Beau Maister

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milne
Club Player

Re: Beau Maister

I don't want him to play for us again.

Trixilver
Club Player

I wish he stopped getting the sarcastic cheers from the crowd. He was handy to have today, crashing packs, etc. He did more than Kosi in his later years.

Beekay
SS Life Member

As much as I can't stand watching him play, the bronx cheers are a blight on the club.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Milne wrote:I don't want him to play for us again.
splits packs tries hard... but man just can't hold em atm... i remeber i jumped out of my seat yelling when he held one. for me i woud like to see Longer come in for him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
St Lenny
Club Player

He has done little at his time at St Kilda, we won't go places with a player like him. He tries hard, but just not good enough.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:As much as I can't stand watching him play, the bronx cheers are a blight on the club.
The Zac Dawson of the forward line?
Serves a purpose does a job but have to close your eyes when he is near the ball.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Milne wrote:I don't want him to play for us again.
splits packs tries hard... but man just can't hold em atm... i remeber i jumped out of my seat yelling when he held one. for me i woud like to see Longer come in for him.
Agreed. Needs to go back to Sandy and build his confidence or something ...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Craw
Club Player

I sit in the forward pocket so i get to see what goes on when the ball is coming down the feild.

Beau pushes, shoves and blocks oppenents so roo etc can get clear space to lead then makes an alternative lead. He does a lot of stuff off the ball that creates space. As far as i am concerned, today was a 6.5/10.

Not Craw, CRAW!
SMS
Club Player

Beau,

You are no doubt a good footballer and Im sure could dominate VFL games BUT you are not good enough to dominate AFL or even keep up with its pace. You cannot mark the ball and you get lost in the thick of it.

Thank you for your time and work. But it is time to go.

Richo ... tell Lee to get a haircut, and get ready to play next week.

OUT: Maisater (retired)
IN: Lee

PS. Take note Rhys Stanley you aren't far off the same treatment. Fair dinkum pull ya fin ger out and play harder!

SMS
Club Player

I understand he plays a decoy and shoving role but that needs to be looked at when he cant mark and make right decisions.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Beau,

You are no doubt a good footballer and Im sure could dominate VFL games BUT you are not good enough to dominate AFL or even keep up with its pace. You cannot mark the ball and you get lost in the thick of it.

Thank you for your time and work. But it is time to go.

Richo ... tell Lee to get a haircut, and get ready to play next week.

OUT: Maisater (retired)
IN: Lee

PS. Take note Rhys Stanley you aren't far off the same treatment. Fair dinkum pull ya fin ger out and play harder!
You do know he had 8 marks.

Also crashed the pack that set up the winning goal.

Did you even watch the game?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

sms

are you for real? Stanley is playing some vg footy atm... wtf do some of you guys expect?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

We recruited Lee for this position (which cost pick 11 or 12??) and he is not playing (and even when he does he only plays for 5 minutes per match).

We are seriously in trouble when Roo retires.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

We recruited Lee for this position (which cost pick 11 or 12??) and he is not playing (and even when he does he only plays for 5 minutes per match).

I havent seen a kick in anger but surely after 2 out of 2 we dont need to call OUR players spuds.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
I agree, we will be in all sorts of strife when Roo retires, there are NO replacements on our list , YET.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

I havent seen a kick in anger but surely after 2 out of 2 we dont need to call OUR players spuds.
Apparently we do. spuds, gumby's, and people wonder why Saints supporters jeer their own players.

Pretty poor.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint
Club Player

nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:
had a few have ya :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
avid
Club Player

If he just held 75% of his marks we'd all think he was terrific.
I think there's something wrong with him.
I think they should get his eyes checked. Or his hand grip strength checked. I think there might be something very specific going wrong.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:If he just held 75% of his marks we'd all think he was terrific.
I think they should get his eyes checked. Or his hand grip strength checked. I think there might be something very specific going wrong.
took 8 today. How many attempts?

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
took 8 today. How many attempts?

Again i havent seen a kick in anger. Is that really true? Surely not.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Before he broke his wrist/hand last year..... he was playing some good footy and was holding marks OK then. Think that injury may have had some lasting effect on the strength in his hands.

kimberly saint
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:
had a few have ya :lol: :lol:
na mate sober as, by no means am i claiming to be a know it all or AFL footballer but played bit footy and find it hard to believe sum dribble blokes say about a guy out there busting his ringer for the saints . You dont have to be to smart to see he's struggling but to say he should be pissed of know etc , if he is picked again this week the folk that really matter can see he is doing his role and if he is not hope he finds bit form in the 2s

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Think it's abit unfair, as mentioned he actions set up a goal ( i saw that happen) or 2 today which was the difference in us winning or losing.
I just wish he could cluck a few more like he was in 2013

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jack dyer.....captain blood.... used to talk about good ordinary players......at the moment...beau is an ordinary ordinary player....hope he gets better though...but at 28 years of age ..that seems unlikely.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.