Bytel.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Peanut Farm
Club Player

Re: Bytel.

perfectionist wrote: Sun 16 Aug 2020 7:50pm Clearly Jack Bytel isn't at AFL standard, but with injuries to Dan Hannebery and Jade Gresham, we don't have any other socks to pull up.

Ben Long is worse and must be dropped if someone is available. He seems to have no peripheral vision which is perhaps why almost every decision he makes is bad. A "speccy" leap every now and then is no substitute for ability.

Jarryn Geary will stay simply for loyalty reasons.
Shane Savage over Ben Long anyday of the week for me.

Bytel will only get better, so young. I thought Hunter Clarke would never make it when he played his first 10 games - did not see anything in him, in fact I though he was the slowest player I had seen in 10 years. These kids just take time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Watch the Freo match at Marvel from last year if you want to get an idea of Ben Long's decision making. Each and every disposal and bump and tackle and tap on created opportunities for the team to score. Bytel is a team player and also makes the right decision and puts us in a better position to score

All I can say is that I am glad Ratts is in charge and not anyone else. He sees the footballer versus the athlete that plays football. In a few games where we just made it over the line last year, Ben Long was crucial.

Ratts has been employed to make the decisions necessary for StKilda to make finals and win finals. I'm sorry if some people can't see it. Ratts has backed in some younger blokes because they will be the ones that push the Saints towards the pointy end of a finals series

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

With Gresh out Bytel should play every game for the rest of the year - finals included.

Kid looks to have a very good football brain and is only 20

Another few preseasons in the weight room and watch out

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!