So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

GoSaintersGo wrote:GoSaintersGo first joined the band of happy posters early in 2004. The conversation at the time was a pleasure to be a part of as there was no negative crap, or very little, just positive and constructive posts to contribute to.

Me thinks this is a little bit rose glasses revisionism. I can remember the insults, name calling and personal attacks being much much worse in the 'noughties'. It was regarded as something of an art form as to who could come up with the wittiest, most denigrating names in an argument. Some posters were very aggressive and downright nasty at times and Barks4eva made some amazing posts including the most creative name calling I've ever seen.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Yeah, fair call - it's good you're aware of it and trying to calm it.

I guess my tolerance for their petty antics has fallen below zero; you know as soon as they inject their personal battles into any given thread, the topic is as good as derailed. I almost instantly leave the site; many others would be the same.

A little bit of sarcasm is fine, but when it's a never-ending style of posting, in addition to the relentless finger-pointing, "you said this", it ruins it for everyone.

I see no harm in having them being able to post in the Animal Enclosure whilst having observational status on the main board. That way they can see what's happening and then use the AE to vent, dump, bicker, moan, discuss. But if they show sufficient commitment to respecting others in there, they can come back. If they don't, the status quo remains.
Thanks for that evertonfc. Agree it's tedious. Interesting idea. Cheers.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:
Winmar wrote:Looks like I joined in 2004, but I post infrequently so chances are nobody recognises my username anyway.
You've been a valued contributor! :mrgreen:
All Evertonians are valued! :)

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

I have been around more than 10 years, but I am far from a regular poster these days

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
loris
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:I have been around more than 10 years, but I am far from a regular poster these days
More's the pity.................. that's for the last part of your sentence fonz

ripplug66
Club Player

loris wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:I have been around more than 10 years, but I am far from a regular poster these days
More's the pity.................. that's for the last part of your sentence fonz

Agreed. Good poster.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Also been around since '02
Don't post much anymore either

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:I still shudder at what we lost having this muppet in charge too long....
Yeah, righto, but you didn't understand what was going on when he started. There wouldn't be anything to shudder about without him.
ahh.....here we go....

yep pretty well understood what was going on before he started - including his involvement to spend $1m to get Blight the messiah....howd that genius stroke work out for ya???

we'd have silverware if that muppet was good to his word and stepped aside.......coached Warnambool FFS give me a break....
Lived off Butters, borrowed off Butters, refused to pay it back, claimed lost annual leave against club AFTER sigbning it away (he later claimed he was pressured too......this from the guy that ate pressure for breakfast...)

Just another fool who thought HE was the club and those that blindly followed would be led by anything...

As Barks so eloquently put it: 'you do the maths......the squares are all rooted'

Yep that makes sense. GT ran the who club. There wasn't a board that could have made a different decision and TBH getting Blight was one of the best things the club has ever done.
Speak to assistant coaches at the time and they'll tell you GT DID run the club....and cost it plenty.....but you know that cause you have him over for dinner weekly...
And yes, the Blight move was perfectly scripted......all part of the bigger plan.....what a strategy by the club...fork out $1m for a 3 day a week coach who didnt want to be there in the first place.....
Muppets all round.

“Yeah….nah””
ripplug66
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Speak to assistant coaches at the time and they'll tell you GT DID run the club....and cost it plenty.....but you know that cause you have him over for dinner weekly...
And yes, the Blight move was perfectly scripted......all part of the bigger plan.....what a strategy by the club...fork out $1m for a 3 day a week coach who didnt want to be there in the first place.....
Muppets all round.
Gee what a great way to win a discussion saying rubbish like I would know because ive had him over for dinner. Probably shows your lack of knowledge of the subject. We had a board. It was up to them to sack GT if they didn't think he was good enough. I know that because its how boards work. And Blight might have cost a million but we got Hamill and Gehrig because of him plus a huge spike in membership. Maybe you just cant remember these things because all you worry about is making silly comments that ive had some coach over for dinner.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Muppets all round.
Gee what a great way to win a discussion saying rubbish like I would know because ive had him over for dinner. Probably shows your lack of knowledge of the subject. We had a board. It was up to them to sack GT if they didn't think he was good enough. I know that because its how boards work. And Blight might have cost a million but we got Hamill and Gehrig because of him plus a huge spike in membership. Maybe you just cant remember these things because all you worry about is making silly comments that ive had some coach over for dinner.
You know how Boards work? spare us your random, inane, cliched responses and stop arguing for arguements sake.

NO ONE in the world football said and says now the 'Blight' move was a masterstroke. Youre trying to justify what was a terrible decision hiding behind 'I know how Boards work'

I have spoken to people in the inner sanctum at the club during this time and THEIR words are:
'Thomas stuffed your club when you had your best shot at it'

They also tole me directly - HE ran the joint and the then Prez.....
But you know more cause you 'know Boards'

Back on topic of thread: 1 thing this site didnt have when it started was constant, pathetic baiting and hijacking threads for no other reason than to argue.....THATS what kills this board now, sure there were many arguements and names thrown, but people did so because they were passionate about a topic......not just cause they wanted to rack up their post count......

ahh....the good old days....

“Yeah….nah””
ripplug66
Club Player

Hahaha.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Back on topic of thread: 1 thing this site didnt have when it started was constant, pathetic baiting and hijacking threads for no other reason than to argue.....THATS what kills this board now, sure there were many arguements and names thrown, but people did so because they were passionate about a topic......not just cause they wanted to rack up their post count......

ahh....the good old days....
Yeah.I'd go along with that. Sure, trolls copped it but the really nasty stuff started after Thomas got the flick.

linz
Club Player

I've been along for the journey but haven't posted for a while.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.