Carlton Woeful

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlton Woeful

Reports in the media a lot of players not aligned with the club and each other.

Whoever they are, if they suit our needs we should look at getting them. One of Cripps, Walsh, Cerra would go down well.

In reality the only way out for Carlton is to sack the coach and trade heavily into the next 2 drafts. Plus whatever needs to happen at admin/board level.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 9:14am
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:38pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 8:36pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:05pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 12:44pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:32am Calm down Teflon and take a Xanax

No need for the abuse

You sound like a petulant child
Teflon is a typical keyboard warrior. Attacks everyone in the forum has an opinion that doesn’t align with his. So close minded that he can’t see the opinions of others and bullies everyone. Can the administrators kick him off. He’s another Curly.
From a poster with 31 posts …you sure you’re not someone else in disguise???? The direct attacks only at me are a bit if a giveaway…
At least Curly has been around longer and contributed more than a 1 hit fake poster such as yourself
I’d be surprised if you’re even a Saints fan ..just as likely to be another no name troll
Anyway, troll stop talking about posters and put forth a footy opinion…if you can muster an original thought that is..
31 posts because I’m new on the board. Been a long time lurker and decided to sign up because I like talking football and listening to everyone’s opinions on this board. Learnt pretty quickly there’s crusty bullies like yourselves that linger on here. Just be kinder mate. We all barrack for the one team and want to taste the glory.
You’re a lurker whose come on the board and singled out me cause you think it might win you a few internet mates
Pretty shallow
If you’re genuinely concerned about “all these crusty old bullies” I suggest you start naming them????
But that won’t win you friends
Oh and you like talking footy ??? Still yet to read a post where you offer a view ….how about start with that before saving the forum ?
I’m naming you?

I’ve started several threads… each one you highjack and abuse the people who offer opinions.
You’ve started threads?
So far I’ve read 1 football post from you in the site
Rest of your comments are about me/posters
Do us a favour and toddle off back to troll land

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 10:42pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:09pm
saynta wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:53am
Teflon wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:49pm
Otiman wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:47pm The ramblings of lunatics (or otherwise) on forums doesn't amount to "support" or "not support". Support is showing up at games, getting involved with the club.
True
But it’s a weird type of behaviour on a footy fan site when you can sense posters eagerly waiting for their team to fall over so they can say - I told you so
We’ve got Saynta openly hating on the coach after 11 games ??
You can’t deny that’s odd behaviour..
Surely we just want to win???
No, I have hated him a lot longer than that. He cost us two flags then waked out on us. What's not to hate.

Look, like most supporters I was willing to support him, but I now see the old failures and faults being exposed . Playing spuds rather than good footballers was only one of them.

Anyway,the more you bag me the more s*** I will put on your "master coach". Been a bit slow to work that out haven't you.
Case in point
11 games - I hate Ross Lyon cause he cost us 2 flags?? WTF kinda childish, imbecilic dross is that ?
I mean this is my whole point
It’s not about Ross Lyon - it’s about a loser mentality attacking someone the club appointed whose 11 games in????
Just bizarre.
Then suggests he’s doing it to get back at me ? Even weirder
Carry on..strange times
I just want to win but wow 🤩
Stuff like this tends to show a degree of lack of faith in one’s convictions.

If you don’t rate Lyon due to past performance and are prepared to write him off… I could understand that

But you decide to give him a go and base on performance… seems reasonable

6 rounds on he’s master coach

5 rounds later he’s the dud he’s always been

I’m getting a little motion sickness here.

As you well know Tef, I’m wasn’t RL’s biggest fan. In fact, I reckon I hold the distinction of being the first major critic and certainly one of the harsher ones.

As you’ve repeatedly pointed out though… it doesn’t make a lot of sense criticising RTB in 2023 for his approach up to 2011.
And on a personal level… I’ve always been very much of the opinion that rapid fluctuations in assessments of plan is usually the result of heightened emotion (barring a major event).
IMO it’s completely illogical to suggest that he was great a month ago and is a liability now. Reality is that he’s pbly doing exactly the same thing and has to work through some slumps.

So here are the facts as I see them…

RTB came in and had little opportunity to do anything to mould/change the list

There has an absolute plethora of injuries

Few people if any expected us to win many games early on and even fewer expected finals

In the first 6 weeks, expectations were smashed

In the 5 weeks that followed, we dropped back to the pack badly

There has been a lot to like in terms of structures, trialling new players, focusing on some youth

There is some concerns with playing injured players and sticking with older players out of form whilst some seem deprived of opportunity.

Overall… at this point we’ve done better than could be expected. We’re pbly not in a position to challenge… but at the same time, it looks like an overall weak season and our absolute best seems as good as anyone else’s.

It will be a big off-season and we’ll have a greater understanding of where things are going but in the meantime, RTB would pbly win some friends if we can get Bytel and Windy into the team ahead of Ross and Paton at least whilst they’re horribly out of form… and assign a tagger across half forward.

An analysis more detailed than that is pretty pointless as we simply don’t have enough data.

Everything else just seems hysterical to me one way or another,
Superb post Skeptic
What I will say is yes you’ve never been a huge Lyon fan and that’s ok cause you e backed that up with logic and sensible arguments. No issue there for mine
It’s simply way too early yo suggest Lyon now is better than past
I do think he’s better than Voss etc so would rather our position over Carlton’s..

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 9:58pm He was held to his contract last season - he’s OOC at the end of this season

He hasn’t resigned yet

If he hasn’t in four weeks, he’s gone - perhaps Lyon is going to Luke Ball him?

His best mate is LDU
Oh no, he could be the next Billings and be the best footballer not working hard enough or just notb urable enough to live out his potential.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 4:48pm Reports in the media a lot of players not aligned with the club and each other.

Whoever they are, if they suit our needs we should look at getting them. One of Cripps, Walsh, Cerra would go down well.

In reality the only way out for Carlton is to sack the coach and trade heavily into the next 2 drafts. Plus whatever needs to happen at admin/board level.
Imagine the Carlton heads explode if SOS snagged Crips and Walsh. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:26am
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 9:14am
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:38pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 8:36pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:05pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 12:44pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:32am Calm down Teflon and take a Xanax

No need for the abuse

You sound like a petulant child
Teflon is a typical keyboard warrior. Attacks everyone in the forum has an opinion that doesn’t align with his. So close minded that he can’t see the opinions of others and bullies everyone. Can the administrators kick him off. He’s another Curly.
From a poster with 31 posts …you sure you’re not someone else in disguise???? The direct attacks only at me are a bit if a giveaway…
At least Curly has been around longer and contributed more than a 1 hit fake poster such as yourself
I’d be surprised if you’re even a Saints fan ..just as likely to be another no name troll
Anyway, troll stop talking about posters and put forth a footy opinion…if you can muster an original thought that is..
31 posts because I’m new on the board. Been a long time lurker and decided to sign up because I like talking football and listening to everyone’s opinions on this board. Learnt pretty quickly there’s crusty bullies like yourselves that linger on here. Just be kinder mate. We all barrack for the one team and want to taste the glory.
You’re a lurker whose come on the board and singled out me cause you think it might win you a few internet mates
Pretty shallow
If you’re genuinely concerned about “all these crusty old bullies” I suggest you start naming them????
But that won’t win you friends
Oh and you like talking footy ??? Still yet to read a post where you offer a view ….how about start with that before saving the forum ?
I’m naming you?

I’ve started several threads… each one you highjack and abuse the people who offer opinions.
You’ve started threads?
So far I’ve read 1 football post from you in the site
Rest of your comments are about me/posters
Do us a favour and toddle off back to troll land
I didn’t know you could read?

Nah just comments about you Tef. We are best mates now.

I’ll go if you come with?

On the plus side I think Vossy might be coaching for his career.