WB VS STK SCORES

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mick13
Club Player

Quixote wrote:I just wrote a full page summary, went to post, had been timed-out, logged back in - lost it. :twisted:
Dooood.

Shoulda hit the back button. Then just copied and pasted it. :(

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:I just wrote a full page summary, went to post, had been timed-out, logged back in - lost it. :twisted:
Yeh..that happened to me several times in the past.

Now anytime I write a longer post..

I always make sure I copy the post prior to hitting submit.

That way if I am times out it is just a quick paste rather turning the air blue!!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
Dooood.

Shoulda hit the back button. Then just copied and pasted it. :(
When I have done that in the past the field has been blank.

So now I always hit copy prior to submit . It often saves me heartache.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:have to single out Column Begley.
Didn't think Colm was tall enough to earn that nickname. :wink:
Would bea good aussie nicknmae then as nickname are often opposites.

ie calling redheads Blue...etc.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="3rd generation saint"]I was at the game too, thought Lynch showed promise, especially as he showed a bit of agro towards the Bulldogs.[/quote]

He went to one of those schools where you are taught to stand up to Bullies.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just as an aside...Geelong and Port have had a combined 60-odd more handpasses than kicks between them today...looks like its the way of
the future *sigh*

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:what a crap write up by the hun......no mentionof the saints...guess that will be par for the course this year for having the age as a sponsor....

That was a joke of a report. I can't believe it has anything to do with our Age sponsorship but someone stuffed up big time.

Looks like it was written for a Bulldogs Fan Forum.

A few have commented on the article, we should all give the author a serve.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

as some have
Have Your SayLatest Comments:
Well, looks like John Ralph didn't like the Bulldogs. But what about the winning Side? Not a single name mentioned except in goalkickers and best players.

Posted by: Robin Lovell of Avoca 9:08am today
What about the other team no time to comment on them???? It would have been nice to find out how some of the saints players went in there first game of the year. Like hayes and kosi.

Posted by: scott wilkinson of clayton 6:09am today
It would be nice to hear something about the saints?

Posted by: James Rose 12:23am today

Have something to say? Add your feedback here
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 28 Feb 2009 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Found some stuff about the Saints hidden in this article:

St Kilda goes easy on Nick Riewoldt

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Not even Riewoldt would have added much spark to a lacklustre hitout at Visy Park, marred by turnovers. Both sides could only produce 13 goals in total, and the Dogs managed only one after halftime.

Asked about the game not being pretty, Lyon said: "I think it's where footy's gone a bit.

"I watched a bit of Richmond-Collingwood. Everyone's pressing more, there's more zone football and it's forcing more possession.

"Everyone's still trying to crack the code."

Riewoldt's long-time forward partner Justin Koschitzke had his first full-scale hitout against the Dogs, picking up five disposals in more than 70 minutes.

Koschitzke was beaten in most one-on-one contests by Bulldog Brian Lake and finished goalless - even if he did spray two reasonably simple shots on goal.

Steven Baker made a successful return after 10 months out with a knee injury.

Former Dog Farren Ray had 25 disposals, but continues to use it by hand far more than by foot.

The experiment of playing Sam Gilbert up forward continued. He copped a tough opponent, Dale Morris, but managed to sneak two goals.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just as an aside...Geelong and Port have had a combined 60-odd more handpasses than kicks between them today...looks like its the way of
the future *sigh*
I think, or at least hope it was due to the windy conditions.

Handball are great for breaking the lines, but it was over used today in any case

Also that goal by Geelong in the 3rd quarter with the use of multiple handballs was one of the best plays I've seen for a while

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the reports - all of you

Great to hear about Ball, Begley, Dawson and Ray :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ray did well, would have had a lot to prove against his ex-coach and would be glad to have that game under his belt.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Just as an aside...Geelong and Port have had a combined 60-odd more handpasses than kicks between them today...looks like its the way of
the future *sigh*

It's only the way of the future until somebody figures out how to exploit it. Then everyone will copy and it'll be history.

I still think the NAB rules are contributing. Bring back 15m marks and backwards kicks and I think we'll see a lot less handballing. The huge clusters of players should spread out a bit once teams can effectively switch play.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Solar
Saintsational Legend

agree with most of what has been said

first quarter and a half was full of scrappy mistakes. Seems most sides are attempting to use handballs off half back and try and spot up a team mate inside 50. This season will see the good users of the ball come to the fore and those who struggle by foot turn matches to the negative.

Look this was a terrible game for jones. He looks great when he doesn't have the ball but now teams are zoning off him and letting him kick the ball. would take ray over him currently. Ray is woking his butt off in and out of packs. Can stick a tackle and seems to make the right decision in the most part. Can't always look to handpass but at least he is sticking to his strengths.

Ball was very impressive, kicked a nice goal and was moving well. Best he has looked sine 2005 IMO.

Gram was good in patches, I think the way football is going will suit him, especially if the rest of the midfield can lift their tackling and blocking. Started to work from contest to contest which is a nice improvement in his game. Workrate is higher and this will help him move into the midfield.

King and gardiner were great in the ruck and out mids were killing them in the middle. the likes of hayes, baker, joey, BJ all looked rusty and the game time together is always nice.

Fisher looked better when put to half back. The best example I could use (please don't shoot the soccer example) is he played the sweeper role very well. He struggles when forced to take a leading forward or quick small forward but as a defensive mid he is a lovely GOP. Baker helped with his ability to shut down small forwards, aker was destroyed by baker and mini.

On mini, gosh he can stick a tackle! Spilt a chance down forward but ran hard, showed some speed and caused a turnover from the dogs kick out.

Dal drifted in and out of the game. Not too fussed about his and BJ's game as it looked they were interchanged so much they struggled to get into the match.

milne was milne, did a couple of nice things, one ending up in a goal to dal.

begley was very good, worked hard at half back and half forward. is very quick and good skills.

heynes showed something again by using his body. Not sure about his kicking but IMO he will make it. Disposal under pressure will see whether this will be as a verygood player or just a GOP list filler.

LJ is a beauty, what lovely hands he has. He is a footballer, not athelete (love that we have started to draft footballers in national draft and rookie the atheletes). good vision, very good hands and sets up te play. Remember he was an underage player (along with sevens) so we should have patience with him.

Macca is a ruckman who can play forward, right now he is being played as a forward. Wont see much AFL action this year but needs to work hard at making the sandy ruck position his own. leave the forward development work to lynch, heyne and cahill.

dawson was alot better, has some mongral. Still think there are better options down back unless max doesn't play.

really disapointing about goose and should start round 1 for sandy.

oh and lastly, x is a half back flanker and looks like his body is right. along with baker he could be the suprise package!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints43
Club Player

Solar wrote:On mini, gosh he can stick a tackle! Spilt a chance down forward but ran hard, showed some speed and caused a turnover from the dogs kick out.
I forgot to mention McQualter in my report. I have been critical of him in the past so should acknowledge what a good game he played. Wouldn't it be great if he was part of the self-driven improvement we need to have this year?

Really good report from Solar.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the reports people, much appreciated.

Work got in the way of my private life, so couldn't make it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:heynes showed something again by using his body. Not sure about his kicking but IMO he will make it. Disposal under pressure will see whether this will be as a verygood player or just a GOP list filler
would he be a chance for round 1 and, for anyone else who saw the game, which of the other newbies would be a possibility? begley? dawson?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps the final word on this game?

It was reported today that there were 62 clangers between the two sides..31 to the Dogs and 21 to us...

This is a record for any game since Champion Data started keeping this stat in 1999

......and NAB CHallenge games are around 10 mins shorter than regular games lol

So...we all groaned at the standard of play with good reason

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the team that cracks the code will win the 2009 premiership

and we have one of the best all rounded coaching minds in the afl to do so

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.