AFLW Does anyone really care?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Re: AFLW Does anyone really care?

In case anyone's interested, we're playing Geelong now and losing.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 22 Sep 2022 6:31pm In case anyone's interested, we're playing Geelong now and losing.
Yep
Got killed
But typical afl , we had a five day break to the cats six and we also played interstate .

In red white and black from 73
falka
Club Player

Went to my first live game in Geelong as I’m down that way. Standard of play just terrible. You would think 16v 16 would open the game up, yet you look up and 32 players in one half and half it’s lack of run and kicking penetration it’s a tough watch. They need to find more ways to de congest things. As for the coaching, we were sitting behind the bench and every quarter there was at least 2 rotations within 2 minutes of the quarter starting. Absolutely ridiculous. In first quarter AI kid you not, Patrikios started on the Pune and came on 1 minute and 20 secs into it and wasn’t an injury. So I thought maybe less interchange to create some more space with fatigue (but I guess coaches would have them rest back anyway)

I think in time the game will be great as players specialize early, but gee it’s tough to watch at moment