Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

samuraisaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Can't wait to see you guys cheering him when he gets his first possession

I'll definitely be one of those cheering him on. He hasn't hurt anyone else and hopefully he has learned a valuable life lesson. It may make him a lot more focused.
You need a brain to focus

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Once again a precedent will be set and unfortunately once again we just so happened to be the guinea pigs

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Can't wait to see you guys cheering him when he gets his first possession

I'll definitely be one of those cheering him on. He hasn't hurt anyone else and hopefully he has learned a valuable life lesson. It may make him a lot more focused.
so if he turns out to be a valuable attribute ????? I may bookmark this if thats ok with you.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:

Maybe his nickname could be Scarecrow - he didn't have a brain either.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:

so if he turns out to be a valuable attribute ????? I may bookmark this if thats ok with you.
You actually think that i would not want him to become a valuable attribute??

All I have done is emphasised his shortcomings and there is probably no need for me to do it because they are so completely evident

We are banking on this guy to anchor our defence - a player who has plenty of baggage and a history of inconsistency and mental fragility

I would go as far to say that I think you have rocks in your head if you think Carlisle is just going to waltz in and make this magical difference to our team - there is no doubt when he puts his mind to it he can be a very good player but right now he is coming from rock bottom with regards to respect - the guy practically took a fair size dump in our mouths and it seems you are prepared to forgive him no questions asked - well not me!!

Until he cares to show a rock solid commitment to our club in terms of playing form and gratitude will I start to ease the contempt I currently have for this douchebag.

I really do hope he can pull it together but I wont be holding my breath

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:

All I have done is emphasised his shortcomings and there is probably no need for me to do it because they are so completely evident

We are banking on this guy to anchor our defence - a player who has plenty of baggage and a history of inconsistency and mental fragility

I would go as far to say that I think you have rocks in your head if you think Carlisle is just going to waltz in and make this magical difference to our team - there is no doubt when he puts his mind to it he can be a very good player but right now he is coming from rock bottom with regards to respect - the guy practically took a fair size dump in our mouths and it seems you are prepared to forgive him no questions asked - well not me!!

Until he cares to show a rock solid commitment to our club in terms of playing form and gratitude will I start to ease the contempt I currently have for this douchebag.

We should cease to trade with Essendope from here on in. They are scum, we have been burnt twice. That should be enough.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: We should cease to trade with Essendope from here on in. They are scum, we have been burnt twice. That should be enough.
Why we ever paid what we did for an inconsistent, troubled flaky individual truly has me stumped

Its seems we were dazzled, captivated and hypnotised by a few stellar games??

Is there to more to Carlisle than we know?? Maybe - but the more we have seen so far has not been good

I have no doubt Essendon knew exactly what they were getting rid of just as we should know our players inside out - ie: Spencer White's issues - but Essendon waited and waited on a dodgy wicket, played a straight bat until we finally gave them a pleasant handshake let them walk not out to the pavilion - when really we should have had them out first ball

St Kilda owe nothing to no team - we are a continual whipping boy - just one day I would love to see us become the bad guy and reem some other team - sure it would a foul taste in mouth of some opposition clubs but why give a rats arse when they don't

If our club wants to go to the top then they have to have to be prepared to show absolute no mercy whether it be on the field or in the trading room

We need to be feared and loathed cause then finally we might actually gain some god damn respect :evil:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Hahaha! This all pretty laughable. Essendon aren't to blame and can't be blamed.

If you believe everything you read in this thread Carlisle has no brains, a drug addiction and can barely tie his shoe laces but also has a genius evil streak which concocted this whole plot to get the most he could from us and then screw us over all in one action. FFs make up your mind. I'm counting on him not being too bright and not taking all of this too seriously.

His manager is a player manager and if he got me the deal Carlisle got then I'd reckon he did pretty well. It's no secret these types aren't the easiest to deal with but I'm sure he wasn't trying to screw us and didn't plot with Carlisle and Channel 9 just to make all this happen.

If you want to read more look out for my next book '50 shades of Red, White and Black' in the next thread about Jake and what he has done.

If you stop bringing it up it will cease to exist. Jake has a 4 year contract with St.Kilda. We have pick 14 to look forward to in the draft and our team is already better for what has happened.

oh yeah we are delisting and then rookieing Farren Ray. Please can everyone get angry about that instead. I bet St.kilda did that just to take your mind off Jake but your all too obsessed to bite. Hehehehe!!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Hahaha! This all pretty laughable. Essendon aren't to blame and can't be blamed.

If you believe everything you read in this thread Carlisle has no brains, a drug addiction and can barely tie his shoe laces but also has a genius evil streak which concocted this whole plot to get the most he could from us and then screw us over all in one action. FFs make up your mind. I'm counting on him not being too bright and not taking all of this too seriously.

His manager is a player manager and if he got me the deal Carlisle got then I'd reckon he did pretty well. It's no secret these types aren't the easiest to deal with but I'm sure he wasn't trying to screw us and didn't plot with Carlisle and Channel 9 just to make all this happen.

If you want to read more look out for my next book '50 shades of Red, White and Black' in the next thread about Jake and what he has done.

If you stop bringing it up it will cease to exist. Jake has a 4 year contract with St.Kilda. We have pick 14 to look forward to in the draft and our team is already better for what has happened.

oh yeah we are delisting and then rookieing Farren Ray. Please can everyone get angry about that instead. I bet St.kilda did that just to take your mind off Jake but your all too obsessed to bite. Hehehehe!!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling....
Essendon arent to blame at all and kudos to them for getting the best deal they could by trading Carlisle - hope we are this cunning if ever we try and offload a disruptive player

And no the sky is not falling - what should be falling though is every St kilda's supporters respect for Carlisle with regard to the embarrasing and awkward position he put our club in

You said it youself whereby you dont think Carlisle would be taking this all too seriously and if he isnt well therein lies the problem because what would that say about his regard and respect for our club going forward

And no it wont cease to exist if we supporters top talking about it because that will only happen once Carlisle steps up and plays consistently good football and keeps his friggin nose, head and feet clean

He's now coming from a long long way back and I hope the coaches and his new team mates dont make it easy for him like some supporters in here seem happy to do

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Hahaha! This all pretty laughable. Essendon aren't to blame and can't be blamed.

Well played, sir! A small oasis of sanity in a desert of hysteria and hyperbole.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ripplug66
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Once again a precedent will be set and unfortunately once again we just so happened to be the guinea pigs

The precedent would have somehow for us to reneg on the deal. To me it looks like a normal trade for a dumb footballer. Nothing we can do once he is ours.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Wayne42 wrote: We should cease to trade with Essendope from here on in. They are scum, we have been burnt twice. That should be enough.
Why we ever paid what we did for an inconsistent, troubled flaky individual truly has me stumped

Its seems we were dazzled, captivated and hypnotised by a few stellar games??

Is there to more to Carlisle than we know?? Maybe - but the more we have seen so far has not been good

I have no doubt Essendon knew exactly what they were getting rid of just as we should know our players inside out - ie: Spencer White's issues - but Essendon waited and waited on a dodgy wicket, played a straight bat until we finally gave them a pleasant handshake let them walk not out to the pavilion - when really we should have had them out first ball

St Kilda owe nothing to no team - we are a continual whipping boy - just one day I would love to see us become the bad guy and reem some other team - sure it would a foul taste in mouth of some opposition clubs but why give a rats arse when they don't

If our club wants to go to the top then they have to have to be prepared to show absolute no mercy whether it be on the field or in the trading room

We need to be feared and loathed cause then finally we might actually gain some god damn respect :evil:

Seems like when our recruiters identify a need all common sense and value for money goes out the window!
Maybe I will give it a name for future trading periods (Lovett-Carlisle syndrome)
Seeing as we're not so good at sorting the chaff from the wheat I suggest we implement a no KNOWN IDIOTS policy,

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So is Jake a recreational user or an addict?

How can anyone really know.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What happens when recruiters become narrow in there focus... And try to get specific.

Pace.. Lovett.. Key Def... Carlisle
It also seems we are now emphasising kicking at this years draft... (When surely you just get the best player?)

In recruiting, and drafting I reckon you need an open mind and other options... And never be desperate to get a deal done.

(Not sure why Tomlinson wasn't another option?)

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:What happens when recruiters become narrow in there focus... And try to get specific.

Pace.. Lovett.. Key Def... Carlisle
It also seems we are now emphasising kicking at this years draft... (When surely you just get the best player?)

In recruiting, and drafting I reckon you need an open mind and other options... And never be desperate to get a deal done.

(Not sure why Tomlinson wasn't another option?)

Probably because he didn't leave where he was playing. Anyway Carlisle will be very good for us. No point in hoping otherwise but there will be people hoping he fails to say I told you so which is unfortunate. Lets hope for our club we have made a great long term decision.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

We all hope for the best now that he is ours.
That does not alter the need for reviewing the selection criteria and bargaining that took place.
People on here tried to justify the Lovett decision on the basis that other clubs were also bidding on him!
Our recruiters need to create a set of selection criteria that stops hasty ad-hoc decisions in the future.

ripplug66
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:We all hope for the best now that he is ours.
That does not alter the need for reviewing the selection criteria and bargaining that took place.
People on here tried to justify the Lovett decision on the basis that other clubs were also bidding on him!
Our recruiters need to create a set of selection criteria that stops hasty ad-hoc decisions in the future.

But why are we comparing Lovett and Carlisle. Surely there is none or hardly any people involved in both decisions.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote: there is no evidence that Essendon knew anything about the video or if Carlisle was an illicit drug user.
??And if evidence was to emerge??????????????????????????????????????????????? !!
Their doctor would be in breach of the current drug rules of the AFL and if anyone else knows or says they do, Essendon have either broken the rules or the person saying it is full of s.hit.

Personally I wouldn't trust anything an Essendon person says.

You are garbage - Enough said
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

But why are we comparing Lovett and Carlisle. Surely there is none or hardly any people involved in both decisions.
maybe not the people but the process was at fault?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You're assuming that they don't already?

and not directed specifically at you whiskers but in response to some posts on her over the past couple of weeks.
Everyone on here is entitled to express an opinion, but I shake my head at those who think so negatively about those employed at our Club that they need to 'second-guess' every decision In the hopes of obtaining an 'I told you so' moment.
I for one believe that the staff, including those involved in recruiting, are well resourced professionals who know what they're doing and understand what the Club's philosophies, needs and plans are when making decisions.
For keyboard warriors like myself to even hint that they're unaware ignoramuses is just sheer nonsense (IMHO)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
You're assuming that they don't already?

and not directed specifically at you whiskers but in response to some posts on her over the past couple of weeks.
Everyone on here is entitled to express an opinion, but I shake my head at those who think so negatively about those employed at our Club that they need to 'second-guess' every decision In the hopes of obtaining an 'I told you so' moment.
I for one believe that the staff, including those involved in recruiting, are well resourced professionals who know what they're doing and understand what the Club's philosophies, needs and plans are when making decisions.
For keyboard warriors like myself to even hint that they're unaware ignoramuses is just sheer nonsense (IMHO)
Respect for what you say Mr M
but leaving the latest incident aside I would have had grave reservations about recruiting Carlisle after the "this club is ..." episode.
Perhaps our clubs' selection criteria is in need of review?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:

We should cease to trade with Essendope from here on in. They are scum, we have been burnt twice. That should be enough.
I wouldn't have traded with them this time.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Possession of what?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Possession of what?

:lol:

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Does anyone know what Carlisle's reduced contract will looks like?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!