the man and Choco was not.

I get the feeling Choco sees himself bigger than the club and didn't give the club confidence that he would be 'on board' with the direction of the club. Sound familiar? SW became rogue and I reckon Choco is even more a risk of going along the same path.

I don't think saying we want a yes man is accurate instead we want someone who thinks for themselves however knows boundaries and is willing to stay the course of the direction of the footy club. I suspect AR is this man.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I don't know what the problem is??

Clearly the 'interview process' that clubs go through is far from foolproof! So if that process has been deviated from, I'm hardly going to complain!

Secondly, the jury is surely still out on Williams. He did leave Port in an average state, and hasn't been chased by any other club since.
I wouldn't mind him, but I only really saw him as being considered cause he is mates with Pelchen and because no one else was on the market.

As for Richardson, everyone has been raving about Hinkley and he missed out on about 100 jobs. So Richardson being overlooked by others can't really be seen as a huge problem either.

I think the concept of interviewing coaches is weird anyway. There work is there for all to see, and it's very easy to get character and professional references about them, which is clearly more important and relevant anyway.

The issue, if there is one, is that we got Watters wrong.

That's done, and we've moved on.

I genuinely can't see the issue.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:... Forget the "Process". We have the best available, that's all that matters.
Yep.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I absolutely agree.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Gee we were always going to be light-on for options especially in November. Who ever the new coach is I just can't wait for him to get going, he has work to do as does the whole club.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I think the process proved the William's has flaws hence it was a sucessful process... we have the right man. How are Port saying we are in turmoil gees they have a short memories people at the club.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Amazing isn't it.

busso mick
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
The issue, if there is one, is that we got Watters wrong.

That's done, and we've moved on.

I genuinely can't see the issue.
I agree totally Johnny. The pressure that was on Watters is now totally focussed on our board. The pressure on the new coach will be nothing compared to those that enticed him here.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I only read up to page 3 of this thread and had enough.

This jaxons person is now destabilising the next coach before he is even appointed by his comments and everyone up to page 3 seems to be taking it all at face value.

What is clear to me is that jaxons has some inside knowledge. What is clear to me is that he has an opinion and likes to share it. Doesn't mean everyone has to buy into his opinion like it is fact based on the assumption he has the 'correct' inside information.

Just saying.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

David Koch, Port Prez, said on Sunrise that Richo is bound till 2015 and the Saints should leave him alone, and they are keeping him. Seems like a fight is on.
"Saints are in turmoil, well sort it out, don't spread it to us" he said.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Buckets
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:SP "Stuff defending our reputation"....speaks volumes mate; speaks volumes! About how to support the club. But hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. Just think you're a wee bit too ready to drop the bundle (IMHO of course)
each to their own. But please listen to others who have the inside word like Jaxsons.

This blind faith you have in our administration is a worry.

Of course I'll support the Club. Doesn't mean I support idiots that run it at times.

The blind faith you have in an anonymous person speaks volumes for you.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And one further comment on jaxons....during this whole Watters period in the last month or so, I formed the opinion that jaxons was either close to Chris Pelchen and that even was Pelchen's mouthpiece on this site. Probably fanciful thinking, but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's assume then that this thread and it's outburst is from Pelchen's disappointment that his mate, Williams, didn't get the job. Let's also assume that Williams, knowing from Pelchen that he was a shoo in, demanded 5 years thinking he would get it in a canter. Let's assume that the board saw through this and thought that this approach is wrong.

Now if all of the assumptions are on the mark, then we now have a Pelchen v Richardson situation. Pelchen may not be on board because he didn't get the man he wanted.

As such, and if any semblance of truth, then Pelchen must go.

Just my reading and assumption of the situation. Unlike others, I claim no inside knowledge. Just my opinion.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

doubtful sensational.

the coach will not get selected withouth pelchen's full buy in. that you can be sure of

#1 Ryder fan
saintjake
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:And one further comment on jaxons....during this whole Watters period in the last month or so, I formed the opinion that jaxons was either close to Chris Pelchen and that even was Pelchen's mouthpiece on this site. Probably fanciful thinking, but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's assume then that this thread and it's outburst is from Pelchen's disappointment that his mate, Williams, didn't get the job. Let's also assume that Williams, knowing from Pelchen that he was a shoo in, demanded 5 years thinking he would get it in a canter. Let's assume that the board saw through this and thought that this approach is wrong.

Now if all of the assumptions are on the mark, then we now have a Pelchen v Richardson situation. Pelchen may not be on board because he didn't get the man he wanted.

As such, and if any semblance of truth, then Pelchen must go.

Just my reading and assumption of the situation. Unlike others, I claim no inside knowledge. Just my opinion.

What utter rubbish!

resaintlee
Club Player

A selection panel should be able to keep secret the process they are working through. When they make the decision no doubt they need to have it ratified by the board before making it public. This latter part needs to happen quickly, ideally on the one day as there is a leaker who it would appear comes from the board (which the board should be aware of) and by allowing this person time can further damage our club. That Jaxons chooses to share his/her privileged information with us only adds to the disgrace we are seeing in the handling of this selection process. It is fun to ponder the prospects of the likely candidates but terrible for the professional credibility of our club that the media and people on this forum think they have special knowledge of the outcome.