Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko and the Hawks disgusting behaviour.

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:55pm
Sainternist wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:55pm Russell Jackson is one of the best AFL journalists going. He’s also a St.Kilda supporter.

He wrote the Robbie Muir and Rod Owen stories in the last couple of years, both also harrowing exposés
Correct. He’s been doing some incredible investigative journalism of some pretty dark stories from behind the scenes.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:25pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:18pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:09pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:56pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:50pm Curly why are you using the term “woke” as an insult?
No I'm saying people can still have an opinion and not be racist or sexist or any other label that gets thrown now.
Don’t forget this whole report was off the back of the fact that Hawthorn needed to investigate their treatment of indigenous people from that time.

We get 3 absolutely disgusting stories emerge from said report of indigenous players forces to leave their loved ones, being told to abort an unborn child, forced to live with coaches and forced to change their SIM cards so family couldn’t contact them.

And your conclusion is “it’s not a racial issue” and “nothing to see here”.

Have I got that right?
Has anyone stopped and thought, hey would would a coaching group and respected people in the community do that?

Do you honestly believe they had sinister racsist intentions?

Seriously FFS why do we all just jump to the conclusion that these men did this for racist reasons.
Not sure why I bothered to be honest.
I guess there is no making sense to the ignorant.
Curly you keep believing there isn’t a racial problem in our society and continue to be the poster boy of “White Australia”
Must be nice to live with your head in the sand…

Where did I say there wasn’t an issue in our society?

Not everything is racist or sexist.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Just spoke to a mate of mine who has AFL experience,when/if this blows up expect a massive can of worms to be opened!

PADDLEPOP1000
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:08pm Just spoke to a mate of mine who has AFL experience,when/if this blows up expect a massive can of worms to be opened!
No doubt.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:38pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:35pm
amusingname wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:23am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:18am
Gabba wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:09am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 9:54am Sounds over exagerated to be honest.
To add to the above comment, even if only one instance were true that would be extremely bad. I couldn't support a club that did this to its players.
Young player goes to older respected people and asks for advice. Hardly ground breaking.
That’s your take away from the whole report? Unbelievable
Certainly not surprising comments from Curly.
In Curly’s defense, as opposed to being a blatant racist I just think he/she is ignorant and a little slow.

Check out this peach from Curly 😳
CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 5:19pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 4:30pm You mean this coin;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/ ... /101443846

"What I've learned… is that for First Nations people, colonialism… represents the genocide of their people, the theft of their land, the erasure of their culture and way of life, the loss of their wealth, their basic human rights, and their children."
Empathetic towards them. Issue is if it wasn't the English it would have been another country. We should be all moving forward as one.

Sorry old Mr Woke. Perhaps you should get out in the community rather than your Ivory Tower where you preach from.

Fagan and Clarksons credability >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yours.
Credibility in football - yes!
Credibility if business - no!
Just like they’d have no credibility at the sawmill Curly.
Credibility on a fan forum, no such thing.

Out in the community?

Since retirement over two years ago) I am on the board of two not for profits, one a national organization for mental health and the other a state based supporting victims of domestic violence.

I also provide mentoring for you business people (free of charge so they don’t pay a coach) and fund raise for feeding homeless people.

I have been extremely fortunate, therefore I spend lots of time in the community.

This time in the community has taught me to recognize the typical responses of bigots and racists, and some times a combination of both.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:07pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:50pm Curly why are you using the term “woke” as an insult?
No I'm saying people can still have an opinion and not be racist or sexist or any other label that gets thrown now.
Don’t forget this whole report was off the back of the fact that Hawthorn needed to investigate their treatment of indigenous people from that time.

We get 3 absolutely disgusting stories emerge from said report of indigenous players forces to leave their loved ones, being told to abort an unborn child, forced to live with coaches and forced to change their SIM cards so family couldn’t contact them.

Have I got that right?
Has anyone stopped and thought, hey would would a coaching group and respected people in the community do that?

Seriously FFS why do we all just jump to the conclusion that these men did this for racist reasons.
Curly you keep believing there isn’t a racial problem in our society and continue to be the poster boy of “White Australia”

Spoken (written) like a seasoned racist.

Next will be the old “I’ve got Aboriginal friends so I’m not a racist”. 😡

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

I wonder if Karl Amon may reconsider his choice of club?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Have I got that right?

Possibly not, but I can believe people in the industry are very selfish and manipulative to the point players human rights are overooked in the quest for sucess.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Just announced that Clarko is delaying starting at North due to the allegations.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:29pm

Have I got that right?

Possibly not, but I can believe people in the industry are very selfish and manipulative to the point players human rights are overooked in the quest for sucess.

You realise that players of all races have different backgrounds social demographic friendship groups and so on.

If anyone seriously believes that these players were targeted solely because of race your delusional.

sks023
Club Player

Don't let anyone put you in a box Curly

That's what small minded people do

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:19pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:07pm

Have I got that right?

Spoken (written) like a seasoned racist.

Next will be the old “I’ve got Aboriginal friends so I’m not a racist”. 😡

Yep I’m racist. Only been working with Worawa Aboriginal college since the late 1980’s. Including many years of playing along side many fantastic First Nation footballers. The reason Nicky Winmar came to Warburton was due to work I did with Worawa and the connection we had. The Under 18 footballers had the exact same issues that all young men can experience. Drugs, alcohol young girls social circles.

The advice to all was heartfelt and with the best interest of all players.

You know what else many hard calls were discussed to help these young kids get the best future possible.

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

clarko stepped down from NMFC until investigation is done

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

AFL is reporting that Fagan has been stood down.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

https://www.afl.com.au/news/847720/-sho ... t-at-north

Clarkson's statement is no surprise, he has far too much to lose to admit fault. Hopefully the complaining players have contemporaneously documented or had independant witnesses corroborating their version of events otherwise or will get messy.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:54pm https://www.afl.com.au/news/847720/-sho ... t-at-north

Clarkson's statement is no surprise, he has far too much to lose to admit fault. Hopefully the complaining players have contemporaneously documented or had independant witnesses corroborating their version of events otherwise or will get messy.
Or maybe it isn’t what happened.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 6:51pm
You know what else many hard calls were discussed to help these young kids get the best future possible.
Pretty sure this is the exact same reasoning those responsible for the Stolen Generation gave…

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 7:04pm
Pretty sure this is the exact same reasoning those responsible for the Stolen Generation gave…
Same advice for any kid. We don’t discriminate

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 7:04pm

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Let the process be completed. All players in this saga need to have their version of events heard. We have one side of the story, which seems pretty ordinary. By all means let Clarkson and Fagan give their stories. It's only fair.

I think this also goes to a broader issue of players being treated merely as assets and not people, and their personal circumstances being ignored for the single minded pursuit of success by their coaches. Some on here criticised our club for allowing Paddy Ryder time off for personal reasons. I'd rather the accommodating and understanding approach our club took compared with Hawthorn.

Players are people, not just assets to be bought, sold, and exploited. In the manic pursuit of the ultimate prize there is always the risk of losing perspective

Rubyjo
Club Player

Hawks the family planning club ..

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This could be a very fortuitous day for our club, we should get in early and sack Ratts tomorrow and scoop up Clarko, buy back Hill, Clark and Long for half price and welcome the exodus of players from North and the Lions who will come to us for the Clarko factor.

I apologise in advance...just trying to add a little bit of humour to the situation...I was only joking Teffers.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Allegedly should be in front of Clarko in subject heading

saint4life
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 7:10pm
Let me guess the advice:

- Everyone is against you
- All authorities are blatant cheats
- It’s all a conspiracy
- It’s not your fault you’re failing, it’s <insert institution of choice to blame>
- Language, spelling & grammar are not important

What chance does a new generation of any race or gender have when the likes of Curly is freely dispensing advice.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Yep Clarko refuting all allegations

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!