Baker In. Big Ben OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

THE WARRIOR IS BACK

bushy_999
Club Player

Shock that McEvoy has been dropped. Thought he has had a good year feel sorry for the young lad.

henno
Club Player

The only thing im worried about is that Big Mac would've been ideal to clunk a few grabs up forward....also in recent weeks has been our almost designated kick in marker, always grabs a few on the HFF and will really be missed. Think we're going in too small and thought Ross would make a 'like for like' change..

saints 2011.
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

holy s*** i didn't expect that! A real rabbit out of the hat
I trust Ross heaps though whatever his choice..

Kozzi to share the ruck duties with Gardiner which i think is ok because it also means Roo is freed up in the forward line.. i had noticed Kozzi was in the way of Roo at times

shows his respect for the pies midfield too..

heartbreaking for Mcevoy though :(

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Old Rossy has thrown a cat into the birdcage! :lol: :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

If we're worried about L. Brown to the point of having an exclusive tagger for him, then we're in a hellofalot of trouble....

marksnsparks
Club Player

First bounce Baker takes out Didak and has 2011 off!

FullMonty
Club Player

Sold. Go Bakes!

Montyrules!
saintnick12
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Only if you believe there won't be changes to the selected 22 before the game starts.
rarely do you play games with team selection before a grand final.

dunno, I'm confused
I doubt Baker will be a late out.
I remember Ross being interviewed in the lead up to the prelim and being asked if he would name Baker again and make a decision at the last minute. He said no, mainly because it "it's not fair on Steven". THerefore I can't see Baker not playing now. Seems a good match up for Davis...if Davis actually plays.
Surprised pies have gone for Davis and Presti. Be surprised if both play.

So its either as selected, or a late change for an injury we already know about (eg Eddy or Gram).

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

Absolutely NO CHANCE that Big Mac won't play!

Baker may play if Gram doesn't come up, otherwise unchanged.

Lyon is trying to play funny buggers.

OMG
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

matrix wrote:its only thurs

ive calmed down
gotta be bluffing
might see some changes tho

but dropping a ruckman for a tagger is a big mindfuck lol
Not convinced Matrix. I think if there's rain I'd like to see Bakes in, and showers are forecast for Saturday afternoon.

What will be next from this club ?
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

henno wrote:Think we're going in too small and thought Ross would make a 'like for like' change..
i reckon we've been too tall for a few weeks. remember the second half against geelong where we ran out of legs? and blake spent a lot of time on the bench? this makes perfect sense to give blake a role and add legs to the side.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:Either Gram is out already, or Kosi/Blake to take ruck against Brown.

Gardi to take Jolly always.

Would Blake be playing on Brown anyway? Just stay with him the entire match?
That's what I was thinking exactly so you may be on the money with that one.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

OhMyGoddard wrote:Absolutely NO CHANCE that Big Mac won't play!

yep agree
the one area we had a clear advantage was ruck
WHY would you stuff that up.
Both Gardiner and McEvoy go forward and kick goals thats been proven over time, and it means that Jolly and hack fill-in have to play a very defensive mindset after the bounce. Thats is to our advantage.

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:

yep agree
Both Gardiner and McEvoy go forward and kick goals thats been proven over time, and it means that Jolly and hack fill-in have to play a very defensive mindset after the bounce. Thats is to our advantage.
I understand your concern.

However, you are forgetting that the very capable Pies thrashed us in Rd 16, whatever circumstances may of contributed to it.

Our structure just didn't hold up that day, and I know I don't want Ross to do a Bomber, and back our gameplan when it's obvious it didn't work against them.

We need to come in with a Collingwood specific game plan.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If there's any wet weather, then Kosi will go missing, so we just cant carry too many big blokes. Big Macca has done a superb job for a young bloke learning the game and he is part of the future..at the moment we are playing for now!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i give up
im going to get tea
What are you going for tonight?

Me, I'm having parmesan crumbed barramundi, baked potatoes, steamed vegetables and some char-grilled capsicum.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
im going to get tea

Me, I'm having parmesan crumbed barramundi, baked potatoes, steamed vegetables and some char-grilled capsicum.
Yummo!

My chicken casserole with rice is nearly done, and very unexciting compared to yours.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Beej wrote:
im going to get tea

Parma, chips and salad for me.

SaintHomer
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:If we're worried about L. Brown to the point of having an exclusive tagger for him, then we're in a hellofalot of trouble....
i dont we're necessarily worried about brown, its just that blake is a better match up at 2nd ruck that mcevoy. mcevoy doesn't have the mobility or pace of brown.

not a popular selection, but i think a good one.

as for baker, it was him or geary for me. let's hope he chose correctly

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Spot on Homer, all this Blake tagging Brown is crap. It is simply a superior match up.

In terms of aerbic capacity, ground level skills and playing as a defender, Blake has got Benny Mac covered in all categories.

Considering the high chance of rain, this selection makes even more sense. If Brown goes forward, there is no need for a rotation of defenders, simply Blake follows him.

The gain in the match up we get for having Blake on Brown, is far greater than the loss of Benny Mac's ability to ruck.

Carpe Diem
Ajer
Club Player

Yeah great selection Lyon. Drop one of our tall keymen who has been in great form for a guy who hasnt played in 3 months.

Pathetic decision on th eve of the GF. Baker isnt even that good, dunno what the fascination with him is.

Really pissed off about this.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Yeah great selection Lyon. Drop one of our tall keymen who has been in great form for a guy who hasnt played in 3 months.

Pathetic decision on th eve of the GF. Baker isnt even that good, dunno what the fascination with him is.

And of course you'd do better because you're a fly on the wall.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

yep agree
I understand your concern.

However, you are forgetting that the very capable Pies thrashed us in Rd 16, whatever circumstances may of contributed to it.

Our structure just didn't hold up that day, and I know I don't want Ross to do a Bomber, and back our gameplan when it's obvious it didn't work against them.

We need to come in with a Collingwood specific game plan.

The structure wasn't great in rnd 16 cos a certain #12 wasn't 100% fit yet.

OMG
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Yeah great selection Lyon. Drop one of our tall keymen who has been in great form for a guy who hasnt played in 3 months.

McEvoy is stiff, but Baker won a BnF and was in good form in the first half of the year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs