Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

The Jeff wrote:
saintdooley wrote:1 down, 2 to go.

but seriously, 300k? The guy would be mad not to accept seeing as he is a joke and i am shocked he actually got an offer at all.

Fingers crossed he accepts.
Does our Cheer Squad have sperate values centred around marginalising particular players, or are you in a seperate faction known as the 'Jeer' squad.

I wish Ross Lyin would offer you $300k to promote 'club' values.
Just because i sit in the cheer squad it does not mean i need to support everything every player does.
i join in chants, make some noise, wave flags, go interstate, help with the banner. But if there is a player in out team who is just s***, i dont see the need to give them any support.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Should have drafted Nathan Caroll...

:shock: :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:stanley
LOL

yeah
he'll do alright one on one huh?

see ya zac
saints obviously means jack shite and money talks

300 grand
pffft
you should be lucky to get 200 bud
lucky to get 200? How the guy made AFL in the first place is beyond me. Hawthorn would of been laughing for days after they found out a club was actually interested in him.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
LOL

yeah

see ya zac

300 grand
pffft
lucky to get 200? How the guy made AFL in the first place is beyond me. Hawthorn would of been laughing for days after they found out a club was actually interested in him.
Another brilliant and insightful comment from a fool. Well I can tell you that no one is interested in you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
defacto
Club Player

its a certainty we will go for a cheap mature age recruit who can play down back.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
LOL

yeah

see ya zac

300 grand
pffft
Another brilliant and insightful comment from a fool. Well I can tell you that no one is interested in you.
I know...but i am absolutely starstruck someone is interested in Zac!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I just hope we don't look back in a few years and see this as Shane Wakelin, mark 2. He inexplicably slipped through the cracks when Malcolm Blight came in and went on to play a heap of excellent footy at FB for Collingwood, leaving Max to play above his weight at FB for us, when he could have kept on playing on the likes Phil Matera, Brad Johnson, etc, who he would do so well on.
I think that delisting of Wakelin cost us plenty of games and this will turn out to be costly for us if we don't have an excellent option to replace Zac.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 31 Oct 2011 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's hardly shocking Dools when it's the same guy interested in him as last time?

sRaf
Club Player

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: I think that delisting of Wakelin cost us plenty of games and this will turn out to be costly for us if we don't have an excellent option to replace Zac.
The problem is we needed an excellent option to replace Zac from the moment we had Zac -
i.e. whenever Cloke, Setanta or Waite etc.. took mark after easy mark one on one against him.

One on one he's nothing. .. just ask Rocca who took him apart and Zac hasn't really improved since. He offers absolutely no resistance vs Cloke.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:The fact is Zac plays on the quality talls/monsters week in week out.
Im talking Buddy/Cloke etc etc. And as much as people criticise him he NEVER gets toweled up. When was the last time some fwd kicked a bag against us?

Granted we play a good team defense and we often have a loose man to double team. But sheesh. Cloke/Brown/Buddy etc would love to play on Blake. Simkin is promising but not sure he is tall enough for those guys?

Zac = big hole.
Can not believe so many just bagging ZAC

Whilst he has limitations will be hard to replace.

saint4life
dragit
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:just ask Rocca who took him apart and Zac hasn't really improved since.
There's not liking someone, then there's ridiculous statements like this…

He was 18 when Rocca kicked 8 on him & he hasn't had a bag kicked on him since… He's not the greatest player to ever pull on a jumper, but he is tall, fast and very good at spoiling, something we currently don't have a replacement for.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Flipside he isn't going to have the likes of Goddard, Gwilt, Fisher, Gilbert, Blake around him at Freo.

Our defence has been built on teamwork, and a willingness to committ to each other and the contest.

Will Freo's backline buy into that as solidly as our boys did?

Dunno.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
ThePunter wrote:I would have to think we'd be looking at a mature age recruit in that position at some stage in the draft.
Michael Coad?
Might be an option Michael Coad 28, 190/86. Plus 2 other delisted tall backs Mark Austin 22, 193/95. Tom Collier 23, 192/86. Also WAFL, SANFL
They might replace from within also....

Interesting how Dawson's getting slammed now, yes he was limited, but I don't remember too many bags of goals kicked on him - not like there's a swag of replacements is there :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 01 Nov 2011 1:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
samoht
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
samoht wrote:just ask Rocca who took him apart and Zac hasn't really improved since.

He was 18 when Rocca kicked 8 on him & he hasn't had a bag kicked on him since… He's not the greatest player to ever pull on a jumper, but he is tall, fast and very good at spoiling, something we currently don't have a replacement for.
How often do individual kpp kick bags against defensive sides (like St kilda) with all the flooding taking place?
The point is one on one he's nothing.
He offers no resistance.
Rocca is in the past okay .. but Cloke, Setanta, Waite - they mark at will against Dawson. It's ridiculous to overlook that... before you refer to my observation as ridiculous.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
dragit wrote:

How often do individual kpp kick bags against defensive sides (like St kilda) with all the flooding taking place?
The point is one on one he's nothing.
He offers no resistance.
Rocca is in the past okay .. but Cloke, Setanta, Waite - they mark at will against Dawson. It's ridiculous to overlook that.
The bigger point is that until there is someone better (no, Stanley doesn't count) it is a big loss…

samoht
Saintsational Legend

oops ..
Last edited by samoht on Mon 31 Oct 2011 3:00pm, edited 2 times in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

doubled up post .. see next post
Last edited by samoht on Mon 31 Oct 2011 2:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

The bigger point is that until there is someone better (no, Stanley doesn't count) it is a big loss…
Max Hughton was a loss, Frawley was a loss .. Dawson will not be a loss.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

I predict that our Full Back next year will be the best Full Back currently playing in the WAFL. (Whoever that may be.)

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Look at his stupid head in the picture with Roo and ask yourself if you'll miss him. The bloke's a spud. I can't wait to see him play us round 4 and get taken to the cleaners.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Look at his stupid head in the picture with Roo and ask yourself if you'll miss him. The bloke's a spud. I can't wait to see him play us round 4 and get taken to the cleaners.
McEvoy would kick 5 goals on Dawson if he's resting one on one on him.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What gets me is that this is all supposed to be because of salary cap issues. We need to get rid of more than just Zac. We are going to have one hell of long stay at the bottom if the club doesn't get rid of some of the under talanted overpaid prima donnas weighing us down. We come runners up a couple of times. You'd seriously think that we'd won a couple the way the players are putting their hands out.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What gets me is that this is all supposed to be because of salary cap issues. We need to get rid of more than just Zac. We are going to have one hell of long stay at the bottom if the club doesn't get rid of some of the under talanted overpaid prima donnas weighing us down. We come runners up a couple of times. You'd seriously think that we'd won a couple the way the players are putting their hands out.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Look at his stupid head in the picture with Roo and ask yourself if you'll miss him. The bloke's a spud. I can't wait to see him play us round 4 and get taken to the cleaners.
The NZ fiasco was worse IMO.

Dawson was the only player involved in both the Miami and NZ incidents.

He was also the oldest of the 4 players caught out in Queenstown.

Yes he may be hard to replace however I too have doubts about his character and maturity, especially when we had thrown him a lifeline only a couple of years earlier.

If he's not prepared to play for what we are prepared, and able, to pay him then so be it. He's welcome to get the Lyon on the line and take his boyish charms west.