PROPOSED NEW FORUM RULES

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: PROPOSED NEW FORUM RULES

matrix wrote:ps
cairnsey

i live in the barossa :? 8-)
lol
Well see there you go, if I was just allowed to call you a wanker I wouldn't have offended anyone. Now I've p1ssed off the whole of the Barrossa community.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

hi all

have tried to listen to all views when framing updated rules.

happy to try and re-draft the swearing rule to reflect all opinion.

Simon

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
matrix wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
"FFS how does he miss from 10 metres out" ... could let that slide and maybe just clean it up with an edit to read "<edited by MODS> how did he miss from 10 metres out?"
are you friggin kidding me????

seriously?

well you better appoint 48 mods then just to keep up in the match thread
which gets emotional in there
i mean cmon. seriously you are going this route where you will delete FFS and replace it with edited by mods???

its funny
the probs we've all been speaking about for the last year seem to be the ones pushed to the back burner
like the actual friggin site itself
oh well
might as well say bye now because i wont last twenty mins here ffs
Yeah I've got to agree Matrix. I didn't really get involved in the whole "Proposed New Forum Rules" however I must be honest the introduction of the swearing clause(s) seem more like they come from a personal agenda than they do the mainstream.

I would propose that the majority of posters who post on here on an almost daily basis and have for possibly a period spanning 5-10 years (my best estimate) are the spiritual moderators and in the past they have seemed to have a way of controlling the completely out of line stuff. I would guess that most of these same posters are in excess of the 30 years of age, the average age possibly being 40 something (just a guess) and I reckon that is one of the main reasons this site has appeal. It's main contribution of good stuff is by middle aged adults. Yes there are kiddies that hang around the feet and listen in and even occasionally chime in with an attempted gem of their own, but just like at the footy the kiddies are going to hear some naughty stuff, more than likely the stuff they hear and yell in the playgrounds at school.

This site is an internet landmark that would be bookmarked by most journalists reporting on AFL so they can visit regularly for insights and angles that were once gathered by mingling with punters in the outer. And if you want evidence of that you only have to point to a recent headline by the HS that read "Studs and Duds" which was accompanied by a picture of Jack Steven. That is proof that this site has content worth scanning by professional journalists. Now my point is if you start to sanitise the site with some ridiculous over zealous god bothering rules then you will rip away the appeal of the site.

If you ask me the moderators should have to answer to a board of people (the ones I call the spiritual moderators). Rules should be voted in by the board and the moderators just police the rules voted in. VOTED IN!!!!!!
Matrix

Did you miss this part?

could let that slide

As for the site itself ... we have started but the major overhaul will be post season.

Simon

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:hmmm you see I would argue that everyone will know that an expletive was used at the start of the sentence simply because <edited by MODS> is there where FFS was
Language is not simply conveying the strict semantic meaning. It conveys the posters emotion and personality. Replacing it with a 'beep' dehumanizes the post and censors a wide variety of possible language the poster may have used. We won't know what they actually wrote. I rarely swear myself, rarely insult, but I enjoy reading posts from many different personalities who communicate in many different ways, and am not offended in the slightest if someone communicates more colourfully or forcefully than me. Thank god they do - variety is the spice of life.
Where there is offence taken, let that person state their case, then act if deemed a reasonable boundary has been crossed.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

no
didnt miss it

but its grey isnt it
open to mood, poster, type of day youve had, yadda yadda

then the old favourtism card might get dropped by an 'offender' and around we go again

no 'judging it on the moment'

obviously you cant call someone a bleep bleep tosser
but typing wtf?
cmon

im certainly still going to use it
warn away
ill become conditioned/programmed to the fact its not allowed eventually when i cant log on the 50th time

all good

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:no
didnt miss it

but its grey isnt it
open to mood, poster, type of day youve had, yadda yadda

then the old favourtism card might get dropped by an 'offender' and around we go again

no 'judging it on the moment'

obviously you cant call someone a bleep bleep tosser
but typing wtf?
cmon

im certainly still going to use it
warn away
ill become conditioned/programmed to the fact its not allowed eventually when i cant log on the 50th time

all good
Gee you folk from the Barossa are slow on the uptake.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Yeah I've got to agree Matrix. I didn't really get involved in the whole "Proposed New Forum Rules" however I must be honest the introduction of the swearing clause(s) seem more like they come from a personal agenda than they do the mainstream.

I would propose that the majority of posters who post on here on an almost daily basis and have for possibly a period spanning 5-10 years (my best estimate) are the spiritual moderators and in the past they have seemed to have a way of controlling the completely out of line stuff. I would guess that most of these same posters are in excess of the 30 years of age, the average age possibly being 40 something (just a guess) and I reckon that is one of the main reasons this site has appeal. It's main contribution of good stuff is by middle aged adults. Yes there are
a fair few of us were here last century......actually....wild west in those days....and so much fun..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

a fair few of us were here last century......actually....wild west in those days....and so much fun..... :wink:
A lawless cowboy town then, so I believe.

Would have been completely at home, I reckon.

Shoot first, justify later.

Obviously no soft appendages lurking around then.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

A lot of posters pined for an active moderator, now you have one, I find it hilarious how a lot of the same posters are asking the most questions in the now over moderated era...

Give yourselves a pat on the back, or an uppercut..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

For those that are passionate on a relaxation on the updated swearing rule ... how about this as a proposed modification?

Swearing is not permitted. This includes abbreviations, or any form of alteration of the swear word, in any form, that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word. Using acronyms WTF, FFS, BS etc are also a breach of rules only if they are directed at another poster in an abusive manner, but otherwise acceptable as a way to emphasise or colour an opinion.

As you hopefully can see, I am trying to frame rules that are reflective of the opinion and desires of the WHOLE forum community ... and hopefully this will work for all parties.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

What happens when a "person" falsely attributes a quote to you?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:A lot of posters pined for an active moderator, now you have one, I find it hilarious how a lot of the same posters are asking the most questions in the now over moderated era...

for once i am laughing along with you...... :wink: :D :D :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:For those that are passionate on a relaxation on the updated swearing rule ... how about this as a proposed modification?

Swearing is not permitted. This includes abbreviations, or any form of alteration of the swear word, in any form, that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word. Using acronyms WTF, FFS, BS etc are also a breach of rules only if they are directed at another poster in an abusive manner, but otherwise acceptable as a way to emphasise or colour an opinion.

As you hopefully can see, I am trying to frame rules that are reflective of the opinion and desires of the WHOLE forum community ... and hopefully this will work for all parties.
an improvement...but some on here are so thin skinned they will probably/easily misinterpret a post......i just got into trouble trying to apologise to a poster........

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bobmurray wrote:A lot of posters pined for an active moderator, now you have one, I find it hilarious how a lot of the same posters are asking the most questions in the now over moderated era...

for once i am laughing along with you...... :wink: :D :D :D
Good one.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:For those that are passionate on a relaxation on the updated swearing rule ... how about this as a proposed modification?

Almost there but I think we need to discuss the abuse thing a bit further...some posters need to be abused.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

give yourself a front face lock

we're asking questions

im guessing you have a problem with that and find it funny?

you could perhaps, you know, contribute to the discussion?
or keep whining?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
:roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:

give yourself a front face lock

we're asking questions

im guessing you have a problem with that and find it funny?

you could perhaps, you know, contribute to the discussion?
or keep whining?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
:roll:

not nice......this time it's me sitting on the fence......and i'm not getting splinters...well not yet anyway..... :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

5 pages away this slipped to

errr
i still have no banner with ID Launch black

also noticed BFUSA and dals da bomb are STILL not in red which is the mod color

whats going on admin as nothing has still happened???

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Im sorry i cannot answer for you.
I hope that with a relaunch things such as this - and quote function for example with be fixed

Is it really necessary to have a red name? I am rarely pm'd (mod related maybe 3 times but generally it is after a report)
Any reports made will go directly to panel which any mod or admin can handle.

If a report isnt required i would think the majority know atleast one person they can contact.
Alternatively there is a tab down the bottom of the board index 'The team'

In there is a list of Admins and also one of Mods.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

matrix

can you try switching to Extreme Dark Red Style by Vinny for an enhanced experience?

apparently there are just 40 something users that are having difficulty .... y6ou must be one of the lucky ones.

I have no idea why we are not showing up as MODS on yours but I am red on mine :-)

In some good news ... the new saintsational.com website with integration into facebook, twitter etc starts design on Monday with an aim to launch in the off season - which gives us heaps of time to get it right before the 2014 season and it will include articles and features EXCLUSIVE to Saintsational ...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:matrix

can you try switching to Extreme Dark Red Style by Vinny for an enhanced experience?

apparently there are just 40 something users that are having difficulty .... y6ou must be one of the lucky ones.

I have no idea why we are not showing up as MODS on yours but I am red on mine :-)

In some good news ... the new saintsational.com website with integration into facebook, twitter etc starts design on Monday with an aim to launch in the off season - which gives us heaps of time to get it right before the 2014 season and it will include articles and features EXCLUSIVE to Saintsational ...
Will it be mobile device compatible?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

it will not be an app but it should work on mobile browsers (so I am told)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

I'll try a dff background when I get home.
I use he aunch back or pro silver I tho its called as theyre easier on the eyes.
The banner is on the pro silver.
And ive never had a prob viewing the site on an android phone.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

matrix wrote:"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please