Beau Maister

Milne

Re: Beau Maister

I don't want him to play for us again.

Trixilver

I wish he stopped getting the sarcastic cheers from the crowd. He was handy to have today, crashing packs, etc. He did more than Kosi in his later years.

Beekay

As much as I can't stand watching him play, the bronx cheers are a blight on the club.

ShanghaiSaint

Milne wrote:I don't want him to play for us again.
splits packs tries hard... but man just can't hold em atm... i remeber i jumped out of my seat yelling when he held one. for me i woud like to see Longer come in for him.

St Lenny

He has done little at his time at St Kilda, we won't go places with a player like him. He tries hard, but just not good enough.

Beekay wrote:As much as I can't stand watching him play, the bronx cheers are a blight on the club.
The Zac Dawson of the forward line?
Serves a purpose does a job but have to close your eyes when he is near the ball.

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Milne wrote:I don't want him to play for us again.
splits packs tries hard... but man just can't hold em atm... i remeber i jumped out of my seat yelling when he held one. for me i woud like to see Longer come in for him.
Agreed. Needs to go back to Sandy and build his confidence or something ...

The Craw

I sit in the forward pocket so i get to see what goes on when the ball is coming down the feild.

Beau pushes, shoves and blocks oppenents so roo etc can get clear space to lead then makes an alternative lead. He does a lot of stuff off the ball that creates space. As far as i am concerned, today was a 6.5/10.

Not Craw, CRAW!
SMS

Beau,

You are no doubt a good footballer and Im sure could dominate VFL games BUT you are not good enough to dominate AFL or even keep up with its pace. You cannot mark the ball and you get lost in the thick of it.

Thank you for your time and work. But it is time to go.

Richo ... tell Lee to get a haircut, and get ready to play next week.

OUT: Maisater (retired)
IN: Lee

PS. Take note Rhys Stanley you aren't far off the same treatment. Fair dinkum pull ya fin ger out and play harder!

SMS

I understand he plays a decoy and shoving role but that needs to be looked at when he cant mark and make right decisions.

SMS wrote:Beau,

You are no doubt a good footballer and Im sure could dominate VFL games BUT you are not good enough to dominate AFL or even keep up with its pace. You cannot mark the ball and you get lost in the thick of it.

Thank you for your time and work. But it is time to go.

Richo ... tell Lee to get a haircut, and get ready to play next week.

OUT: Maisater (retired)
IN: Lee

PS. Take note Rhys Stanley you aren't far off the same treatment. Fair dinkum pull ya fin ger out and play harder!
You do know he had 8 marks.

Also crashed the pack that set up the winning goal.

Did you even watch the game?

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ShanghaiSaint

sms

are you for real? Stanley is playing some vg footy atm... wtf do some of you guys expect?

Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

We recruited Lee for this position (which cost pick 11 or 12??) and he is not playing (and even when he does he only plays for 5 minutes per match).

We are seriously in trouble when Roo retires.

Jacks Back wrote:Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

We recruited Lee for this position (which cost pick 11 or 12??) and he is not playing (and even when he does he only plays for 5 minutes per match).

I havent seen a kick in anger but surely after 2 out of 2 we dont need to call OUR players spuds.

Jacks Back wrote:
I agree, we will be in all sorts of strife when Roo retires, there are NO replacements on our list , YET.

Jacks Back wrote:Maister is a spud. If you are playing as a lead up forward and you can't mark the ball out the front with no pressure then you can piss off back to WA. I don't give a tinkers cuss if he splits packs! And if people want to jeer him then who cares, they paid their money.

I havent seen a kick in anger but surely after 2 out of 2 we dont need to call OUR players spuds.
Apparently we do. spuds, gumby's, and people wonder why Saints supporters jeer their own players.

Pretty poor.

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint

nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:

kimberly saint wrote:nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:
had a few have ya :lol: :lol:

avid

If he just held 75% of his marks we'd all think he was terrific.
I think there's something wrong with him.
I think they should get his eyes checked. Or his hand grip strength checked. I think there might be something very specific going wrong.

avid wrote:If he just held 75% of his marks we'd all think he was terrific.
I think they should get his eyes checked. Or his hand grip strength checked. I think there might be something very specific going wrong.
took 8 today. How many attempts?

Again i havent seen a kick in anger. Is that really true? Surely not.

Before he broke his wrist/hand last year..... he was playing some good footy and was holding marks OK then. Think that injury may have had some lasting effect on the strength in his hands.

kimberly saint

Wayne42 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:nothing wrong with bit constructive criticism or stating the obvious (he is really struggling with his marking), but sum you blokes are just pack f ...k wits paying to get in the gate or a membership doesn't give you sum god given right to just be rude prick ya meant to be supporting the saints. why dont ya head of to richmond or carlton :roll:
had a few have ya :lol: :lol:
na mate sober as, by no means am i claiming to be a know it all or AFL footballer but played bit footy and find it hard to believe sum dribble blokes say about a guy out there busting his ringer for the saints . You dont have to be to smart to see he's struggling but to say he should be pissed of know etc , if he is picked again this week the folk that really matter can see he is doing his role and if he is not hope he finds bit form in the 2s

ShanghaiSaint

Think it's abit unfair, as mentioned he actions set up a goal ( i saw that happen) or 2 today which was the difference in us winning or losing.
I just wish he could cluck a few more like he was in 2013

jack dyer.....captain blood.... used to talk about good ordinary players......at the moment...beau is an ordinary ordinary player....hope he gets better though...but at 28 years of age ..that seems unlikely.....