What Fringe player could we be interested in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: No more caste off's please !

WinnersOnly wrote:If we had of gone to the draft last year year instead of trading away our first two draft picks we wouldd have two good kids (most likely) midfielders running around eg Bastinac & Fyfe or similiar.

I think I recall our Player Manager spruiking that he thought it was a weaker draft when justifying the selection of Lovett. Freo would have delisted Peake so IMO we gave up too much for him also.

Its time to forget the quick fixes SAINTS throw some resources into our recruiting and develop our own kids ...

PLEASE ....
Your joking right? You knew Peake would be delisted from Freo but no one at StKilda knew. Why didnt you tell someone? :roll: :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

There's a bit of assuming going on that we have something to trade...

I'm not sure there's much on our B list that would be of much interest outside our team first game plan.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
sax
Club Player

Royston wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Chris Knights.
he'd be great if available - the next adam schneider, possibly. can kick goals, can get the ball, just queries on workrate. would be very excited if we picked him up.
oh yeah. but no chance. hes maybe better than schneids. im pretty sure his name came up last year and the crows signed him ofr 2 or 3 years. hes a friggin gun player.
Correct, re-signed last year after speculation he'd return to Melbourne.
G U N.....but lets move on.
INCORRECT! Very definately available! Quote from todays Adelaide Sunday Mail:
"Nathan Bock and Chris Knights present the only serious dilemmas for the club and hopefully the saga will not drag on for too long and their playing futures will be known not long after the final siren has sounded on the Crows 2010 season.
The duo has good market value at the moment and with contract negotiations on hold or stalling for the moment, there is every reason for concerns over their futures.
Bock stuff....................Bla bla bla.
Knights has been linked with a return home for several years and it might well be a case for him of now or never. His disappointing 2010 season after a breakout 2009, will have him completely reviewing his footy life and, like Bock, will increase his salary significantly by a move away from West Lakes.
For Adelaide, it may be a case of what's on offer for Knights and if it's Essendon or Carlton that are the front runners for his signature, a swap for Angus Monfries or Jordan Russell (both from SA) and a draft pick may be tabled."
- Chris McDermott, Adelaide Sunday Mail, 15/8/2010.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Knights has been linked with a return home for several years and it might well be a case for him of now or never. His disappointing 2010 season after a breakout 2009, will have him completely reviewing his footy life and, like Bock, will increase his salary significantly by a move away from West Lakes.
it would be great if we could get him, but what are our trade options? cahill or miles or heyne or other rookies wouldn't be anywhere near enough. no more established players who really fit the bill - maybe eddy or armo but they still wouldn't get the deal done.

the only possible trade for knights would be stanley, and i can't imagine anyone here would be happy with that. i'd take it, though. serious help shoring up the list for the next couple of years.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I think Bock still has something to offer too. I'm not sure if he's too much of a bad egg though. Knights on the other hand is a gun. Although only 2 handballs against the Lions midway through the 3rd. I haven't been watching the game, maybe injured?

F_Q_F
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:I think Bock still has something to offer too. I'm not sure if he's too much of a bad egg though. Knights on the other hand is a gun. Although only 2 handballs against the Lions midway through the 3rd. I haven't been watching the game, maybe injured?
Did a hammy I think, either way he's off injured.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bock is a monty for GC, I've heard. Very good source.

FWIW too I've also heard NO Saints are on the GC radar. Same very good source.

Believe or not. Time will reveal the truth I guess.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'