Lock for Bottom 4?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lock for Bottom 4?

Only Victorian club not to have been beaten in Victoria! THAT will do this little old Sainter..... for the time being!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Shaggy
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:57pm
Shaggy wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 11:19pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 8:58am Richo has had long enough to have his own list now so enough of those kind of excuses. He isn't making them so no one else should in his behalf

.He is part of the recruiting team and is a development coach so recruiting poorly is partly on him, not recruiting players to fill holes in a few years is on him ie where is another quick outside mid, it's been 6 years. Luckily we have an abundance of half back flankers for some reason???

The ruck he gets a pass on as that is not his area and we have drafted plenty but none have come on, that's on the ruck coach

Look at our skill levels. Are they any good? No they are crap so who is responsible for developing skills?

Buckley was never on the verge of being let go, the board saw what he was doing and building and new it took time as did Hardwick and Richmond. What is Richo building towards, where is his game plan, where are his game winning tactics. Long bomb into 50? Let's try it again and again eventually we will get one.

Bottom line is he is done this year unless we improve dramatically and I can't see it happening. Carlisle gone, Jack Steven MAY not be at 100%, hanneberry is this year's Freeman. IE hamstring issues so he is 2 weeks away again. King won't play until July August and that will be at Sandy to give him a chance to get his form back Where are the wins coming from?
Lol you have just put down all the reasons why Richo should have excuses for this year.

But I think the team we have built is good and will perform regardless of Carlisle, Steven, Hanneberry and King. Steele, Billings and Gresham. As a dark horse Marshall. Clark is real. We have players seriously developing at the top end IMO.
Shaggy wins the SS free thinkers award for 2019.

Clearly Shaggy you have a keen eye on the club and not the Herald Sun for your form guide.
Thanks.

I would like to take all the credit but I have learned that studying "The_Dud" and then going the opposite really works.

Cheers.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:36am Our best hope is to learn how to play as a team. I know that sounds cliche, but if each player nails his role for the good of the collective, we'll be able to grind out better results than in 2018.
So far, so good on that front. It's the thing that's covered us well in the absence of many top line players.

Better than expected, but it's so early in the season and we've scraped to all our wins.

Let's reflect in a few months' time.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Shaggy wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:05pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 8:58am Richo has had long enough to have his own list now so enough of those kind of excuses. He isn't making them so no one else should in his behalf

.He is part of the recruiting team and is a development coach so recruiting poorly is partly on him, not recruiting players to fill holes in a few years is on him ie where is another quick outside mid, it's been 6 years. Luckily we have an abundance of half back flankers for some reason???

The ruck he gets a pass on as that is not his area and we have drafted plenty but none have come on, that's on the ruck coach

Look at our skill levels. Are they any good? No they are crap so who is responsible for developing skills?

Buckley was never on the verge of being let go, the board saw what he was doing and building and new it took time as did Hardwick and Richmond. What is Richo building towards, where is his game plan, where are his game winning tactics. Long bomb into 50? Let's try it again and again eventually we will get one.

Bottom line is he is done this year unless we improve dramatically and I can't see it happening. Carlisle gone, Jack Steven MAY not be at 100%, hanneberry is this year's Freeman. IE hamstring issues so he is 2 weeks away again. King won't play until July August and that will be at Sandy to give him a chance to get his form back Where are the wins coming from?
Lol you have just put down all the reasons why Richo should have excuses for this year.

But I think the team we have built is good and will perform regardless of Carlisle, Steven, Hanneberry and King. Steele, Billings and Gresham. As a dark horse Marshall. Clark is real. We have players seriously developing at the top end IMO.

Clearly Shaggy you have a keen eye on the club and not the Herald Sun for your form guide.
Thanks.

I would like to take all the credit but I have learned that studying "The_Dud" and then going the opposite really works.

Cheers.
Yep, If we were listening to the Dud, we would sack the coach right now. Could you imagine how that would go down right now?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

pubes wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:36pm

Thanks.

Cheers.
Yep, If we were listening to the Dud, we would sack the coach right now. Could you imagine how that would go down right now?
Come on guys, surely this is blatant commenting on a poster!
The dud has his right to his opinion as much as any on this forum.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Thanks.

Cheers.
Ouch! :)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:36pm

Thanks.

Cheers.
That is 100% false.

I would have sacked him 7 months ago!

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:59pm
twirlyhair wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:36pm

Thanks.

Cheers.
That is 100% false.

I would have sacked him 7 months ago!
So the coach is not to be sacked and therefore is not a dud?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Richo has never been a dud. If he is a dud, how has he been employed as a coach in the AFL system since 2003?

That is 16 years and 2 years as a senior coach in the VFL before 2003.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

This took a few turns.. but the inevitable occurred

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:13pm This took a few turns.. but the inevitable occurred
If only we had lost that game to the GC last year, we would already be one year in to our next phase.

Unfortunately 2019 has been a pointless waste of a season.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:28pm
mightysainters wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:13pm This took a few turns.. but the inevitable occurred
If only we had lost that game to the GC last year, we would already be one year in to our next phase.

That's a bit negative...

:?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:38pm

That's a bit negative...

Nope, it’s actually a positive (or, losing to GC would have been).

That’s why falling over the line against poor teams (much celebrated by a few on here) is a bad thing, hurts the club in the long run by delaying the inevitable.

To the top
SS Life Member

St Kilda has a deficient List - and particularly in regard the demographics

The only mature age class players we have are Steven, Carlisle and Hannebery

And due to a range of issues these players have been restricted to minimal games this season

Bear in mind also that of the players on our List from other Clubs apart from Carlisle and Hannebery none were regular selections at the Clubs they left coming to St Kilda for opportunity

Past that the demographic of our List has seen us go to State League players - to me a desperate move

As I have put before the improvement at St Kilda will come in the first instance from those we have Drafted with top 20 Picks from the Draft which gave us Billings, Dunstan and Acres

And we have not had luck to date with Mc Cartin and King

So it is a process

And we seek Free Agents with class - noting the competition to snare such a player

Simply, currently these kids we have Drafted have not had the courtesy of the cover afforded by mature class including the circumstances of Steven, Carlisle and Hannebery

It is not all doom and gloom

Marshall and Battle have come from outside Too 20 Picks

We will have another high Draft Pick ahead of 2020

So there is a core developing

To complete the 22 we put on the Park we need what I call unexpected development from other sources - so the likes of Bruce and Membrey (played in position) and Roberton and Steele

Then we need depth because injuries will impact (noting sides that win premierships generally have a good run with injuries and settled sides)

I always subscribed to the view that in every season you had to identify 3 first team players (regardless of winning a premiership even) needing to become automatic selections (hence my dismay at the Lyon years)

In 2019 we have established Battle and Marshall from outside the parameters normally relied on

And that is a plus - of some dimension I would put

Where we need some luck from here is for the likes of Clav as a key, tall defender to progress and even for Austin to develop also as a key, tall defender

From further left field comes Joyce

Plus, again in my view, we need to give opportunity to White and particularly because, as history confirms we struggle to defend inventive small forwards with good balance

In a perfect world, Gresham is our inventive small forward with good balance

So we start playing players where they should be being played

As I say, we are a work in progress from a dysfunctional base but there are positives

So we watch players looking for the signs that they have an ability to perform at high level in this competition

The little signs which tell you this player is above the ordinary - above being a role player and being a player who can contribute to win result (including by picking up Brownlow votes in a winning side)

The Coach?

As said I think he has a canvas which is not consistent with the needs of St Kilda

Think Geary and Longer for confirmation

Simply, given what he inherited Richardson was always on a belting to nothing - exacerbated by his conservative persona, a persona circumstances dictated he should have shed in the interests of development and growth into responsibility

End of rant

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:21pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:38pm

That's a bit negative...

Nope, it’s actually a positive (or, losing to GC would have been).

That’s why falling over the line against poor teams (much celebrated by a few on here) is a bad thing, hurts the club in the long run by delaying the inevitable.
:)

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I would say the list and injuries have had a far greater impact on results than the coach.

We are a shocking list, with key players out, did we seriously expect to play final, I mean cmon now?!

Again I ask
Which games have we lost where we started favourites?

Good effort to beat Melb, Haw, Ess and Carl with this team
GC are horrible but even to knock the off up there is not bad.

Stating midfield of Ross, Dunstan, Steel with Newnes on one wing is horrendous. Easily the worst in the AFL